Let's Talk DYD Foundation Albums!

Discussion in 'Document Your December Layouts' started by scrappyjedi, Nov 9, 2017.

1. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Not sure I'm 100% happy with how my foundation pages are turning out...good thing they're digital so I can change them later if I want/need.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

That's what I'm thinking, I can change something later on if I need to!

Here are my most recent pages, all 20 are complete now, will not make any more unless I need them in December! Thanks to this thread I decided to do these foundation pages!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. RaquelS

RaquelS How does my garden grow? Well, it doesn't ...

Yay! I'm so happy to see all these wonderful foundation pages. Back in the day when I used to paper scrapbook, lots of my pages were foundation pages. I couldn't wait to work with all the embellishments! Now that I'm a mother of 3, I feel like I have to pre-plan everything I do, including digiscrapbooking. Here's my minimalistic take on DYD. I'm going to limit myself to just a picture per day. We'll see how it goes. I can always add a grid with lots of pics, LOL!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

Wow, I am so impressed with how much you all have done already. I am not nearly as far yet. This is what I got so far:

[​IMG]

I am using a template album and have changed the drop shadows, a few colours and added just a tiny bit to see whether I like it at all. The numbers in grey are just there to see how this will turn out. I will put them to the corresponding page under the journaling and in a lighter grey than it is now.
    All the yellow will be gone...

What i also did was create a swatch of the colours I want to use (I hate having to always pick the colours constantly from somewhere) and I created a set in nexus with the fonts I want to use. Everything else will be done then and there. I can't commit to papers and elements in spots yet.

kaphelps, Angela Toucan, Ga_L and 3 others like this.
  5. RaquelS

@Rikki Wow!! Your album looks impressive! I love all the grids and the spaces for large photos. I can't wait to see the end product!

6. SirScrapalot

SirScrapalot Tackling my to-do list with gusto

UGH...so I've been working for the last week or so on my foundation pages, and something has felt off. I haven't wanted to do them, they don't feel right to me, just blah.

Then today I saw all of Raquel's pages, and I realized that I really would rather be doing a more pocket style album. I'm about five seconds from deleting everything I've done and starting over.

7. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

you rock ladies, your foundations are amazing !

RaquelS likes this.
  8. Rikki

Don't delete them! The same happened to me a few years ago. I had all my foundations pages done (way more fleshed out than the ones above) and then I decided I didn't like them anymore and wanted to do something completely different. I started all over again and put all the earlier pages into a separate folder where they sat for another year. The next year I used them for my DYD album and I had no work at all as everything was already done.
    What you don't like today might be just what you want or need tomorrow.

Angela Toucan and GwenCreative like this.
  9. Rikki

Thanks @RaquelS They aren't really that elaborate (yet), but I like the idea of part flat and part drop shadowed spots. I made more pages today just by flipping, rotating the ones I had already and by shaking things up a bit. I don't want to be tied down by already assigning spots for cards etc. so I am just going with the flow once December has started.

RaquelS likes this.
  10. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I have started over like 4 or 5 times now, but I think I'm in the groove now and enjoying how it's coming together. I did about 10 foundation pages this morning and hope to work on some more this week as I have a chance. I am loving all these pages and you guys are such a source of inspiration!!!

GwenCreative and RaquelS like this.
  11. RaquelS

I second what Rikki said, Aaron. Please, don't delete the work you've already done. You never know when you may use your foundations pages. I would probably save them for January's MOC. :agree

Rikki and GwenCreative like this.
  12. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I'm half way through my foundation pages. I was starting to get a bit bored though, until I saw Liz's new Advent template. So today I snapped that up and made a foundation page that won't be for a set day, but will be for photos of the daily ornaments for our Jesse Tree that we will be doing for Advent.

RaquelS, Rikki and BevG like this.
  13. destiney1

destiney1 Well-Known Member

I mocked up a few ahead of time. really going to try working on one-two photos a day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

one of my foundation pages - this is for the Jesse Tree
    [​IMG]

Meredith78, RaquelS and Rikki like this.