Just Booked our trip to Disney :)

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by stampin_rachel, Jan 20, 2013.

1. stampin_rachel

stampin_rachel The Lost Spice Girl

We decided to take the girls to Disney this year. This will be our third time there. We are going June 6-13th and I am already excited. So for all of you Disney experts - what are some "must do" things?

So far we booked the "Hoop Dee Do Musical Review" dinner with Mickey, The Ohana, and a princess breakfast. We are staying at the Coronodo Springs.

I am looking ways to save money, so any suggestions are appreciated!

2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

3. lmjrocko

lmjrocko See that in my rear view mirror? That's Michigan!

Disney and saving money don't really go hand in hand lol, but fun does. Have a great time! I love their ice cream Mickey ears on a stick. Yum!

4. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

When I was at CHA last weekend, I met up with Steph (of the Daily Digi) on Monday with some of the other gals. She has an app for planning your vacation there.

Here's a little about it:
    http://capturingmagic.me/episode-13-helping-you-capture-magic-in-the-parks/
    http://capturingmagic.me/category/photopass/

I believe there is Disneyworld and Disneyland on it...I couldn't download it till I got home because it needed wifi, and then I just haven't had time to really check it out.

Now I need to go read about it on her blog! LOL

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  5. Peppermint

Peppermint One Little Bird

The app is pretty awesome. iOS only.

You can choose your "photo opps" ahead of time then the app reminds you to take the photos when you're in those locations, and you can record comments and notes and things. It's like a Disney journal?

I'm on Android so I can't use it, but she and Katie were using it like gangbusters. And she exported a log of all our photos afterward and emailed it to me and it says which photos were taken, who took them (on which camera), who was in them and any comments she had. Pretty awesome.

6. stampin_rachel

stampin_rachel The Lost Spice Girl

7. MissKim

MissKim ichthyophobic

Definitely listen to some of the Capturing Magic Me podcasts. Lots of great tips there. I always recommend buying a notebook now as you start researching and planning. As you read omsething you want to remember, put it in the notebook. I use a Passporter guide book while on the trip to save my receipts, memorabilia, and to take notes on what we did each day.

You've got a great start as far as choosing meals. Have a magical trip!

8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I have no suggestions as the planning of a Disney trip is what keeps me away. :giggle

I can't wait to see pictures of the girls meeting all the characters and having fun though. :)

9. aballen

aballen Don't make me break out the milk

That's awesome!!! A trip to Disney is on our list, hopefully we can go soon.

10. nativescrapper

nativescrapper nativescrapper

That is awesome!! One of these days we trying to take a trip there too, :)

11. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

I'd probably completely fail a Disney vacation. I don't plan. I'm lucky to have the flight booked and a bag packed. I'm just way too "meh whatever, it'll all work out, we will just play it by ear" about travel. lol

12. talivstouwe

talivstouwe Am I really that rotten? I can't remember. I'm s

That is so awesome. I hope to someday take our kiddos, it would be such a blast. I have zero advice - the planning aspect overwhelms me to the point of drinking.

13. kim21673

kim21673 I'm slowly getting there!

Have fun!!! It has been years and years since I have been there.

We are hoping to get there next year with the boys. My parent's 50th anniversary is this year so they are going to Hawaii (without us...BOO HOO) so we are planning a Disney trip next year so they can go with us!!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  14. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

Ooh exciting have fin it's been 20 years since I went lol doubt ill go again to expensive for me to get us all there from the uk

15. sporte91

sporte91 Take a left, then another left, then left again

Color me jealous! We took our first Disneyland trip in January of 2009, and I'm dying to go back. We keep having babies, so the plans keep getting pushed back until everyone is old enough to enjoy the experience. Someday...

16. mrsski07

mrsski07 Hot for Harlequin

I had no idea about the apps! We're going in March (as long as the military doesn't screw it up) so I better get to looking on the apps.

I see that you made restaurant reservations, that was one of my suggestions. You can bring in snacks and water for the kids - DO IT! We went for 1 day last year in May and even though we brought our own water we still spent a ridiculous amount of money on water. It gets hot and humid it's very easy to get dehydrated. Do the photo pass. It's free, unless you order photos. But there's photographers all over the park and when you get home and look at the photos it's nice to have the option to order if you want. I'd look at the different parks that you're going to and find the top 3-5 things that you MUST do and let your kids do the same, if they're old enough. It'll help you to plan out your days. And most of all - ENJOY!

17. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

I'm so jealous - I would love to go to Disneyland ... I'm reading all your suggestions avidly!

18. talktoheather

talktoheather The 102nd Dalmatian.

Disney was amazing with the girls! I (obviously) don't know what it is like to go with kids, but with a group of grown up kids, it was a blast!!!

We are already planning our trip to DisneyWorld in October. And inviting friends and family to join. I loved that Steph had a PhotoPass and will soooo get one when we go! It was brilliant. Always someone to take a group photo and we got photos from rides. I'm so excited for you!! I get the Capturing Magic blog to my inbox and it's my favorite thing to wake up to. #disneynerd.

Which coast are you going to?

19. nesser1981

nesser1981 Member

I love Disney! We went last Feb/Mar for our daughter's Make A Wish trip. Checkout the disboards.com, they have tons of advice, suggestions & tips! We did 4 character meals, they are so amazing! This is an album of all my pages from our week trip.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4398011187908.2182859.1217358424&type=3

And i suggest this app.

Disney World Magic Guide
    Maps, wait times, menus w/ prices for every where on the disney property.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  20. amyjaz

amyjaz amyjaz

So exciting! We stayed at Coronado Springs when we went, and it was great. Disneyworld is not my forte but Disneyland is my obsession. However, I can tell you this- do yourself a favor and eat at the Italian restaurant in Epcot. OMG it was the best food I ate during the entire trip.

Also- look into a meal plan. We did it when we went, and thought it was worth every penny!