Just a little whine...

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by tkradtke, May 29, 2017.

1. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I am finally finishing up week 16 and should start on week 17 (the week of April 23rd) tomorrow. I have zero motivation to stay caught up this year. I love PL and I love the way I'm doing things this year... I'm just having more fun working on other projects lately.

That's it, just a brief whine about being over a month behind. Is anyone else behind this year?

bestcee likes this.
  2. sm_amber

sm_amber I learn from the best..

... um... I still haven't finished 2014 or 2015.. or started 2016 or 2017 ... how's that for behind?? ;)

3. tkradtke

Okay... you have me beat Amber! :-) I still have yet to finish 2016 though. I have entirely too many unfinished projects.

sm_amber likes this.
  4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I didn't finish 2016. And I'm still missing the 6 weeks of summer from 2015. I told myself I would do then since I wasn't doing 2017....Nope! Still haven't done them.

tkradtke likes this.
  5. renee82

renee82 renee82

I think I will forever be behind... I'm still working on 2016... Have done a few 2017 sporadically and don't even get me started on vacation albums.... oy!

tkradtke likes this.
  6. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

I have pictures from Feb. that need my attention. A few weeks ago, I downloaded a huge batch of photos from my husband's phone onto my Mac. I decided to scrap all the 2012 photos and use them as Throwbacks in this year's Album. I just have a couple Chanukah photos to go, and after that, it's back to the future (i.e. 2017.)

bestcee and tkradtke like this.
  7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'm ALWAYS behind, but I've kind of made peace with that because then when I do get time to scrap, I have LOTS of choices of where to start. Lol!

My biggest problem is that I'm really into real life art journaling and painting recently, so I feel torn between scrapping and painting anytime that I have free time. So I totally feel your pain about having fun with other projects. Just keep on taking the pictures and get caught up when you feel inspired. :)

mixedclawzz, RebeccaH and tkradtke like this.
  8. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Coming from someone who is caught up....not sure if you want to hear this...lol! I force myself to scrap my weekly page every single week, even if I don't want to. I promise myself a fun scrap afterwards if I'm really not looking forward to it. I always try to keep the end game in mind when it's something I don't want to do. I always feel better when it is done.

9. tkradtke

Glad to know I'm not alone :-)

That is so me right now with these other projects I have going!

That's what I used to do... well, except that PL was the only scrapping I did at that time. I couldn't wait until Monday so I could work on my PL spread for the week before. Last year I began scrapping a little outside of PL and by the end of the year I had a bunch of new scrapping projects going. Now I'm really enjoying non-pocket pages and playing with the challenges here at TLP. That has really derailed my PL pages... I was holding on for a while and then my family had big month of travel which complicated my PL pages. I need to put together a plan to get/keep caught up like you mentioned. I just haven't had to juggle regular pages and PL pages before!

Scrapping with Liz and Karen like this.
  10. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I think I'd ask myself who am I doing PL for? If it's for yourself, just take a break and come back when you feel like. If it's for your children, will they really care if two months ...two years are missing? When a hobby becomes an obligation, you don't need me to tell you the fun goes out of it. Scrapping out of guilt ain't good for Mama. Just sayin'

11. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

It seems like EVERY YEAR I start strong, I get to March / April and then fizzle... and then I do a few May pages here and there, and fall off altogether until September... then I usually do well for Sept and part of Oct... then I start to struggle to keep up again around the holidays. So I have lots of 1st quarter albums, a few 3rd quarter albums, and a handful of 4th quarter ones started but not finished... I'm such a hot mess! I figure when my kids are out of the house, I'll have TONS of time to sit still and get caught up, LOL :giggle
    Seriously though, do your best, and let the rest go. It's not the end of the world if it doesn't all get done.

12. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

I'm still working on January so maybe that will help you feel better lol! I don't think I've ever been this behind. I've got to get my act together.

tkradtke likes this.
  13. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I've run out of steam this year too. I had a scrap weekend a few weeks ago and got caught up through April but haven't done anything since then. I was just thinking this morning that I need to get going again.

As for challenges, you've probably thought of this, but most of them you can work into PL pages if you want to combine the two.

tkradtke likes this.
  14. tkradtke

I've taken a while to respond, because I really had to think about this. After much soul searching, I've decided that I do this for myself. I really, truly love PL and my books, I can't imagine not doing them. I just need a break though... or at least the ability to work on them at my own pace without guilt. So for now, I've decided to make sure I stay up to date with my diary (my little planner where I jot down what we did and what photos I have) and try to keep my photos organized so I know what I need to work with when I'm motivated.

I think what is happening is that I'm really enjoying the challenges because I'm not doing pocket pages. I just think I need a break. Maybe next year I'll make another attempt at making my PL book a combination of the two styles. I tried that last year, but wasn't comfortable enough with regular pages yet to keep up.

15. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I often find that when I feel pressured to do something, I start to resist it. I guess I don't like anyone telling me what to do -- even if it's myself! :D This is supposed to be a fun, creative outlet so definitely give yourself freedom to take a break and work on other things!

tkradtke likes this.
  16. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I am up to date with 2017, then just went through all of my creative team layouts and printed a bunch of 2016 that were done. They may not be pretty matchy matchy doubles, but the photos and journaling are there and I have called it done. Life sweeps by at such a rate - do what makes you happy!

tkradtke likes this.
  17. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

I have to go back and do 3 weeks from 2017.
    And then I have a whole list of weeks that I slacked on in 2016...

I'm actually quite proud of staying on top of things this year. (well, kind of...)

tkradtke likes this.
  18. tkradtke

Yup! That's me too! :-)

I think the constant pressure of PL (this is year 5 for me) is finally getting to me. Fifth year of always feeling the need to get caught up... I did good for 4.75 years! lol! I have other projects going, but if I take a break from them, I'm just taking a break... no new photos get added to that particular project. You just stop working on it and when you pick it back up, you still have the same amount left to go. When you take a break from PL, you just get further and further behind. That is what is weighing on me at the moment.

I'm just a few pages away from being ready to print my first book of 2017, so maybe a fresh start with book 2 will help too.

19. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I have 3/4 of January done, all of February & March, and then nothing since. I haven't taken as many photos this year and haven't felt like scrapping much, either, so I'm trying to balance 'giving myself a break' vs. 'allowing things to get out of control.'

I really like the idea of PL but am terrible at executing it.

20. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I do understand as this is Year 7 for me. I know 2017 is NOT going to be in a D ring binder though that seemed a great idea in year 1. Easy to slip in with travel weeks etc etc but just too many fat albums now.