LBW Month of Challenges! Third Week - Choose the May LBW BYOC theme

Discussion in 'Announcement Pad' started by y_baros, Apr 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. y_baros

y_baros missing sock mystery has been solved

[​IMG]

Hey everyone, Yolanda here! I hope you're all having a great time celebrating Val's digi-versary with us! :cheer I'm loving seeing all of the amazing layouts that are being created in honor of this wonderful event - you're all killing it!! :yourock

For this week's challenge, I'm bringing you something a little different...

[​IMG]

That's right. I want YOU....{wait for it}....to help Val choose next month's BYOC theme. We're looking for the best THEME to inspire Val's awesome BYOC creations. You give us a theme and Val and the CT will have a vote to decide the winner. Once the theme is decided on, Val will create her BYOC products around it and the participant who provided the winning theme will WIN Val's May BYOC! Put on those thinking caps and get creative - I can't wait to see what y'all come up with! :happyclap

REMEMBER: If you complete all 5 challenges this month, besides getting a $2 GC to Val's shop, you will also be entered to win a permanent spot on her CREATIVE TEAM!

ETA: For this challenge, I don't need a page, BUT if you would like to scrap one around your theme, I will not discourage you from doing so :)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  2. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

May is the kinda universal month of beginnings. May flowers, may pole, the first really warm weather and sunshine in the northern hemisphere. I think the color palette is chosen so I would say the theme needs to be out doors. Fresh air, gardening, repairs from winter havoc, new growth, sunshine and new beginnings. I.e. renewal, growth and blessings.

I'm thinking you want a page too, so I'll be back.

Tree City, chigirl and y_baros like this.
  3. y_baros

Love those ideas, @Lindzee ! For this challenge, I don't need a page, BUT if you would like to scrap one around your theme, I will not discourage you from doing so :) Thanks!!

Lindzee likes this.
  4. knclark

knclark Chocolate snob

We are Star Wars Fans and May the 4th has become quite a big deal - my son writes it in on the calendar as my boys believes it truly is a holiday. I am even creating a star Wars ride for my spin class that day. So I would love a Star Wars themed kit for May the 4th "be with you" day!

5. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I'd love something in the LBW style about motorcycles, airplanes, cars... things that go, basically. My son and husband both really enjoy those, and my daughter does to an extent, too.

according to this site, May is motorcycle saftey awareness month! perfect!

6. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

board games, card games, and puzzles

y_baros and Tree City like this.
  7. Kate W

Kate W And justice for all ...

I would love you to celebrate your anniversary with a Little Butterfly themed kit!

It would be perfect for spring, and there are so many great butterfly quotes about transformation, having wings, beauty born from struggle... I can see some great teenager pages, art journalling...ooh, I'm feeling inspired LOL

8. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

School's OUT can be the theme . . . paired with summer plans for those of us who are post-school age. I love prompts like checklists and bucket lists with boxes to check off.

Tree City and y_baros like this.
  9. gwtwred

gwtwred Leaving, on a jet plane ...

Do we know the color palette for next month yet?

klee73010 and Joan K like this.
  10. Joan K

Joan K Maybe I'll just grow down

This is a unique challenge for sure! My idea is for a kit with a "trash or treasure" theme. I live in Wisconsin and one of the things I notice in May is that lots of people have rummage sales and do a lot of spring cleaning. I would love to see a kit that goes with cleaning out or with shopping rummage sales (which I love to do!). I'll see if I can come up with a layout - though it might be just pictures since I really need a kit for it! Hmmmm - thinking cap is on....

So I decided to make a layout about turning trash into treasure and here it is - I used the "My Kind Of Day" kit - which worked well, but . . . I could imagine even more!
    [​IMG]

11. gwtwred

gwtwred Leaving, on a jet plane ...

How about "Mother, May I?" There could be word art stuff in it for Mother's Day and May, but also vintage/nostalgic kids' game type elements, like kick the can, hopscotch, jacks, etc.

Tree City, y_baros and Joan K like this.
  12. zanthia122

zanthia122 Keep me away from Bart. Mmmm...

I would love to have a grandmother kit... I have lots of photos of my kids with their grandma but not enough kits to scrap those photos.

Tree City, y_baros and Joan K like this.
  13. y_baros

The BYOC swatch isn't posted anywhere ahead of time, but don't let that keep your creativity stifled. I'm sure Val could make any theme work with the colors!

14. shaynesgirl

shaynesgirl All I need is a pink Corvette!

Not sure what the colors are... but I was thinking maybe a hat theme.... there are so many quotes that could be turned into super cute journal cards -

A Mom Wears Many Hats
    If The Hat Fits Wear It
    Home Is Where You Hang Your Hat
    A Crown Is Merely A Hat That Lets the Rain In
    You Can Leave Your Hat On
    Don't Be All Hat and No Cowboy
    Good Friends, A Great Hat, Life Doesn't Get Any Better Than That
    Balls, Bats, and Baseball Hats, That's What Little Boys Are Made Of

The theme could really be versatile for everything that is May - graduation hats, Summer projects with a hard hat, baseball cap for summer sports, football helmet for JFL, Mickey Mouse Hat for vacations, Witch Hat for dress up with little kids, flower hat for grandmothers, band hat for band camp, etc.

Here's something for inspiration:
    hat-board.jpg

15. y_baros

I am loving all of these ideas!! You are all so creative!!

16. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

i working on it
    either on Hoarders
    or Mom's in Heaven

17. silent ranks

silent ranks Don't forget to turn back around

In Australia, May marks Labour Day / May Day particularly in Queensland. The Labour movement pushed hard for an 8 hour work day through the 1850s to the 1900s.
    It is now a public holiday and many people take the long weekend away to visit family or go camping before Winter really hit us.
    Symbols for Labour Day would be the number 8. Blue sashes, the Eureka Stockade flag. Anything that resembles hard work....

May is also Mother's Day for us Aussies so if I was making a kit for May it would probably be that more than anything. Something strong though. Not lovey dovey and pretty. Thinking... military Mums, Mum's who have to be strong, determination, courage.... red, purple, dark olive,

18. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

New beginnings, from this to that ( egg - chick, caterpillar - butterfly , paint - painting /drawing, seed - plant , fabric - dress /patchwork, yarn - garment or knitted bag , pencil - doodles , perhaps even wheel - bike ,wood- paper.....and on and on LOL .
    Other than that I love the hat idea and the celebrating of your anniversary.

19. designbylime

designbylime Definitely a cat person.

Granddaughter, grandson theme.

20. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

"April showers bring May flowers." That truism could be a theme. Flowers, flowers, flowers, butterflies, hummingbirds, gardens blooming with brilliant colors, sweet smells on the breeze. Just a thought....

y_baros and Tree City like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.