Lightroom CC question?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by ElizabethW, May 14, 2019.

1. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I went back and read the above line from @ElizabethW Trying to drag/drop from DEVELOP is the issue. In my understanding when you are in Develop, you are still actively working on an image. Once you make your changes and go back to Library (keystroke G) you are automatically taken to your now edited file in Library, where you can drag/drop to either of the Adobe editing programs - PS/PSE.

Now what I'd like, is if I could drag from Mac's Photos right into LR, instead of having to export my weekly files to a folder first. Actually, I don't mind because it's easier to 'see' my files in an full folder system rather than in Photos which I've never really liked except for the sync among all my Apple devices.

cfile likes this.
  2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Hi Maureen.. I tried from the library too.. both Cheryl (FDD) and I are on windows and it does not allow drop and drag... only with Macs. Thanks again for confirming re develop vs library. I appreciate it. Sure wish I could drop and drag, but have learned I can't drop and drag with a lot of things on my windows based software so I do most things the long way LOL Hugs..

Hope things are better by you and your DH is doing ok with things. Thinking of you both. I appreciate your taking the time out of your busy issues to check on this for me.. Hugs

3. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

thanks Christa...things are not worse re the treatment and the tumor does appear to be shrinking. But it's still a hard hard path for both of us.

I was hoping that @ElizabethW would see this since she's on a Mac.

bestcee and cfile like this.
  4. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I know it is a hard path but chin up.. stay positive and I am so thrilled to hear the tumor is shrinking :) That is great news. Hang in there. I know how tough it is on you too, with you being the caregiver. Hugs

5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Can you set up a watched folder? I'm not on mac, I'm on Windows. But I have my dropbox camera uploads folder set up to be watched by Lightroom. That way when I open Lightroom, my photos are in the right folder on my computer.

6. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

I'm on a MAC and I import directly to LR and it automatically copies the images to my MAC without any additional synching or dragging. If I want to continue to edit a photo in LR in PS, I just use CMD E.

7. ElizabethW

ElizabethW Pledging to lambda lambda polly

@cookingmylife - sorry I missed this! No, I drag and drop from Library.