Keeping Balance

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by KarenC, Jan 3, 2015.

1. KarenC

KarenC Well-Known Member

I tend to scrap like a mad woman and forget everything that's going on around me. :) How do you keep a balance? I'm going to try and do a least a couple of chores around the house before I even open up photoshop. What about you? :)

2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Did you just hear me??? I am doing a tutorial (on video) and it is in bits and pieces. My family is NOT cooperating with my MOC focus! I just snarled..
    ONE DAY, I am gonna sit and scrap and not get up until I am done.

But...............I don't think it is gonna happen, so I save a LOT!! I reboot laundry, scrap...
    then go wipe down bathroom
    SCRAP
    pull out things for dinner
    SCRAP
    balance check book
    Scrap
    and so on and so on

and I am so thankful that............it is digital and not paper!

3. SirScrapalot

SirScrapalot Tackling my to-do list with gusto

I'm the same as Anne...when I get home from work, if I open up the scrapping, I am doing stuff in between. It's never a full sit down session.

4. PLM

PLM I know there's something in the wake of your smile

I struggle with this a lot!!
    So nice to read I am not the only one.
    My former solution for this problem, was to give up night's sleep. But that just doesn't work anymore.
    Too much to do in the house and when you're not fully awake, simply not good at all!!!

I try to keep the scrapping only for the evenings (I scrap with the laptop on my knees in the couch, watching tv), overdays I jump in and out the net to place my layouts and check out the forums and facebook.

5. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Balance? We are supposed to be balanced? Pfffffttttt.

Really... there is no balance. LOL. Between work, school, after school, homework, dinner, chores, and everything else.... no balance, more chaos! I just squeeze it all in between, and enjoy the days that NOTHING is going one.

Those nothing days don't happen often... BUT this weekend is one!!! So, I've scrapped 2 pages, starting on my third, completed some ad work/descriptions for Amber, and wrote up a tutorial blog post for Renne... so I'm on a roll! YAY! lol, I'm a dork!

Normally, I scrap after my kids are in bed. That's it. Rarely, when they are awake.

6. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

Hah, if anyone has the answer to that, I'd love to hear it! I will say this though, I've realized I am more apt to get grumpy if I don't have a little creative time in my day. That being said, it doesn't always happen, like today for instance!

7. Pallavi01

Pallavi01 You have that sharp, useless look about you

I wish I had the answer to that!!! :)

I tend to get up in the morning and scrap for an hour before the mayhem starts. Thats my only full sit down session. Else its in between things. My lil kiddo is such an attention seeker that he takes it as a personal challenge to wreck the laptop if he sees me sitting with it. so i generally tend to avoid it when he is up .....and given he has more energy than any kid should legally have....he is generally up most hours! lol :) i am just glad to get in whatever and whenever kinda scrapping time - but i hate the non sit down sessions. so tend to wait for the mornings.

8. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I wish I could, I take my scrapping time whenever it happens~

9. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

I find that I sit down after breakfast for a quick check on the forum and gallery and before I know it -- I'm scrapping a page OR TWO and EVERYTHING is neglected. My husband has been so understanding. I have been known to sit scrapping for 8-9 hours straight. I need to get some balance. I think in the new year, I need to get some other things done BEFORE I sit down to the computer.

10. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

there is NO balance at MOC time ... I am studiously ignoring my family. I'm sitting at my computer very quietly and hoping they don't notice me ... naturally they will want feeding soon *sigh*

11. lizj

lizj Active Member

Karen, I am much like you. I will sit and scrap for hours and block out everything else. I think for those of us whose kids no longer live at home this is our guilty pleasure! And my DH knows where the fridge is!

12. KarenC

KarenC Well-Known Member

That's so true, Liz! lol.

and thank you everyone for your thoughts. I really enjoyed reading them. :)

13. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Balance???? None around here either except university assignments are #1 and I tend to block out everything to do those so cleaning, scrapping and gym take a backseat 95% of the time.

14. KarenC

KarenC Well-Known Member

Well! I've discovered that there is no keeping a balance when trying to get caught up! :)