June All About You Challenge

Discussion in 'June 2015 Challenges' started by MandaKay, May 26, 2015.

1. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

I am so excited to bring you a new All About Me challenge this month, with the new challenges we have this month! I know it is sometimes hard to do scrapbook pages about ourselves, but I really believe that these kind of LO's could be some of the most valued pages to our loved ones years from now! In this day and age, selfies are so common, and I dare bet many of you have snapped a selfie of yourself in one way or another! This month's challenge is to scrap a page using at least 5 pictures of yourself. You can take the pictures yourself or have other people take them, and you don't have to take pictures of your face in each one either (although as an extra part of the challenge, I would urge you to at least include one picture of your beautiful faces!) Here is a little list of ideas for you!

At work
    In a favorite location
    With your favorite food
    Full body shot
    A silhouette
    With a loved one
    Doing a hobby
    Your feet, hands, favorite body feature
    Doing something unpleasant
    Birthmark or tattoo
    Trying something new
    Classic Selfie
    Mirror shot
    Your signature/handwriting/Doodling
    In the car
    In your favorite shirt/outfit
    On your birthday

So, create a LO using at least 5 photos (can use more) that each have you in them in some way, shape, or form! And don't be afraid to tell the “reader” what makes you unique!

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

The rest of the rules:
    Your page must contain at least 75% of Lilypad product. You should post your layout in this thread, as well as in the June Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked! And of course, your page should be posted in the Lilypad Gallery so we can leave lots of love!

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete all 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a guest spot on the Lilypad Creative Team! The first six challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the seventh challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  2. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

wOw to the number 5..... funny, a year ago I would have been jumping of joy with 5 pics -though not so sure you really wanna see 5 of me :giggle
    I'll try find something suitable.... :heartlub

edit to add: LOVE your page and you just gave me a great idea- amazing photos, love the nail varnish one!!!!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  3. sushimommy

sushimommy Could you point me to the helipad?

fun challenge - can the photos be a mixture of current & past? or do they all need to be current?

4. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

A real challenge, but I'm sure it will be fun

5. tw1717

tw1717 Pretty in Pink

Here is my take (couldn't find a category in the Gallery to post this)
    [​IMG]

6. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

couldn't do me today, but did me, in a moment in time i was really happy

[​IMG]

7. MandaKay

current or past photos Danielle - either is fine - of course can't hurt to get a couple updated ones to make it more challenging! :)

8. MlleTerraMoka

MlleTerraMoka Well-Known Member

9. MiekSter

MiekSter We only regret the chances we didn't take

10. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

Hmm I think the last time I appeared in more than just a couple of pics was my wedding/honeymoon (over 25 years ago!).

11. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

it's not quite about Me today, but more of something special about me in general, I put together the photos from the Octobers of the last decade. I hope it's okay, if not and you want something fresher ;) Please, let me know, I bet I could do something in a couple of weeks time with the Birthday pics, as I will be turning 40 mid June...
    And I couldn't stop at one, so I did a double spread, or at least two pages that were made to go together:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

12. scrapolina

scrapolina Next stop: Crete

Thanks for hosting this challenge. I was groaning when it said 5 pictures about you but it wasnt so bad :-)
    [​IMG]

13. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

here I am...all very recent photos as well :)

[​IMG]

14. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Ok, I have to plan this one, I don't think I have 5 pics of me that all go together.

15. MandaKay

I am glad this is a bit more challenging girls...but like I said...it is so important to put yourself in some photos/LOs!!! And just remember - the photos do not have to be of your face or whole body....get creative with those pictures and snap some shots this month of different angles and perspective!!! So far these LOs look great!!!

16. silent ranks

silent ranks Don't forget to turn back around

17. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

Thank you for this challenge! It was SOOO hard, but I'm really happy with the page that came out of it!

[​IMG]

18. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

19. Alegna

Alegna Well-Known Member

20. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

I have deleted my post because it was in the wrong place, it should have been in the do over challenge,
    Sorry Amanda

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015