Kate Hadfield's July 2019 Blog Template Challenge & win a $15 GC

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by cfile, Jul 1, 2019.

1. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

It is July!!! Wow... we are now officially in Summer for most of us and we are starting the 2nd half of the year. It sure has flown by!!! With a new month, comes a new Blog challenge from Kate Hadfield Designs, and this month surely is a winner.

This month's template challenge at Kate Hadfield Designs, we are calling "Blocked & Squared". Summer, warmer weather, holiday and vacation fun, this template will be perfect to scrap all of those events and more!

Before jumping in with the new template, I want to announce the winner of Kate's June Blog template challenge "Chevron". Thank you to everyone who joined in on the June template challenge. We really enjoyed seeing your beautiful pages!

The winner chosen by Rafflecopter for the $15 gift card to Kate's Store for June is RJMJ (@RJMJ ) with her beautiful Summer Fresh page:

[​IMG]

Congratulations RJMJ!!! [Please contact Kate via PM here to claim your prize!!!]

Now on to July!!! Kate is still going strong on her photobook project for the year and is enjoying being able to play around with a really clean, graphic style for her pages. This month’s template was again inspired by her explorations into pocket style scrapbooking (and it works really well with her free Blocked template so you might like to download that one too!).

[​IMG]

Here is the page I made with her beautiful template:

[​IMG]

(Please click on page to get full credits)

Now it is your turn!!

Head on over to Kate's blog to pick up the free template (please scroll down on Kate's blog for download links) and to see more inspiration pages from the rest of Kate's Creative Team. Enjoy & have fun with the template! You could win a $15 gift card to Kate's store!

THE CHALLENGE:
    1. Download the template from Kate's Blog. (Please scroll down until you see the "Download Template Here: PSD PNG PAGE Tiff" ) You can use them as is, flip them, resize them, anything you want, to make them your own!
    2. Create a digital layout, hybrid layout, or even a card or other project. It can be any theme that you wish. The only requirement is that your page should include at least 50% of Kate’s products.

*Please note: This has to be a new layout for the challenge*

If you are looking for some inspiration on how to use Kate's doodles, check out the huge Kate Hadfield Creative Team Pinterest board! You'll find 300+ layouts with all kinds of doodles & themes!

Or, go to Kate's blog to see all the layouts from her Creative Team using this template!

TO ENTER:
    1. Post your page in the Kate Hadfield gallery here at the Lilypad.
    2. Leave a comment in the Rafflecopter giveaway at the bottom of the June challenge post on Kate's blog, linking back to your page by midnight EST on July 31st! The winner will be announced along with the next blog challenge on August 1st!

We hope you enjoy creating with this "Blocked & Squared" template for July! We can't wait to see the gorgeous pages you will make with it and Kate's doodles, as well as reading the stories! Happy Scrapping!

Angela Toucan likes this.
  2. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

I really liked using this template Thanks
    [​IMG]

3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Congrats @RJMJ and thanks Christa and Kate for the cool July template. Christa, LOVE your inspiration LO!

4. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Hey There Cfile...

Thank You! So Much For Choosing Me As The Winner! Of The Kate's GC!...This Is Fantastic!...So Glad!...But I Don't See A Link To Kate's PM Name & I Don't Know What It Is...Can You Help A Girl Out With Some More Info...Please...I Would Appreciate This As I Don't Know How To Contact Her Otherwise...Thanks! Again...Such An Unexpected Surprise!...:banana

cfile likes this.
  5. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Kate is Kate

6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Loved this sketch! I used it to document Alyssa's horse show in 2015.

[​IMG]

7. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Cool template!
    [​IMG]

RJMJ likes this.
  8. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

9. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

Congratulations @RJMJ ! And thank you Kate for this template!
    [​IMG]

10. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

11. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Thank you for the template and for the new challenge

[​IMG]

Dady likes this.
  12. morgyns

morgyns Well-Known Member

13. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

This template could become one of my favorites. Thanks.
    [​IMG]

marijke likes this.
  14. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Here's mine
    [​IMG]

marijke and wvsandy like this.
  15. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

EEk! I thought I had posted this earlier right after I returned from vacation. Oopsie! Here it is:

[​IMG]