Late March 22 Accountability !

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Mar 23, 2018.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Whew, what a week! had 8 hour round trip to big city and 3 hour eye appointment(wait, dilate, wait, and ugh) but! I have kept on the treadmill all week, 'cept the 8 hour traveling day. I am actually running now a 1/4 mile at a time. I am rather proud of myself. I have not run since I was in 8th grade in 1978!! bhwahaha!

I am not losing pounds at this moment, but my pants are no longer cutting me and we laugh, my necklace is hanging lower. My neck and fingers are the first to lose weight.
    I put on shorts and they were lose (from last summer) yeah

I got a water bottle I love (with a big straw) and it locks closed and pops open easy. Sounds silly, but it is keeping my water intake at a good level.

This weekend we get on splurge item. I think I am gonna have rice! lol I am craving a bowl of white rice and butter!

How ya'll doing?

bbymks5 and cfile like this.
  2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I {was} having a good week... and then I went to my book club meeting last night at a Mexican restaurant... and I had TWO margaritas. Whoops! Definitely went over my calories for the day, but that's the first time in a long time, so I'm okay with that. Gotta splurge once in awhile, right?

I also worked out TWICE in one day on Monday. I did my normal workout with my work out buddy and then my hubby convinced me to go for a run with him after that! He's trying to get back into shape too, but he doesn't have a running buddy, so it's hard for him to get going. I made my boys go running too... family run! I wish I had gotten a picture because that's never happened before. The good news is that my normal workouts have me in pretty good aerobic shape, so my lungs weren't dying, but I did use some new muscles while running that were a bit sore the next day. :giggle

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I've walked a mile and at least 1/4 everyday except for today. I've been out all day shopping (because we were having work done here). I walked over a mile while I was out though. I know it's not all brisk walking, but it's moving. I always park my car as far away as I can and force myself to walk, then I walk around the stores a lot.

@AnneofAlamo sounds you had a workout at the eye doctor in another way. LOL Congrats on running! That's awesome!

@Karen - good for you working out two times in one day. Those margaritas will get you. Once in a while won't hurt you. LOL

Karen likes this.
  4. AnneofAlamo

I love this idea! I think it would be fun to find the furthest away versus the closest too! I didn't treadmill today, but did grocery shop and moved furniture. I knew time was going to be tight today, and the treadmill and shower after can eat up an hour rather quick!

5. Cherylndesigns

I've done this for years. I always take the stairs vs the elevator too (unless there are 100 stories LOL).

6. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I have stuck with my paleo low carb plan and am maintaining my 75 lb weight loss since last year. What I need to do now is exercise but not sure when I'll have time. With my GD in the hospital and being there almost every day on top of working is taking up most of my time. I have gone for a few short walks with Taz but that's about it. Maybe tomorrow I will check youtube for a quick weight routine to ease back into it. I miss weight lifting.

Aerobigirl likes this.
  7. Cherylndesigns

Sorry to head your GD is in the hospital! Can you get away for some walks around the hospital? My DD is in there pretty often and I just try to walk all over the hospital when she's napping or has other company.

I was just poking around on the internet a few minutes ago and found this article about getting steps in - by parking far away, taking stairs, etc. it's kind of interesting how many steps we can get in. https://www.prevention.com/fitness/15-ways-to-get-10000-steps-a-day-without-exercising-more

8. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Thx Cheryl....I do park further away and get more walking in between parking lot and hospital entrance and then I walk around the hospital a bit too. I'm doing lots of stretches as my neck and back get achy from sitting so much and leaning forward over the bed but I know if this is going to be ongoing for quite some time, I need to get in some strengthening/toning exercising before I pull or strain something.

9. Cherylndesigns

Having spent the best part of 3 years in Peds, I can completely relate. I turned into a vegetable then. In the last few years, I've learned to get up and move around whenever I can. Fortunately, she's not in there for more than a few days to a week now. It's really rough and I feel for you. The first time my DD was in there, she was there for about 90 days straight and I hardly left at all. Sending you and your GD lots of love and hugs.:bk

bcgal00 likes this.
  10. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

I've been on weight watchers since mid-February. Stress eater here! Since I teach fitness and yoga classes, exercise hasn't really been a problem for me except that I could benefit from more weight training. Eating healthy amid stress is my nemesis. I figured out a way to eat with the points I'm allotted and still have a real hot cocoa every other day ("real" = skim milk and Starbucks cocoa powder, as opposed to water and a low-calorie mix). Being able to have things I want to have as long as I don't have all of them all at once is the best way for me to make better food choices.

Hoping to hit 10 pound weight loss on my weigh-in this Thurs. I was at 9.8 last Thursday, so close!!!

enjoyyourpix and Cherylndesigns like this.
  11. Cherylndesigns

@Aerobigirl good for you!! Sounds like you're already doing the right things. Eating isn't my problem, personally, it's not doing all of the other things.

12. AnneofAlamo

@Aerobigirl that is sooooooooooooooooooo close! I know you will make it!

I'm sidelined until tomorrow. Had some chest pains, Sat/Sun and a brief visit to ER...but going to doc tomorrow to get cleared, and find out why the shallow breathing. be right as rain soon

13. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Have you seen Fitness Blender on YouTube? I did this one yesterday, and thought it wasn't much. Until I was walking around today, oh about my 7,000 step I went "Oh yeah, I can feel yesterdays muscles!"

14. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

@bestcee that looks good and is very similar to one I’ve been doing by HASfit. I saved the vid to my Pinterest exercise board. Thx for sharing.

bestcee likes this.
  15. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

White rice with butter sounds amazing!! Woot woot to smaller pant size!!

I cannot seem to get my act together; seems the harder I try, the harder I rebel against myself, which is so dumb because at the end of the day I'm only letting myself down. I have a routing blood draw coming up on Thursday and I'm afraid to see what my numbers are. I really need to get my act together if I want to get down to a size 6 and not feel like I'm wasting my Dr.'s appointment times.

16. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I've sort of fallen off the track a bit too.....wait, that meant I was on track to begin with.....

I know I've been stress eating the past few weeks between job rejections then not knowing whats going to happen with my mum's health - we should know more early next month (you'd think that hearing that your mum has heart issues would spur you into action but it hasn't yet and she is significantly healthier and thinner than me) and of course the weather hasn't helped me get out and walk (over summer it was too hot, now autumn has hit and it has rained constantly)

17. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

On Friday I woke up to my Fitbit Charge HR literally falling apart. I love having the motivation to move so wanted to find a replacement with the changeable bands (as that was the main problem with the Charge HR and where they were breaking....not due to me but due to a design fault). I had a $30 gift card to The Warehouse which I needed to use, so did my research and found that the Alta ($159) was online only (the one I wanted) so couldnt use my gift card and decided on the Alta HR ($209). It was slightly out of my price range but I could price match and bring it down to $179 so I thought that will do and arranged to borrow a bit of money for the last bit as I was $40 short as well as use my gift card. Fast forward to today, am browsing the range in store and see that both the Alta and Alta HR are on display. I go up to the counter with both display boxes and ask whether they have them in stock, they said yes to the Alta HR but would have to go and check in the stockroom for the Alta. I said my first preference was the Alta in Plum followed by black then the Alta HR in Black.......The sales person came back with a box....Alta in Plum - the one I originally wanted and didnt think I could get! Feeling very very lucky today.

BevG, LoveItScrapIt and londoncuppa like this.
  18. Cherylndesigns

Yay for finding the Alta in Plum the one you really wanted!! It's great when you find the very thing you want. Hope you get back on track now.

littlekiwi likes this.
  19. Justagirl

Justagirl Courageously dancing in the rain

Silver linings hey! woohoo

littlekiwi likes this.
  20. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I keep saying I need a fitbit. Hmmm?