Kelby photo walk

Discussion in 'Photography Pad' started by lizj, Aug 11, 2014.

1. lizj

lizj Active Member

I just registered for the 2014 Scott Kelby photo walk on October 11th. I am in Los Angeles so we will be walking down Hollywood Boulevard! Has anyone done his photo walk (or any photo walk) and can give me tips on what to expect? I have never done a photo walk and am excited but completely uninformed. Anyone else participating this year?

2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I haven't done one, but just had to pop in and say "how cool!" Come back and post pictures and tell us all about it after you go! :)

3. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I've never gone to the Vancouver one here but a friend of mine in Kelowna did. She loved it and won a signed book from him. Have fun and be sure to share your pics with us.

4. PLM

PLM I know there's something in the wake of your smile

I have never heard of this, so I would like to know too how it works, Im curious!!! :yesss

5. toriloowho

toriloowho Yep… I'm an over thinker.

I was hoping there would be one close to me, but there's not this year. Well, technically there is, but unless the leader will come back with a bit more specific narrative about WHERE in that particular area they're going, I just don't see shooting there.

6. KellyM

KellyM Kickin' cancer's butt!

Sounds fun and interesting!!

7. Jen

Jen I believe in patterns & conspiracies!

I've never done one. In years past they would be scheduled on days I couldn't attend, but I may be able to this year. Just have to see if it fits in my schedule.

8. mollyc

mollyc PrettyPinkPicturesPlease

I did one one year, I can't remember if it was the Kelby one or a different one. I had fun, but I was the only person who had kids (and mine were really young in a double stroller), so it was a bit harder for me than most. It's interesting to watch the other people and their approach to framing and shooting. If you do it, make sure to join the group page to see all the photo shares.

9. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

I did one several years ago in Tacoma. It was fun. The group really didn't stick together much, and my DH didn't want to meetup with everyone after to share photos, but I liked it and it was a good excuse to get out and snap some pics of something different for a change. I ended up with a few shots I liked. I happened to catch a bride and groom crossing the street, some Chihuly glass (fountain) and I got a picture of a building that was later torn down. The location was right next to where I worked at the time, so it wasn't a strange/unusual spot for me, but still fun.

Be sure to let us know how it goes and share your pics!

10. toriloowho

toriloowho Yep… I'm an over thinker.

Ah... now the usual spots are available in my area. I might have to see if my neighbor wants to give it a go.

11. crlin

crlin Well-Known Member

Have gone the last 4 years and have really enjoyed it! It looks like there are two walks in Hollywood which one are you going on? I haven't made up my mind which of the many walks I want to go on and the Hollywood one is one of my choices. I always have a problem figuring out where to park in LA though! I am an hour away so not real sure where i am going sometimes! You will have a good time and maybe I will see you there!

12. lizj

lizj Active Member

It says on the walk page we meet at The Hollywood/Vine Red Line Station next to the W Hotel. I think the other L.A. walk is at Disneyland, I only see one for Hollywood. As of today (8/19) there are only 9 out of 50 spots left so if you're going to sign up you don't have much time left! Let me know if you do, I'd love to have a fellow scrapper to hang with that day!