June Journaling Challenge

Discussion in 'June 2022 Challenges' started by StefanieS, May 27, 2022.

1. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

First of all - thank you for this challenge! Made me realize I really really really need to journal more. There's so much going on in my head, I really should write more down on my layouts.

Here's my layout:
    [​IMG]

Translation of the journaling:
    2018/2019 I lost 17 kilos (37,5 lbs) with the help of WeightWatchers. I think I was a bit shocked, cuz I had never believed I was able to lose weight. It was amazing. I didn't have heartburn anymore, and my high blood pressure was gone. The clothes fit better, and I wasn't as bothered by hot weather. In February 2020, it was time to quit WeightWatchers and manage on my own. To begin with, it all went well, but we all remember what happened in March/April. Tests weren't easily available in the beginning of the pandemic, but most likely, we had Covid in March 2020. I wasn't that sick, just a slight cough for 2-3 days, but Urban was worse. He was coughing for about 5 weeks. I was so worried, and returned to old habits, comfort eating. Covid effected my taste, and the only taste I really felt were salt and fat. The stamina I had gained was all gone. It took about 8 months for my taste to get back to normal, and the stamina isn't back even yet. But, the kilos came back. We did an attempt with WeightWatchers again in the spring of 2021, but I had gotten into menopause, and the weight just didn't come off as easy. And to be completely honest, I wasn't properly motivated. But now we felt it was time. I signed up for WeightWatchers' newsletter, and said I'd join again as soon as there was a good offer. Two days later, the e-mail arrived. It was 50 years to the day, that WeightWatchers was launched in Sweden, and if you joined on that day, you would only have på pay 100 SEK (about US $9.85) per month for the rest of the year. So ... now I have 7 months of weight watching waiting for me. I'm not expecting to get at thin as I am on this photo, but I hope to lose at least 6-7 kilos (13-15 lbs) so that I won't have problems with heartburn anymore, and that I will be able to wear those ridiculously expensive bras, that I bought when I was thin, again. It's really insane that you can't stay healthy without an app! On the other hand, I guess I should be happy that I live in a country, where I am fortunate enough to have to pay money to be able to eat less.

2. Claire Grantham

Claire Grantham Pollywog

I used Harting as my font

[​IMG]

And here is my journaling - I am pretty much cool with getting older. It is after all inevitable. Also there are a lot of benefits to being older (more money, more self-aware, better life skills..). I try and do my best to take care of my body and my pre-diabetes struggle means I have to eat well. But with all the tablets, diet restrictions, etc I fluctuate between feeling Aged to Perfection or feeling Over the Hill. It is interesting the difference between 30 to 40 and 40 to 50. I am learning so much about my body and my mind in the last 15months of my 40s.

3. easyeyes4you

easyeyes4you Well-Known Member

Here is mine... this is going into my album for the year 2021, thus there are 2 references to the album in my journaling.....

Font is Mom's Typewriter

We basically do not get snow where I live in N. CA. So I watched with fascination as the snow began to fall on Feb. 13... Always a Photo moment. I really gave no other thought to it, until the Gazebo began to collapse under the weight of it... It had a canvas top and I had not removed it as usual, because I was going to replace it come Spring. Well by morning it was all a crumpled pile on the ground. Had to pay to have it removed, and then started to shop for a replacement as it got warmer. Then my Alaskan sons said, hey Mom... We are going to buy you a new Gazebo and come down and install it for you!!!!!! They said they wanted me to have a metal roofed one... I don’t think they understood the cost of what they had committed themselves to... I shopped at Big Lots and found one I liked for half of Costco’s price.... In the end Julia came on board and I did too and we split the cost between the 4 of us... and the first week of June they flew down to build it!!! The following pages show that visit and the collapsed Gazebo is documented way back in February in this album.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
  4. AmandaJ

AmandaJ Adagio, or Allegro? I can't decide.

5. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

[​IMG]

Traveling typewriter

6. Smwhite

Smwhite Well-Known Member

7. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

8. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

9. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member