June Take Two Challenge

Discussion in 'June 2015 Challenges' started by mrs2a50, May 24, 2015.

1. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Hey there Pad Scrappers! I'm here with a new challenge for you this month - the Take Two challenge. It's a second chance to do something different to an already existing page. I know you all have pages you've scrapped in the past that worked well at the time, but when you look back on them, they're maybe not quite one of your favorites. Or maybe you've learned a new technique, and you have a perfect photo you'd like to try it on, only you've already scrapped that photo. Well, now's your chance to re-do that page!

Go through your gallery, and choose a page or photo you want to re-do. Re-scrap it, and the post both the before and after pages here in this thread. Your new page should clearly look different than your first (you should do more than just add an element or two to your page, or only change your journaling) - really change up the page!

For my Take Two, I found this page from January, 2010. I love this photo of Aspen, but I was never really wild about the page, and it doesn't have any journaling or say anything about her:

[​IMG]

So I rescrapped the photo, and shared her story:

[​IMG]

Now for the rest of the rules: Your page must contain at least 75% of Lilypad product. You should post your layout in this thread, as well as in the June Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked! And of course, your page should be posted in the Lilypad Gallery so we can leave lots of love!

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete all 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a guest spot on the Lilypad Creative Team! The first six challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the seventh challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

I'm so excited to see how you guys re-do an old page!!

2. gybogi

gybogi Giddiyup!

this will be a hard one for me because I do not rescrap my pages normally... but who knows.. :)

3. amandajane

amandajane amandajane

Great challenge Julie!

4. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I'm quiet sure I have mentioned this before..... but as much as you say (or at least used to say) that you didn't really like doing journaling...... everything I see from you is so well done and adds so much to the page.... you know I admire the aesthetics of your pages, you are my most fav blank space person....but the journaling takes the page to a whole new level...gorgeous re take on the page, amazing all together :) love your word talent - and yes, great challenge [​IMG]

5. tw1717

tw1717 Pretty in Pink

Here is my page that I chose to redo:

[​IMG]

Here is the page I re-did (I could not find a Take Two Challenge in the gallery to post in)
    [​IMG]

6. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

i do not redo pages either so this will be a tough one for me

7. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

Great challenge !

8. amandajane

amandajane amandajane

There is no gallery for this challenge.

9. amandajane

amandajane amandajane

Here is my layout I chose to redo from way back in 2007, it's way too bright for my style now.

[​IMG]

and here is my new layout

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  10. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

don't know how made text path, let alone modify it.. dinner tonight

[​IMG]

redo

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  11. scrapolina

scrapolina Next stop: Crete

This will be my redo. i really wasnt very happy with this one so happy to have the a do over!
    [​IMG]

And here is my redo!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  12. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

The new galleries are active this morning, so feel free to add your pages to them! :)

13. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

These are really fun everyone!

14. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Here is my original page done over two years ago.
    [​IMG]
    I use more brushes, clusters and blending now. Here is my new page.
    [​IMG]

15. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

I'd like to officially go on the record as begging and pleading for this not to be a monthly thing. I have way too many things I haven't scrapped yet to be redoing old ones all the time!

Old:
    [​IMG]

New:
    [​IMG]

16. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I'm sorry this challenge isn't one of your favorites. It will be part of our rotating challenges, but future months may include different twists on how you re-do an old page, depending on the host's goal for the challenge. I hope that will help, but remember these are supposed to be challenging, and we try to include a variety so that they appeal to everyone

17. shaynesgirl

shaynesgirl All I need is a pink Corvette!

My original layout:
    [​IMG]

Revised layout using Sara's Giggle Snort:
    [​IMG]

18. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

I agree with lorry. I have lots of photos I want to scrap and don't get to rather than redoing an ok page. Also I feel like whatever the page looked like when I made it is a piece of what my art skills were at the time and prefer to mark that time and not try to make a layout " better".

19. corrin

corrin Darjeeling with Lizzie

I don't have too many pages in the gallery here yet, but my kids had such fun with the don't eat Pete game, so I decided to re-do this one
    [​IMG]

and after a great day out at a farm where we saw all these animals, I did it with a farm theme! I hope that this counts, it is the same idea, just new elements (since neither have any photos!), but if it doesn't meet the requirements then just let me know and I'll remove it, thanks!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  20. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I have picked this one to re-do.... (will be back with the redone version)
    fireworks_edited-2.jpg

redone:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015