Kate Hadfield's December 2019 Blog Template Challenge & win a $15 GC

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by cfile, Dec 1, 2019.

1. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

:treeDecember is HERE!!!!!! :tree .. and it is also the beginning of the busy holiday season! With that in mind, Kate has 2 wonderful new templates to share with you this month and we can't wait to see what you do with them.

Before we show you the new blog templates for December, let's begin with the winner of the Kate Hadfield's Blog November challenge. A very big thanks to everyone who joined in. We really enjoyed seeing your beautiful pages made with the "Clusterd Template 3" template!

The winner chosen by Rafflecopter for the $15 gift card to Kate's Store for November is Sandy (aka @wvsandy ) for her wonderful page titled "Apple Picking".

Congratulations Sandy!! And here is her winning page:
    [​IMG]

(Sandy, please PM Kate here for information on how to obtain your Gift Card.)

Now for December!!! Kate has created another awesome template for us to scrap with based on a page from Kate's Creative Team Members. We are going to "Scrap Like Karen"!!! With it being the holiday season and many are putting up their trees and decorating for the holidays, Kate created this fun template that you can show off your pictures! It has lots of spots for your photos of those wonderful ornaments or great to make a fun advent calendar or photos throughout the year with it.

[​IMG]

In addition to this fun "Scrap Like Karen" fun holiday template, Kate also created the "Blocked 2" template for the December challenge here at the Lily Pad.

[​IMG]

You are welcome to use either OR both the templates for the challenge this month, as Kate will be picking TWO random winners from among the assorted entries.

Here are my pages using both templates:
    Scrap like Karen:
    [​IMG]
    (Please click on page to get full credits)

and

Blocked 2 Template for the December Template Challenge here at the Lily Pad:
    [​IMG]
    (Please click on page to get full credits)

Now it is your turn!!

Head on over to Kate's blog to pick up the free templates (please scroll down on Kate's blog for download links) and to see more inspiration pages from the rest of Kate's Creative Team. Enjoy & have fun with the templates! You could win a $15 gift card to Kate's store! (***Remember if you use both you can enter both for 2 chances to win!!***)

THE CHALLENGE:
    1. Download the template(s) from Kate's Blog. (Please scroll down until you see the "Download Template Here: PSD PNG PAGE Tiff" ) You can use them as is, flip them, resize them, anything you want, to make them your own!
    2. Create a digital layout, hybrid layout, or even a card or other project. It can be any theme that you wish. The only requirement is that your page should include at least 50% of Kate’s products.

*Please note: This has to be a new layout for the challenge except for the blocked 2 template. (That one can be used for both the December Template challenge here at the Lily Pad & Kate's blog challenge.. it just needs to have 50% of Kate's products)*

If you are looking for some inspiration on how to use Kate's doodles, check out the huge Kate Hadfield Creative Team Pinterest board! You'll find 300+ layouts with all kinds of doodles & themes!

Or, go to Kate's blog to see all the layouts from her Creative Team using this template!

TO ENTER:
    1. Post your page in the Kate Hadfield gallery here at the Lilypad.
    2. Leave a comment and the link to your page (so we can all give you some gallery love) in the Rafflecopter giveaway at the bottom of the November challenge post on Kate's blog, by midnight EST on December 31st! The winner will be announced along with the next blog challenge on January 1st!

We hope you enjoy creating with the "Scrap Like Karen 2 and/or the Blocked 2" templates for December! We can't wait to see the gorgeous pages you will make with them and Kate's doodles!

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah and Happy Holidays!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    Lisa B, Ferdy and Kate like this.
  2. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Thank you @cfile and @Kate ! Can't wait to get some more doodles!

Kate and cfile like this.
  3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Congrats, Sandy @wvsandy and thanks for two great templates, Kate and Christa!

Kate, wvsandy and cfile like this.
  4. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

I love this month's templates, and especially the one with the circles/Xmas tree
    [​IMG]

Kate, cfile and Lisa B like this.
  5. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Thank you for the lovely , and very useful template
    [​IMG]

6. Lisa B

Lisa B What am I supposed to do with all this chalk?

Thank you @cfile and @Kate! The Christmas tree is so fun! I'm going to scraplift your LO Christa! We usually do an ornament every year for each family member's significant event or theme for the year and I scrap them for a mini family history in ornaments. This tp will be a fun page to showcase them this year!

7. cfile

oh that is fantastic.. Can't wait to see your page Lisa!!!

Kate likes this.
  8. Meibritt

Meibritt CT - Kate Hadfield

Congrats to Sandy!

[​IMG]

cfile, wvsandy and Kate like this.
  9. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Congrats Sandy!
    Here's mine
    [​IMG]

Kate, cfile and wvsandy like this.
  10. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I had fun with this template.

[​IMG]

11. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

Kate, cfile and wvsandy like this.
  12. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Love having an excuse to scrap my Santas
    [​IMG]

13. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Thank you for the template and the challenge

[​IMG]

cfile and Kate like this.
  14. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

I had fun with the "tree" template. Since our last name is Flowers, I made a flower tree covering the circles with flowers.
    [​IMG]

cfile, cinderella and Kate like this.
  15. flowersgal

Here's mine made with the blocked2 template. I have modified the template slightly -- turned it on it's side; merged the top layers to make one large photo which actually includes 6 individual horizontal spaces.
    [​IMG]

@cfile - Unfortunately when I went to Kate blog to enter it would not let me provide this second link as I already had one entry with the tree template.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
    cfile and Kate like this.
  16. cfile

@Kate can you make sure Patsy’s second entry gets counted? Thanks!!

patsy I am sure Kate will get back with you re the rafflecopter issue! Thanks for entering!!

Kate likes this.
  17. Kate

Kate The Doctor's new companion

Hi Patsy, gorgeous pages! You should be able to link to both layouts in the Rafflecopter, but if its not working for you don't worry - I'll manually add in your second entry! Thanks for playing along!

cfile likes this.
  18. flowersgal

Thanks Kate. I tried it again and it seemed to work this time.

19. CathQuillScrap

CathQuillScrap I suspect foul play...

Thanks for the lovely templates. Here is mine using the Blocked 2 template.
    [​IMG]

20. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

I barely had time to get one done and you give us TWO gorgeous templates! Thank you!!
    [​IMG]