Last Google: Pad Patter |10.5

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Oct 5, 2016.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Tuesdays are for errands at house, and invariably I end up googling something. Hours, location, or even where to get something.
    Google makes me giggle when it autocompletes something that I looked up a long time ago!
    So, what's the last thing you googled? (or yahooed, binged, Siri'd, I'm not picky.)

tinkerbell1112 likes this.
  2. bestcee

Mine? The local post office. I gotta go get a mail key.

3. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I just googled how to turn off cortana AGAIN! I don't want it suggesting things to me. Apparently, the recent windows 10 update turns on Cortana and makes Egde and Bing the default browsers and search engines. I hate it when OS updates make unwanted changes.

jesskab and bestcee like this.
  4. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

teaching flood...we are doing science project today! woo hoo

bestcee likes this.
  5. bestcee

What? I haven't had the edge /bing problem. But yes, sigh, I again had to turn off Cortana, and remove it from my bottom bar.

6. bestcee

Ooo.... Whatcha flooding?

7. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

It looks like the last thing I googled was to find a Code of Federal Regulations reference so I'm thinking it was during work yesterday :)

bestcee likes this.
  8. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

@keepscrappin I know exactly what you mean! I had to completely uninstall Chrome because it just would not work with the update. I am not a fan of Cortana.

The last thing I googled was K'Nex Roller Coaster for a layout I did about what 6yr old wants for Christmas.

bestcee and keepscrappin like this.
  9. keepscrappin

The update added Edge and Cortana to my bottom taskbar so I removed those the other day. Then, today Cortana kept coming up suggesting things to me, so I had to turn it off again and not allow it to send notifications in the notifications center.

bestcee likes this.
  10. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Today at work it was a local community college to get info for potentially requesting approval for tuition assistance program at work.
    Yesterday was the # sign on the keyboard or phone :giggle

bestcee likes this.
  11. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Antigua Guatemala Easter

It looks like my daughter will be going to Guatemala over spring break this year with school (late cancellation, so a spot opened up and we had to make a quick decision). They will be there for part of the Easter week celebrations, so I was taking a peek at what she'll be seeing.

scrapsandsass, bestcee and Sokee like this.
  12. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

the whole earth...be careful...lol
    we are actually showing how layers happened with the flood of Noah's time. we filled a big ol' pickle jar, with different things, and then flooded it...we are off to shop then come home to see the difference!

bestcee and Sokee like this.
  13. aballen

aballen Don't make me break out the milk

Mine was directions to Cafe Rio near me, :D I was out and about and wanted to get some lunch.

bestcee likes this.
  14. keepscrappin

Oh no, now I want Cafe Rio! Double chicken tacos - here I come! :yowza

aballen likes this.
  15. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

The last thing I googled was my vet's phone number. Needed to make an appointment to get my dog's ears re-checked. He has an ongoing ear infection that is hard to cure, poor baby!

16. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Emotions and marriage family therapy -- exciting huh? Have a counselor who skips the emotional stuff and goes right for so how are you not going to let it bother you this much next time. UMMMM ... let these emotions process so it's not sitting there ready to erupt again? I concluded it's a man thing.

bestcee likes this.
  17. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Does Google Maps count? ;) Just this morning I looked for a hotel in Greenville, South Carolina. My girls and I are going to see a Pentatonix concert in November! :yahoo

Or how about Google Images? The last time I did that was a couple of days ago when I posted the big cupcake in the chatroom to wish Jen a Happy Birthday.

Oh! Now I remember my last plain Google! How could I forget? Just this morning, I searched again for the Acapella Academy website. It's a camp for young vocalists my daughter is going to apply for for next summer.

bestcee likes this.
  18. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

Last night I was all over Google trying to fix a problem I've been having with Photoshop CS6 since updating to macOS Sierra. I tried it on my guinea pig computer first (an old iMac that I use for data processing now), and it worked great. Updated on my workhorse Mac Pro, and CS6 wanted to crash every time I closed a file! I ended up uninstalling and then reinstalling, except the installer didn't want to work and I had to find the workaround for that! Everything is back up and running and happy now, though.

And now I need to do the same thing on my MacBook...

19. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

a recipe for Chicken casserole. My son Mark texted me for my recipe but like most things I don't have one I do it off the top of my head and might change it up by what we do have in the house. So I looked for one that was most like mine. He said his girlfriend wanted it.

bestcee likes this.
  20. LynnG

LynnG Designer

Whether the Australian writer I sub-edit for had spelt the name of a bank executive correctly. Living the dream here LOL :compcoffee

KayTeaPea, bestcee and enjoyyourpix like this.