Let's talk about movies...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by MrsPeel, Jun 1, 2016.

1. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

LOL I haven't been to sleep, woke up yesterday at 7:30 am is 4:47 am Thursday here now..... I just got sorting out the computers, scrapping gorgeous BYOC yay!!!! and trying to clean up programs to delete, need to copy my iPhoto into the new EHD, lots of technological stuff I need doing and is a pain but has to be done.... and after all that... I wanted to come be relaxed a bit with you guys!!!!

2. MrsPeel

@Tiff I used to love old classics too... also the period movies like Jane Eyre, Little Women, Wuthering Heights and all that type.... I havent watched an old movie for ...2 years? I watched Rebbeca with Sarita almost 3 years ago!!!!

3. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Ohhh I forgot Avatar, beautiful and it made me cry,because as a human race we really are greedy and stupid.
    Cynthia I am that impressed ,with you for sorting everything out.

4. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

No horror movies here. Nope. Nope. Nope!!
    I do love most other movies, war movies, movies set in the past (however past that might be), futuristic movies, romance, comedy.
    One thing I don't enjoy is rude movies. Movies that have lots of swearing for no reason apart from "being cool" and excessive nudity for the same reason. There are a group of actors that do movies like that, they are really funny, but they swear too much and it just makes me feel uncomfortable.

5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

That's a book adaptation. :agree

I just watched that this past weekend and really enjoyed it.

I don't do horror or anything with really disturbing images. I still have that well image from 'The Ring' that gives me nightmares on occasion. We saw a house with a well in the backyard and as soon as I saw the well it was a big No! It's not the story line, it's the imagery that sticks with me.

As for war movies, I enjoyed Windtalkers for a similar reason @MrsPeel. My grandfather was with the Navajos, so it felt like a connection to him.

MrsPeel likes this.
  6. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

I will not watch anything that ends really sad. I even check for spoilers first if I think it's a possibility. I don't watch holocaust movies either (most war movies) because they are too much. I cannot bear it. IT was awful and a horrific time in history. I do not like reliving it through movies. I also have never and will never watch gory movies. they are nasty and I hate them!

paula kesselring likes this.
  7. paula kesselring

paula kesselring Designer

Really? Pride and Prejudice on zombies...ohhh no!!!
    I love zombies movies, but my prefered is an English one a little morbidy comedy: Shaun of the Dead
    Super funny!
    [​IMG]

The boy's gif is from the The Sixth Sense!!!When he said "I saw dead people"!!!
    BTW I hated AI...super sad film....hated it!!!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    MrsPeel likes this.
  8. paula kesselring

paula kesselring Designer

LOOOVE all Hitchcock's movies!!!! But he was a cruel genius who treated his actors like cattle, torturing his icy blondes’ performances out of them...:nuno

MrsPeel likes this.
  9. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

I'm another one that can't watch most horror or war movies, although I did see Schindler's List and American Sniper but couldn't watch Saving Private Ryan.

I also love to watch sci fi and action movies and some comedies. I don't really care for the cringe worthy comedies though with the really gross, stupid, almost slapstick humor.

MrsPeel likes this.
  10. MrsPeel

ohhhhh YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shaun of the dead was HILARIOUS!!!!! but I still dont make a choice on zombies ....
    and I think that Jane Austen with zombies will definitely make me cringe LOL

oh I am so glad you explained this, I have been trying to find the words to explain some of my dislikes on comedies... I love romantic comedies nd things that make you laugh of a happy laugh... I really dislike the hunor that gets of on taking the mickey of others or , like you said, gross or taki stuff ....

janedee likes this.
  11. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

I prefer old musical comedies, they make me happy. Then I also love all the Molly Ringwald 80s movies. For the most part I don't watch a movie more than once. But, I have some that I'll drop anything to watch. Any Elvis movie whatsoever, Mommy Dearest, Sybil, Sweet Home Alabama, Dirty Dancing, Mulan, & Michael Jackson-This is it.
    I think you all already knew I'm eclectic.

MrsPeel likes this.
  12. MrsPeel

LOL Jess!!! I love some of those!!! is Molly Ringwald the one in Breakfast Club?

I had never watched Dirty Dancing, watched it last year because we were going to the musical and then couldn't because I was unwell, so I settled for second best LOL
    I need to watch Mulan!!!
    Loved Sweet Home Alabama
    Now I have a bigger list after reading you girls here of movies to watch!!!

13. yzerbear19

yzerbear19 CT - Krista Sahlin

I love Disney and Pixar movies. I also love a good sad, historical drama like Titanic or Gone with the Wind. Historical movies normally will get my attention. I like romantic comedies but there haven't been too many of those that I like lately.

I avoid all horror type movies. Yuck. I don't like gory or scary. And I don't like Zombies.

I am insanely excited about Finding Dory coming out this month!!! I <3 Dory!!!

14. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

I really like Marvel and DC movies ... I just love to suspend my belief just for a little bit and they really do the trick. But if I ever feel like a good cry I just start watching The Colour Purple ... I seriously can't get past the opening scenes before I bawl like a big baby and have to turn it off!