Letting them fly.... literally and figuratively

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by tkradtke, Apr 7, 2019.

1. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

That's kind of my thing... I can get motion sick on planes and I really hate to throw up (especially in front of people)... I hate the trapped feeling on a plane.... like I don't feel well, but there's nowhere to go to be alone, you know?

Another in the category... glad to hear about it after it was done!

They were totally fine. I think the biggest thing for me was the blindsided feeling... not in a million years would I have even thought that they might have been doing THAT on a Saturday night. My husband had chatted with him earlier and asked him what he had planned. He had said that he and his roommates for next year were going the Buffalo Wild Wings to get dinner and watch the game. However, everywhere was packed, so this plan was hatched... soooo not on my radar... lol!

I think it is a control thing too. When he was texting his sister photos, in my head I was like "I forbid you to do this"... but he's 18 (almost 19) and was honestly not doing anything wrong. And it's also true that the things they do as adults seem to have much larger consequences that need those prayers!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    kimingvtx and cfile like this.
  2. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

It worked out to $40 per person... which is a decent amount of money to a college student paying with his own money... but not so much that I think it will prevent him from doing it again.

Yup... that was me. He was excited about this and enjoyed it, so I didn't want to ruin it for him... but I was secretly hoping he would hate it... lol!

Oh totally.... on every point above... lol!

It's tough, it really is. What has helped me through this year is not knowing everything. We talk at least once a week and know the high level of what's going on... but I don't need to know everything, and I definitely don't need all of the details all of the time. It's lowered the stress level for all of us.

Those engineers!! :-) Sounds like you had some amazing experiences flying... and I love that layout!

3. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I feel your pain. My husband was learning to fly when we were dating. He did get his pilot's license and it made me nervous every time he went up. Having a child do it ... has to be even harder to stomach. GULP.
    My uncle had a small plane and was pilot and my hubby's brother had one too and flew. Hoping my son bypasses it!

tkradtke likes this.