Kristin Aagard Designs' SURPRISE! Challenge | July 2018

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by tpbuffy, Jul 7, 2018.

1. tpbuffy

tpbuffy Well-Known Member

Welcome to Kristin Aagard Designs' SURPRISE! Challenge

On the first Sunday (or maybe the first Saturday :giggle) of the month Kristin hosts a new challenge, the challenge type and requirements change each month (surprise!). The challenges can be subject matter challenges, photo challenges, technique challenges, journaling challenges, etc. The challenges are typically for the full month but that can change (surprise!). Even the number of winners can change (surprise, again!)

Let’s get started...

July 2018

The Challenge = Break the Rules

This month we are going to break one of our rules, specifically Rule #3 - for this challenge you are allowed to double-dip and use the layout for this challenge for another store or designer challenge during the month of July. The Rules for breaking this rule are: 1. The layout must be new and created July 7, 2018 through July 31, 2018. 2. The layout must contain only Kristin Aagard's kits/papers/elements/alphas/word art/splatters and 50% of the items must be currently available for purchase in the store. (the other 50% can be retired/free Kristen items; other designer's templates, fonts, actions are also acceptable and do not count against the 50%). 3. You must follow the other rules of the challenge. 4. Please list the other challenge you used the layout in or list that you did not double-dip (you don't have to double-dip to play). Other Info: Please make sure that the other challenge you submit for allows for double-dips. There are no other instructions for the layout; it can be any subject matter, any technique.

The Prize = Four Winners for $5 each to Kristin's Store

The Deadline = July 31, 2018 11:59 pm PT

Here is my sample layout - I also used it as my sample layout in the Scrapping with Liz MIS Challenge for July.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Prior Winner

Please join me in congratulating Huyentrang43 and Trish for winning the May Challenge - Album Cover and Nanascrapper for winning the June Challenge - Subject Matter: Food.

The Rules
    1. Have fun and play nice!
    2. Use only Kristin Aagard kits/bundles (active, freebie or retired are all okay); you may use other designer’s templates, fonts and/or actions.
    3. The layout you use must be new for this challenge and cannot be used for another store or designer challenge.
    4. If you post your layout in the TLP gallery please follow all gallery requirements.
    5. Link an image of your layout before the end of the challenge in this TLP Challenge Thread or in the Fan Club Event; please include your credits.
    6. The winner(s) will be chosen from all qualifying layouts and will be announced when the following month’s challenge goes live.
    7. Qualification of layouts and eligibility of participation solely determined by Kristin Aagard Designs.
    8. Questions? Just post your question in either this thread or club event; please tag my name to get my attention. I will get back to you as quickly as I can.
    If you are not a member yet, check out Kristin’s Facebook Fan Club

We can’t wait to see what you create!

Psychozoe and umyesh like this.
  2. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

I did not double dip Used all KAagard template and Beachy kit
    [​IMG]

3. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

New layout created today, and I double dipped with the July Template Challenge
    That was fun!

[​IMG]

4. LynnZant

LynnZant Well-Known Member

I didn't double up, but I did copy you and used Kristin's Being Silly. Thanks for the challenge!

[​IMG]

5. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

Thanks for this challenge-it feels like I am breaking the rules, but I will get over it. lol:lol
    [​IMG]

6. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

7. dagi

dagi Aiming high

I used Dawn's ♥ free July challenge template for this challenge
    [​IMG]

8. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

9. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Another Great Challenge!...Just To Let You Know...I Did Not Double-Dip...I Created This Layout Specifically For This Challenge...I Just Recently Acquired Your Wonderful "Evening Glow" Kit & I Couldn't Wait To Use It Here For This Challenge...

*My Sister Has The Most Wonderful Corgi...He's So Cute,Lovable & Sweet!...His Name Is Cooper!...Cooper The Corgi!...I Love This!...She Sent Me Some Wonderful Pics Of Him From When He Was A Pup,Times In Between & Now Pics...That Being Said...I Had To Do Quite A Bit Of Work On The Photos To Get The Look That I Wanted & The Copy Image Of Each Photo In A Sketch Mode Effect Also...But I Couldn't Resist Making A Brand New Layout With These Few Chosen Pics...All About His Sweetness That Is Cooper!...

*For My Pup Star Layout I Used Only 1 Kit..."Evening Glow" Plus A Couple Of Really Cute WA Elements From Fur Babies-Puppy Dogs-Both Kits By Kristin Aagard

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  10. disneysheryl65

disneysheryl65 Snoring in perfect pitch

I did not double dip. Thanks for the chance!

[​IMG]

11. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

I did not double dip. All products by Kristen.

[​IMG]

12. Tanyia

Tanyia Active Member

No doubling up, I used a template from Cheryl.

[​IMG]