Lightroom: From Workflow to WOW, Session 3 Video, August 4, 2016

Discussion in 'Learning Pad' started by gonewiththewind, Aug 10, 2016.

1. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Thanks so much to all of you who attended the third live session! If you didn't get to attend, here's the link to the Adobe Connect recording ~ so you haven't missed anything!

If you find upon viewing/reviewing the video that you have questions, please be sure to share them here. I'll answer them as best I can or I'll let you know if I'll be covering the answer to your question in an upcoming session.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  2. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Since the screen is so small, can you share the name and/or link for the free favorite preset you mention in the video?

3. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

click the Vimeo part (lower right corner of the video above) and it will take you to Vimeo : where you can make it full size if you wish.

4. BevG

Thanks. I did, but I still can't read what is written on her screen.

5. BevG

Tip: For any of the sliders, if you want to return to zero, just double-click the slider and it will return to exactly zero. It is like the reset but only for that one slider.

Suggestions for last session:
    - show how to edit existing adjustment brushes on a photo
    - crop - changing from landscape orientation to a portrait crop
    - using Snapshots to mark a spot in your history

6. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

hmm. that's strange. i can see everything perfectly. when you went to vimeo - you also selected the full screen option? (its the 4 arrows pointing outwards next to the HD). what size monitor do you have?

Maybe if you have a specific question about something Cheryl can help answer ... or maybe an even better option: have you tried pulling up LR to work along with her video? Then you can see it on your screen and work along with her?

ETA: never mind I see it's a question about a preset she has. I'm sure Cheryl will chime in when she sees this to share. @gonewiththewind

7. gonewiththewind

Gosh, I can't remember what I said . . . without going through and watching the entire video again, can you give me the time of the video, like what minutes/seconds it was at when I was talking about it? @BevG

If it was the black and white edit, that preset set I got as a freebie from Creative Market, but it's no longer a freebie: https://creativemarket.com/Contrastly/344058-Film-Sims-Vol.-1-Lightroom-Presets

I'll be back after my chat to share some preset freebie links with you!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  8. gonewiththewind

9. gonewiththewind

And also don't forget that Sabrina Dupre has some amazing Lightroom presets right here in The Lilypad Shop . . . and they're on sale this weekend for 30% off during the Quarterly Sale. A great time to stock up!

https://the-lilypad.com/store/Sabrina-Dupre/?catid=854

10. KellyM

KellyM Kickin' cancer's butt!

Another great video tutorial. I especially liked the editing. Great tips for editing eyes. Thank you!!

gonewiththewind likes this.