Just a couple more hours!!

Discussion in 'MOC 2023 - Coming Home' started by mrs2a50, Dec 31, 2022.

1. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Super excited for the launch of MOC 2023 - Coming Home! :circlesTell us about yourself; your MOC experience; your MOC goals. What does "Coming Home" mean to you?

I've "done" MOC since it's inception 11 years ago. Laura and I had a phone call, and we said, "What if we did a challenge a day for the month of January? What does that look like? Can we pull that off?" 11 years later, here we are - we're making some big changes, but the heart of it is still the same.

My goal for this year's MOC is to scrap from my heart; it's about quality not quantity. I want every challenge I complete to mean something to me.

And "Coming Home." *sigh* This holds so much meaning for me. I miss scrapping. It's taken a back seat to so many other things. Everything, really. I don't scrap to document; I scrap as a creative outlet. So I hope this year is an opportunity for expression and release.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2022
  2. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

anxiously awaiting to see the first challenge; excited to see what is coming this year and perhaps finding some new ways to express myself through this wonderful creative outlet. I have participated in MOC for a few years now and love how it stretches me to explore every year.

Vrielinkie and easyeyes4you like this.
  3. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I'm excited too! I have been doing MOC for a few years and love it every year. This year will be different for me because I will be hosting and commenting more than scrapping. I look forward to seeing the gallery fill up super fast!

Vrielinkie likes this.
  4. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Anyone who has seen my status updates knows I'm looking forward to MOC. As you can see from my siggy, I've been doing it for a while. :D It's one of my favorite things. I'm kind of literal so coming home just means returning to my house :lol but I'm curious to see what it means for this MOC. :yippeeFifty more minutes until January 1!

Karen and Vrielinkie like this.
  5. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

I've participated and completed the MOC for the last seven years ever since I joined here at TLP. I'm excited to see what this year's challenges will be. My first goal is to complete each one. My second goal is to try new things but also stay true to my own style of scrapping.

This has been a busy and stressful year for me. Coming home will mean coming back to an activity I love, taking time to play with the challenges and my kits, and having fun.

Vrielinkie likes this.
  6. Marilyn

Marilyn Well-Known Member

I can't wait for this to start. :) Thank you for hosting this for all of us. I cannot even imagine how much work this is for you all. My first MOC was 2018, so this is my 6th year of doing this and completing all 31 days each year. Love the title Coming Home - right where I like to be. Even though participating can be stressful at times, it still makes my heart go pitter-patter when January 1 comes around. The anticipation each morning in January is palpable for me! I can't wait for each challenge and the inspiration following it. Have fun everyone and good luck on the fabulous prizes to be awarded.

Vrielinkie likes this.
  7. Mingo08

Mingo08 Ctrl+Z is my friend

I enjoyed MOC last year and really poured a lot of personal stuff into my layouts. I'm hoping that it will be equally helpful for me this year to do some catch-up on topics and things that are floating about in my head and needs to be creatively expressed.

My biggest hurdle is that we normally travel on the 1st, but this year it's the 3rd and 4th. And our daughter is visiting (for the first time in 4.5 years - its a BIG deal with a lot of story.) So until she heads home on the 8th, I have to put her first. But *then* I'll have her visit to scrap, too! :heartslub

Vrielinkie likes this.
  8. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

scared. excited , about every emotion there is

Vrielinkie likes this.
  9. bjthomas

bjthomas We will rock you!

I have participated in MOC since year 2, I believe. There was one year that I didn't complete all 31 challenges. I have loved every aspect of MOC - even when it pushed me out of my comfort zone. I have learned so much and am so happy at how my digiscrapping has evolved - majority of thanks to the challenges during MOC.

I am grateful that there will be some changes this year in MOC - it gives me the freedom to not complete every challenge if I'm not able to. My husband and I will be moving from the US to Thailand right smack in the middle of January - with a visit to see our kids one more time before we leave, a quick decompression "vacation" after we arrive, and a retreat with our new church family near the end of the month! Phew! But, I've had other life "interruptions" during other years and I have found the daily challenge of MOC to actually be therapeutic - a chance to sit down and stop for a minute (or hour...) each day. My goal is to complete each challenge, but I am grateful for more flexibility this year to not get them all done if I'm not able to :)

"Coming Home" holds great significance to me this year. In one sense, our move to Thailand is a "Coming Home" for me, as I was born in Thailand and lived in Southeast Asia until I turned 18. In another sense, "Home" is going to mean something totally different as we will be moving 1/2 a world away from our 2 adult kids. For the first time, neither one will be living in the same residence as us - we will be true Empty Nesters! During the month of January, we will be apartment hunting, looking for a new home for just the 2 of us - in a city that is larger than anywhere we have ever lived as a couple. We will be moving out of the natural beauty of Big Sky Montana and into the oh-so-populated and crowded city of Bangkok. We are excited about this move, but know that there will be some major changes.

Can't wait to launch 2023! Happy New Year!!!

Genniejoy, Vrielinkie and bestcee like this.
  10. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

I'm excited to be coming home to scrapping, and TLP, after a pretty awful period of not-scrapping last year. I'm really hopeful that I will re-discover my love of our art form and the joy of creativity. Thanks so much to all the Pollys for their amazing behind the scenes work..... you are all rock stars xx

Karen and Vrielinkie like this.
  11. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

This will be my first MOC. A bit scary, a bit exciting. Not sure what I've gotten myself into.

Coming home for me? I guess, feeling happy and comfortable with being me.

Vrielinkie likes this.
  12. CathQuillScrap

CathQuillScrap I suspect foul play...

Super excited to dive into my fourth MOC... loved the last few and can't wait to record memories and learn new techniques

13. Vrielinkie

Vrielinkie Rub-a-Dub-Dub

I've done 7 MOC's so far, I am soooo excited. The theme can mean so much things I already like just reading about everyone's interpretations! I am not a big fan of journaling, BUT each year when I get pushed to by MOC I really love what I end up scrapping and journaling about. So this is an awesome way to start the new year. Let's get scrapping!! :circles

14. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

bless you

amandac likes this.
  15. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I think this is going to be my 6th MOC. I can't believe I've been hanging out at the pad for that long already - wow. I'm really looking forward to it. Challenges help me focus on creating, giving me the inspiration I need amidst the madness/stress of life.

bestcee likes this.
  16. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I am so excited for another awesome year of MOC and thrilled with the changes made to this year's "Coming Home" theme! To me that means turning off all of the outside world for a few minutes and just enjoying digital scrapbooking like I did when I first discovered it. Learning new techniques and trying new styles just because it's fun! :D

As for MOC, I've done them all so far! I remember when Julie and Laura cooked up this idea and I thought they were bonkers! :giggle I had no idea how much I would love kicking off my new year with a burst of creativity and getting at least 31 pages for my memory keeping too!

17. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I am excited as well. I have done MOC since inception as well :) Looking forward to completing this year too.. it always makes January fly by! Thanks TLP for putting this event on every year!!!

18. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Oh, we definitely were!

bestcee, amandac, Karen and 1 other person like this.
  19. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

The month after the holidays was always a quiet time, a boring month. When I worked, January meant the beginning of a long stretch before the next holiday which would give me an extra day off work. I dreaded January. Then MOC started and although I almost never completed all challenges but I was engaged, I was scrapping, chatting, eagerly getting up each morning to see what the daily challenge was. That changed my outlook on boring January :)

Then I became part of the CT team and it was fun to be behind the scenes, helping out with MOC, having my own challenge to host.

Boring January became fun time January!

ninigoesdigi likes this.
  20. jenny

jenny jenny

Coming Home for me is a return to this wonderfully creative outlet I've missed incredibly over the last few years. The Lilypad has been home for me since 2011, here in the forum but I was buying from the store before then. For a long while I was a part of several creative teams, some are gone now and some are still here :heartlub

Life has been full of changes. A major move due to my husband relocating for his work. A change of career for myself. Hubby was quite ill for more than a year, and the list goes on. Scrapbooking unintentionally was placed on the backburner as I really didn't have any time. Fast forward to now, hubby is on the mend, we are happily settled in our new city and home, and I am working exclusively from home. I've come to realize I need this outlet. To document our life and to have a creative outlet.

I completed the first MOC and loved each and every layout that resulted from the challenges. My goal is to complete this one even if I'm late in doing so! I worry I've lost the my way around Photoshop etc. I kind of feel like I'm stuck in 2016/2017 :giggle

Coming Home has inspired me and has given me the push to start again.

ninigoesdigi likes this.