Just when I thought it couldn't get worse

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AmaG, Oct 12, 2017.

1. AmaG

AmaG Born in the wrong decade

Some of you may already know that my husband (35) has brain cancer. He recently had surgery and is going through daily radiation.

This past Monday, my mom died. She was rushed into the ER. Went into cardiac arrest. They worked on her and did active CPR for an hour. My sister and I held her when they turned off the machine keeping her "alive."

This probably isn't the place to ask, but please, those of you who believe that there is more, something, anything, after this life, please PM me. I want so badly to believe but my faith is really being tested. My mom was 61. She has three young grandchildren. My sister and I have no father. We have our husbands and kids. I'm lucky to have in-laws. We have each other but our relationship is strained.

I feel broken, lost, angry, sad, overwhelmed. Thanks for listening.

MrsPeel, cfile, jesskab and 1 other person like this.
  2. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

Oh Sweetie! I am so sorry! All of that at once just really sucks! Life can be such a rough ride at times. BIG virtual HUGS - I wish I could reach through and give you a real one!

And your feelings right now - broken, lost, alone, angry - those are totally OK to feel right now - don't let anyone tell you otherwise, though I know they are not comfortable!

AmaG and bbymks5 like this.
  3. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I can only echo what Erin has said.

*Hugs to you*

AmaG likes this.
  4. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Awww I am so sorry. So much for you to have to deal with at one time :( Everything you are feeling is completely ok and to be expected! Talk as much or as little as you want and feel what you need to feel. I'm sending thoughts and prayers for you and your family!! And a big hug!!

AmaG likes this.
  5. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

I am so sorry! I do believe there's some bigger plan out there. My heart is with you & I do hope things get better very soon. All my love.

AmaG likes this.
  6. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Oh wow. I don't know why life has to throw so much at good people all at the same time but I know you are due for some good karma soon . Is your sister close by? Please vent as much as you want & hang in there. We are thinking of you & your family

AmaG likes this.
  7. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry, this is an awful amount of devastation in your life you are having to deal with. I hope you find strength and comfort in those closest to you.

AmaG likes this.
  8. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and you and your family.

AmaG likes this.
  9. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I am sending you lots of hugs and prayers!!!

AmaG likes this.
  10. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Oh, I am so, so sorry! I just lost my Mom in August, and knowing it's going to come and having it happen all of a sudden just doesn't make a darned difference. It's simply painful. Please know that you're not alone in this, even though it may seem that way.

I'll send you a PM soon, but please know that you are in my prayers! I'll be asking God to be holding you in His arms extra tight these days. Hugs to you!

AmaG likes this.
  11. LynnG

LynnG Designer

I am so sorry. What a terrible loss, and so young. Sending you a virtual hug from NZ

AmaG likes this.
  12. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I'm so sorry for your loss, Ama! My thoughts are with you and your family!

AmaG likes this.
  13. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I'm so sorry for your loss.

AmaG likes this.
  14. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

My deepest condolences to you and yours. Wishing you strength.

AmaG likes this.
  15. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'm so sorry Ama! It's been a rough time for you lately. I will keep you in my prayers.

AmaG likes this.
  16. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

I am so, so very sorry for you. This is too much all at the same time.
    Yes, I do believe that our loved ones watch us from heaven and that they can only see or understand the good and happy things. So I'm holding on to that personally.
    Know that the Pad is amazing and a place to feel at home. We are here for you. :hug

AmaG likes this.
  17. AmaG

AmaG Born in the wrong decade

Thank you. I really do appreciate the words of comfort. This community is more than just a scrapbook forum. Thanks for being here, TLP family.

mimisgirl likes this.
  18. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh Ama! My heart is just breaking for you. I'm so sorry that on top of the stress and worry of your husband's health you've now suddenly lost your Mom. I wholeheartedly believe in heaven. So far, only my husband has lost a parent (to Alzheimer's) and it was such a huge comfort to us knowing that his Dad was now whole and not in any pain any longer in Heaven. Whenever I think about his Dad still I imagine him running around in Heaven with his huge smile on his face, (since he also had Polio as a child he was never able to run freely.) I am praying for you to feel that comfort and be surrounded by your loved ones as you grieve.

AmaG likes this.
  19. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I am so very sorry Ama - that is awful. My heart feels tight and so sad hearing this. I can't even imagine all you are feeling. Consider dropping in and talking to someone at your church. They will probably know how to help you best with all the feelings & doubting your faith at this extremely difficult time. I hope your sister is near you.

AmaG and cfile like this.
  20. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

I'm so sorry for your loss, Ama. Big virtual hugs to you.

AmaG likes this.