Let's Get Physical, Physical...

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by Karah, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Karah

Karah Karah

Let's Get Physical, Physical...

Alright! We got our own forum! :yesss

For those of you just joining us, we're doing a 30 day workout challenge. Basically, I want everyone to set a goal to complete in 30 days. My goal is to exercise at least 20 minutes a day, every day - even if I have to break it up into 10 minute blocks. No excuses! Some of you are already exercising a lot, so maybe you want to start working in some different strength training exercises or adding some extra time on to your workouts... whatever works for you!!

Ok - so I think it might work best if we do weekly threads - what do you guys think? Just check in as often as you can and post how you're doing, let us know if you need a kick in the behind, cry if you're frustrated ... and I'm totally open to suggestions!

I'll get this party started...

My goal for this 30 day challenge (as I said before) is to exercise 20 minutes a day EVERY day. No excuses!!

Yesterday I didn't do as much as I had hoped to - it was a CRAZY busy day. BUT I did go for a quick 10 minute power walk and then I bowled 4 games over 2 hours. And while that doesn't sound like a lot and I didn't break a sweat, I am SORE today! LOL. DH is leaving in a few minutes here for his softball game so I'm going to bust out the 30 day shred DVD while he's gone.

How have the first 2 days of October been for you guys?

2. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

okay, my goal is at least 20 minutes mon-fri. plus drink more water, less sugar.

3. purpleplasticpurse

purpleplasticpurse purpleplasticpurse

i'm shooting to do my Zumba everyday! Ordered a new one, so hoping it will be here tomorrow! :D

4. Karah

Karah Karah

Got my workout done! Phew. I am SOOO out of shape and so weak. I was on level 3 in June and now I can hardly get through level 1! Yuck.

5. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

Run 3x week
    Crossfit 2x week

We'll see if I manage all that. LOL

6. emmasmom

emmasmom emmasmom

I'm in the middle of training for a half marathon (towards the end of November) and that consists of 4x a week runs 1 day of rest and 2 days of cross training. I'm pretty faithful about the runs, I need to get better about the cross training.

7. Dana

Dana Dana

i think my official goal is going to be 30 minutes/day - making sure that 3 days each week is the C25K program (i did day one on the 1st) .. i'd also like to do more, but for now, that will be my goal :) i didn't do anything yesterday - weekends will be the most difficult for me, but i really should be able to squeeze in 30 minutes!

8. Whit

Whit Life is too short to keep it all in!!

I'm starting Slim in 6 over. My goal is to get it done everyday :)
    (Saturday and Sunday accomplished!)

9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I did work out on Friday and then I went for a short run with my son while he was riding his bike. I probably should start doing the C25K since I'm doing a 5K again on Thanksgiving, but for now I'm going to try to do the 30 day shred at least M-F. :)

10. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

I went to CF this morning. So far so good. :)

11. sahlink

sahlink sahlink

I am really trying to be physical... after years of not.
    I'd like to work out 2x at the gym, and 2x on Wii Active.

12. tanbanan

tanbanan New Member

I'm running in a Ragnar Relay in Vegas Oct 21-22nd. . . so I definitely need to get my road and trail miles in! Plus crosstrain with spinning!

13. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

I will continue on my P90X. Sept. 30 was my 30th day, so I am in on the second month now. Pushing myself to work even harder and up my weights a bit each time! It's going really well. I NEVER thought I could carve out an hour to an hour and 15 minutes each and every day, but somehow I have. It has SUCKED, but I have done it, and I definitely feel accomplished!

14. mommy2boyz

mommy2boyz This closet isn't big enough for my boots

I'm starting my C25K again. And I'd love to get back to teaching classes, but with my already overbooked schedule, I just don't think it's happening. :( Maybe one day.

15. Karah

Karah Karah

So how's everyone doing? I have to confess I haven't worked out every day. Booo! I have been walking a lot - but there were a couple of days this week that I was only able to get in 10 minutes instead of 20+. I know it's something, but it's not what I'd been hoping to do. Tomorrow is another day! I'm going to try to get in a 45 minute walk tomorrow afternoon to make up for some of the time I haven't been able to get it done.

16. mommy2boyz

mommy2boyz This closet isn't big enough for my boots

I walked two miles today!! I would have tried to run some too, but between the double stroller and two boys, I was pushing over 80 pounds, so I figured I made up for the extra calories that way! :)

17. AmberR

AmberR Take that naysayers! Pink is my color.

Hi, I'm new(ish) to the forum, as in, I just joined about when you got your own fitness forum! I started up again this morning and was overwhelmed by how out of shape i've gotten in the past four weeks. I could cry, all that hard work from the past year...and I could barely make it through a 20 min. work-out. I need help, so I hope you will welcome a new face to your fitness forum. I'm about to go check out the accountability thread, because that is what I need, someone to help hold me accountable.

My goal for the next 30 days: exercise at least 20 mins a DAY and start counting/watching caloric intake again. I've even gone back to everyday health to help me. In just a moment, I'll pin that tab so it is ALWAYS open when I open up my browser.

Amber

18. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

so i did great on this for about 2 weeks. then i crashed. haven't exercised since.
    not sure HOW to get myself motivated here.

19. GrahamLiketheCracker

GrahamLiketheCracker Little Egg

I got on a scale recently and the news was not good. I soooo need to start doing something again. I get going really well for about a month and then after I lose 20 pounds or so I slack again. I am writing this month off, but I am going to try to not get out of control. Anyone sticking to an exercise plan this month?