Letters|Pad Patter 6.9

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Jun 9, 2018.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'm visiting my family, but my husband had to work, so he is at home. I brought stamps and envelopes so I can write him a letter. He may not get it until I return, but it's the thought that counts right?

Anyway, it made me wonder. I used to write lots of letters, but I've let email and text take over.

Do you write letters still and mail them? Does anyone write you letters?

bbymks5 likes this.
  2. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I do get occasional handwritten thank you notes from a few people, and I do send them occasionally, but that's about it.

4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

No letters, but I still send and receive cards. I'm lucky to get anything but texts from some of my family.

5. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I can't tell you the last letter I wrote...it's been that long ago :(

6. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

We like to send postcards back and forth with several friends. It’s fun to send them and we love receiving them- way better than the usual bills and junk!

7. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

My Aunt & I still write to each other- usually it's a card that I've made, then I write all over it- and she does the same too. I love & still make homemade cards for everyone that I love- I mail the to friends & family. I imagine they toss them- but I get to be crafty so it's all good. I think it's SO important to still have handwriting around!

8. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I used to write lots of letters and make cards and care packages, until they closed our post office. Now it's too much hassle having to walk into town first, so I don't. I keep thinking that I want to do letters etc again.

bestcee likes this.
  9. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I rarely write anymore. I did growing up when my best friend and I would be separated because of family vacations. I also wrote to my cousins who lived away from me. I still have quite a few of them!

These days, I do still write the occasional thank you that gets mailed, but most everything is hand delivered. Everything else is email or text.

10. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

No sadly though I have seen several photos on Instagram for people who do mail art/postcards etc. I have been slack in sending a weekly postcard to my MD granddaughter and this must be the reminder I need to get going again.

11. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Just cards really. I had a penpal in Germany as a kid, I'm not sure how that came about, I think our dad's knew each other maybe but the month in between sending & receiving letters was hard & the post office wasn't exactly close by & there weren't postboxes in our rural area. It petered out in highschool. Now letters come from school mostly - they send 'your student is doing well' etc & 'save the date & come to this award day but the exact award is a surprise' letters (besides the normal info emails that parents & students get)- seems odd given the push to go green & paperless in the classrooms but its nice

12. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I send Christmas cards most years. That's it.

I actually have a 'thing' about cards & only buy them for people who I know will be irked that I don't. I don't buy my husband or my kids cards for anything.

My mother, naturally, loves cards & makes her own so I receive a handmade card for every occasion (which is fine & different from generic storebought cards). She sends my kids cards for holidays & postcards when they travel.