Life got in the way

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by wvsandy, Jan 29, 2015.

1. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I really hate missing the fun of MOC. My DH fell on the ice on the 12th and broke his hip. He has had a partial hip replacement and is now back at home. As chief caregiver, something had to go and my digi-scrapping is what I lost. It looks like everyone is having such fun. I hope to keep the list of challenges and use them later this year when I have time again.

Be careful on those icy sidewalks, you don't want to fall!

2. sushimommy

sushimommy Could you point me to the helipad?

Oh NO, Sandy! I have missed seeing your friendly face - so sorry about his injury. I know he is in the hands of a very good caregiver - hugs to you and prayers for him as he recovers (and you as you take care of him).

3. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Oh Sandy, I am so sorry about your DH. Is he healing well? Hugs to you...being a caregiver is sometimes just as hard as being the patient. I hope he's being a cooperative patient for you!

I wish you could have joined us for MOC, but never fear - there's more fun ahead!

4. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

Oh no! Hopefully the recovery is going well.

That's one thing I love about this place! There's always something fun and exciting going on!

5. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

oh you take care of him...keep him laughing, and take pictures of life and scrap later! big hugs to you!

6. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

I am glad to hear he is ok and on the road to recovery. Good idea about keeping the list of challenges. Now it's like you get to enjoy MOC a little longer than everyone else. Hope you can find some scrap time soon.

7. talivstouwe

talivstouwe Am I really that rotten? I can't remember. I'm s

Yeeeowch! So sorry that happened and you had to miss out! Great idea to keep the challenges and do them later - great inspiration!

My mom had a hip replacement in December - it's been a long road but she had a good checkup Monday and can finally sleep in her own bed! I hope your hubby is healing well!

8. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

sorry to hear about your husband, hope you are taking care of you as well :)

9. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Sandy I am so sorry but glad to hear your hubby is home and recuperating,.. family & home always come first... they are the most important, and your hubby is the most important of all. I hope he is back to normal soon!

10. Dutch_Diva

Dutch_Diva The 80's called? Awesome!

Oh noooo that's bummer indeed! I hope your DH has a fast recovery and that you can catch up on the challenges later cause they're sure fun! :-D

11. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

So sorry to hear about your husband Sandy - hugs to him and to you. Wishing for a quick recovery.

12. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Aww Sandy I hope your hubby heals quickly and bounces back better than ever!

13. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

Hoping your husband heals well and that the hip replacement is successful. I fell on the ice once and it took a good while and lots of physical therapy to heal so I feel for him. Take care of you, too.

14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh my goodness Sandy! I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. I'm glad that he's already had the surgery and is back home recovering. Make sure to take good care of him and yourself in the process! Scrapping will always be here later. Prayers for a speedy and complete recovery for your husband!

15. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

Oh man! Here's hoping for a speedy recovery. Your husband is definitely more important even than MOC. We'll still be here when the dust settles :)

16. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

:( broken hips are no fun!!! I hope he gets well soon...make sure you get some good PT so he is able to use that new hip of his!!! We look forward to your return!

17. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Oh no....sorry to hear that. Hope he has a speedy recovery. Be sure to take care of yourself b/c it's also hard on the caretaker. Don't let yourself get run down.

18. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

That's awful Sandy - hope he is recovering quickly and you can have some me time back. xx

19. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

Oh dear.. I am so sorry to hear about your husband! Best wishes for a speedy recovery, and I hope you get some downtime too because that's a lot to handle.

20. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Sandy, so sorry to hear...hope he is recovering well....
    Not entirely sure what a partial would envolve...maybe only one of the ends of the prosthesis?
    I had a full one on my right side, the key to proper recovery is to follow the physio exercises and keep them as much as possible even after recovery time....
    I know how hard it can be to be in both ends, his & yours, all the best for you guys, look forward to having you back soon!!!!