JULY-Week 1-HE♥ART at HOME-challenge AJ

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by AnneofAlamo, Jul 5, 2013.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Welcome to the July Art Journaling Chat and Challenge!

I am so thrilled to announce this months sponsor as

The YaYeahs!
    [​IMG]
    These two talented ladies, Christine and Aja create wonderful designs that are perfect for art journaling too!
    Ya Yeah Designs is the artistic vision of creative duo Aja Abney and Christine Honsinger.
    With a focus on imaginative elements, whimsical color choices and hand-made, hand-drawn art, Ya Yeah create scrapbooking kits that help you tell your stories, one page at a time!

I love their blog too! See it HERE

They describe their designs as digital trinkets for creative storytelling! Is not exactly what we do?

If you want a free taste of their style, go to their facebook page

and LIKE them (that is easy) and then look for the Free Gift button.

They are guesting here at the-Lily Pad and are such a perfect fit, I hope you enjoy them too!

They will be providing a participation gift to all that complete the months challenge, and a Gift Certificate to one lucky randomly generated participant that also has completed the 4 challenges.

Now, the challenge!

First off, did I tell you all that I will not be here next week, but chat will? Dear Dalis, a friend and comrade of art journaling will be stepping in for me. She is fantastic, has the gift of gab and laughter and will keep you entertained and explain the 2nd weeks challenge! So, please, please, be kind to her, and encourage her and the bosses of the applesauce to make her a permanent POLLY!

Did everyone in America have a good 4th of July...
    I guess even if you are not in America you do have July 4th!
    But it was our countries birthday! Fireworks, food and no work!

This months challenge is the brainstorm of a woman I greatly admire as an artist in the art journal world. Her name is Edeena, and you may know her as naughtsncrosses. She put this together, really, and has great inspiration for us.

The title for the challenge:

Home is where the HE♥Art is! Heart and Art, kinda play on words! Get it? Yeah I take advantage of words whenever possible!

So, we are going to be building houses some of the weeks,and doing something else to completely throw us into creativity and happy on the others. Keeping you on your toes is part of the challenge!

This week, we begin with A house.
    But not just any house, an alter house that represents your childhood home.

Edeena made these cool example for you to choose from. Pick one of the houses if you want:
    [​IMG]
    You can save the image and cut out, or make your own house template.

I just made an arrow and had it pointed it up and it was the perfect template for me.
    The shape should be like a house! A triagle on top of a square or rectangle.
    Here is my representation of the house I grew up in:
    [​IMG]
    and here is dear Edeena's masterpiece:
    [​IMG]

You can make it as big or little as you want, but NO, please, I repeat, NO background!
    I am getting tough! Bhwaahha...the house is the challenge, and you MAY need this house in the weeks to come.

These don't have to be literal houses - you don't need to go cutting up photos to find doorknobs, doors, windows, etc unless you want to. These can be emotional representations. They can be photographic memories. They can be anything you'd like, as long as they represent this stage of your home, YOUR Childhood home.

Trawl through your TLP stash - remember, you need to keep your journaling pieces compliant with the gallery rules:

[​IMG]

Everyone who completes the 4 in one challenge will receive a gift from the lovely YaYeahs! this month!All entries are to be completed by July 31rd, 2013, midnight EDT. Please post your Entries in the Art Journaling gallery HERE

and to make prize handouts easier for me, I have made a
    thread for your page parts also right here. I will use that thread to keep track of those that complete in order to send the participation prize and to RaNDom Generate a number for the big winner of gift certificate!

If you have any questions, pop them here, I will check it often and try to help, encourage and smile!

2. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

Cool...sounds fun! And maybe I'll use the Ya Yeah freebie.

3. amandascraps

amandascraps New Member

love this idea! So mad I missed the chat grrrrr

4. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

oh my dear Anne!! this is going to be interesting...a lot more difficult - for me - than the skinnies, but I must try, for sure!!!

5. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

Finished mine. The first one I did was a little more snarkey...relieving angst. But, I think this one is better:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  6. AnneofAlamo

Oh yes Linda I love it would love to see your snarky one too

7. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

If you can't get your snark and angst out in your AJ, then where can you? ;)

8. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

This was so much fun!!

[​IMG]

I made 5 floors since our apartment was on the 5th floor, and I filled them with the things I loved as a child: stuffed toys; books; Barbies; my favorite fairy tale (little Red Riding Hood); dolls.

9. purlz76

purlz76 Ags

FINALLY !!!! I have the chance to use YaYeah's Travel Japan kit !!!!! :woot :yippee :happydance2 :fairydance

[​IMG]

10. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Everyone has done a great job! I did a template of my house and then filled it in.. not the most colorful but it is the house :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  11. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

Here is mine. My childhood home was always filled with creative chaos (lol as is my current home).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  12. Hanazana1

Hanazana1 Shhhhh!

Ok, please be kind cause this is my first project like this. I just can´t stand up :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  13. grrfluudy

grrfluudy This? Oh it's just my million dollar pen.

Ok...mine is totally different from everyone elses...I think I misunderstood...This challenge was really hard. Maybe I made it harder than it had to be! When you said no background I took it to mean no background at all! That's what I get for not looking at the samples again. Oh well. Here it is...
    [​IMG]

14. purlz76

purlz76 Ags

Johanna if this represents your Childhood home, then you're on the right track.

15. omuli

omuli La!La!La! I can't heaaar you!

My childhood home was very feminine since it was just my Mom and I. we had lots of orange and brown in our home :)

[​IMG]

16. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

17. violaine

violaine Well-Known Member

With delays due to holiday!

[​IMG]

18. AnneofAlamo

Pure awe ladies! enjoying the works in the gallery! I am just buzzing about this!

19. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

finally, am here...funnily enough, I had this done quiet a while ago as soon as I saw the temps from Edeena, I had not seen/read that was possible to get out of the shape lines...so mine is quiet modest compared to these amazing creations here.... but represents enough :)
    [​IMG]

20. Brandy

Brandy I love, well, everything

I love this challenge. I don't have a printer yet *high on my do buy list ha!* but I'm going to be keeping an eye on these cause they look like a lot of fun!