Letting out the Disney Excitement

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by krscraps, Feb 1, 2017.

1. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

So I just got back from the most amazing WDW trip I've ever been on, and it was unfortunately a social-media free trip. Very few people knew that I went, but so many amazing things happened that I needed to let it out somewhere. I needed this trip with how things had been going as of late. I was there for five days and hit multiple parks on each day. I even did four parks in one day on the last day!

I met 42 different characters (including rare ones like Robin Hood, Mushu, Gepetto and Pinocchio). I got to go to Club Villain and hang out with Maleficent, Cruella, the Queen of Hearts and the Evil Queen. I went on the Wild Africa Trek and got up close and personal with so many amazing characters. On our last day, we got to all four parks in one trip and were pixie dusted in Hollywood Studios with photo-bombing Tower of Terror Cast Members (who then gave us paper fast passes).

The problem is, I don't even know where to start with scrapping (I still have two books from my last Disney trip to work with). I'm thinking of doing a more "experience based" book rather than just random pictures like my past books. Any recommendations on how to do that? Maybe themed by park (except for the last day, because four parks in one day is an accomplishment in and of itself), then by experience in each park?

It was an insane trip (and I'm still exhausted from it).

Thank you for letting me let it out. I might post pictures later once I get them organized (a monumental effort right now xD).

Danyale, jesskab, Tree City and 3 others like this.
  2. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

That sounds amazing! and super cool.
    I love the idea of experience based scrapping. So much done in such a small window, must have been crazy fun.

3. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Sounds like such an amazing trip!!! Makes me want to plan a trip!!

I'm working on my Disneyland album from last spring break and I think I'm doing it more like what you would like to do. I have, in the past, just done more of a "photo album" with captions. This time was so special, that I'm trying to tell more stories. I'm sort of going chronologically, but I am lumping things together (like I just did a layout yesterday about all of the fast passes we used).

Disneyland is so much smaller, so I don't have the different parks issue (we did go to California Adventure, but it's not worth separating them out into different sections). I'm not sure what I would do. Are you thinking different books for each park or sections within a book?

4. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

I have six sections I wanted to do:
    --Animal Kingdom (Characters, Kilimanjaro Safari, Tusker House Breakfast, Wild Africa Trek)
    --Hollywood Studios (Club Villain, Characters/Character Paloozas (not on 4 parks day))
    --Epcot (Characters, Other stuff (I need to look through the photos again)
    --Magic Kingdom (Characters, Rides, Wishes)
    --4 Parks, 1 Day
    --Achievements Unlocked (So meeting Donald/Mickey/Minnie/Daisy in all costumes; meeting all the princesses; meeting all the characters in epcot in one day; stuff like that)

Maybe two books. I don't want to do too much, but the Wild Africa Trek will be at least 4 pages and Club Villain at least 6...

bestcee likes this.
  5. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I would start with a list.... specific photos that you want to record and specific experiences of what you want to record for this book. Once you have that list, then organize it how you would like to "read" it in your album. Experiences, for me, mean journaling. I think an outline might give you some direction as to how to work forward. :)

Good Luck!

6. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Wow! How fun!! I've some thoughts for you to think about that may help.

I'm usually a chronological scrapper when it comes to Disney, but I'd probably do this trip in two ways: 1) by park, and 2) by special moments. I'll explain.

Think of it as a chapter book with amazing illustrations, kind of like the AA Milne Pooh books. You have your story (your trip), it's broken down into chapters (parks) with a illustration page (special event or moment thrown in for fun) to add color. Does that make sense?

You can start the album out with a special first page of journaling to set up the book, so to speak, then have pages 2-3 be a daily itinerary/overview list sort of thing. Those pages will let the reader know what went on, why you went, what you did, etc., in an overview.

Then start scrapping per theme park/resort visited. You could even divide the park chapters even further by having sub-chapters scrapping the a) rides, b) food, c) characters, etc., for each park , and follow the same theme for each park to give it a more cohesive look.

The special moments? Do a page(s) about going to 4 theme parks in one day, or a summary page about all the characters you met. Did you have an amazing first-time ride or resort you visited? Make a special page. Or about the transportation. Or just a separate page of journaling that shows your thoughts about what went on. Throw a page or two like this in between each sub-chapter to act as a break.

I also wouldn't worry too much about the size of the book, or if it's one or two. This sounded like an amazing trip and everything deserves to be scrapped! I'm making three (possibly) 100-page albums for a 15 day trip this summer - one for each country.

But first, I'd just start writing your memories down before you forget what they are. I love the cards in the various Project Mouse kits by Sahlin Studio and Britt-ish Designs to help with this. Pick a card, fill it out, move on. Sometimes all you need is to check a few boxes and you're done. Then when you go to scrap the stuff you'll already have the specifics down and you can work in some of the details later.

Have fun! For me half the enjoyment of a Disney Trip is to complete the books where I get to relive it all over again, and I know you will, too.

scrappyjedi and zippyoh like this.
  7. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

Great ideas!

I think what I've decided on is one book of the first 4 days (separated by park, then by moment). Then the second book would be of one day where we did all four parks (because so much amazing stuff happened in that one day it's hard to comprehend xD). Once I finish organizing the photos, I'm going to write down my journaling before it all leaves my brain.

bestcee and QuiltyMom like this.
  8. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I don't really have a plan for my Disney albums. I have two paper scrapped albums, from 2003 and 2004, and then I have two digital albums, in progress still, for 2012 and 2015. I'm sharing the links to my FB albums in case something there might inspire you . . . or not . . . LOL

Here is 2012 so far:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3906860402058.2156621.1595742894&type=1&l=286502fef5

Here is 2015 so far:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...048.1073742056.1595742894&type=1&l=be96f1636e

9. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

So jealous of your trip! Sounds like you had a blast!

10. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

There's good advice in this thread and, since I haven't gone yet, I don't feel like I could be much help lol, except my one thought was "She probably has a whole book's worth of pics just from that last day!" :)
    I'm so glad you had such a great time. It sounds like you had an absolute blast!

11. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

How amazing of a trip?!!! So fun! I can't be much help on the scrapping it because I am so daunted by our last Disney Trip when I did the Princess 5k, 10k, and half marathon, and we stayed at Disney for a week with just my husband and I and another couple. I CANNOT scrap it because it just seems TOO big a task! That, and I am waiting for a RUN Disney theme kit by Krista ;)! Good luck with your album - can't wait to see some of it!

12. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

13. KittyY

KittyY Who is Dol-say and Gab-anna?

14. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

Excellent idea!

15. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

I appreciate all the tips!

I think I've gotten everything organized. Two books (again).

The general "memories" book is 46 PL pages (that's a LOT of photos) and the 4 parks book is a more managable 21 pages.

Time to get scrapping!

16. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

Just started scrapping my 4 Parks, 1 Day book. I'm only using the Project Mouse Basics so that it has a uniform feel and there's plenty of stuff to use with all the "Basics" color scheme. Since it's a book that encompasses just one day, I've decided to add time stamps to each page as the day progresses.

First page:
    [​IMG]

Last page:
    [​IMG]

17. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

It sounds Amazing, and your pages so far really tells a story, keep it up. At the same time please listen to the advice of
    @QuiltyMom and write things down now.How ever much you think you will remember everything now,there is always something that slips when you sit down to scrap later. Enjoy re living it all over again .

QuiltyMom likes this.
  18. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

Oh definitely. I'm scrapping them now so that the memories don't leave my brain.

I'm actually 8 pages away from finishing my small book. Confining myself to one kit and one style really makes things a lot easier. Sure the pages are simple, but I'm beginning to realize that's just the way my style is!

19. scrappydonna

scrappydonna Blah blah blah

amazing trip! can't wait to see the rest of the layouts. you're doing great! :)

20. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

Sounds like an amazing trip!!