July Photography Challenge

Discussion in 'July 2018 Challenges' started by lcpereyra, Jun 29, 2018.

1. lcpereyra

lcpereyra You won't believe my blue streak!

Hello everyone and welcome to the July photography challenge! I completely love this time of year in the northeast US! After a *really* long, cold spring, the days are finally warming up and the landscape is looking oh so pretty! I love being outside, enjoying nature & getting dirt on my hands and I especially love seeing the fruits of my hard work as the plants and flowers start doing their thing. :) And I really love capturing the flower blooms, and the outside world in general, on my camera.

So this month's photography challenge is to take some pictures of nature & scrap them.

Here are some of my photos of the flowers blooming in my yard this month. All of these were taken with my iPhone and I used them on my layout that I created with Paislee Press' Dwell kit, Paislee Press' Travelouge No. 1 templates, and an element from Paislee Press' Backyard BBQ kit (the cork summer element).

natureweb.jpg

I hope you have some time this month get outside and enjoy photographing the nature around you. Maybe it will be your nature therapy too. :) I can't wait to see your layouts!

As always, please remember the monthly challenge rules:
    Your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the July Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate from the Lilypad! The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  2. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

in July all our nature in Texas is dead from the heat! hahah. I'll find something.

Beckie, Genniejoy, cinna and 3 others like this.
  3. melidy

melidy Well-Known Member

Question. Are you the pictures to be solely of nature like your example or could it be say children exploring nature / Dogs walks etc?

4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Love your beautiful flower pictures @lcpereyra!

lcpereyra likes this.
  5. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Thank you for the challenge ...

[​IMG]

RJMJ likes this.
  6. lcpereyra

The primary focal point should be Nature, but there can be other subjects in the photo as well.

melidy likes this.
  7. melidy

melidy Well-Known Member

Great, thanks for clarifying.

8. Carol K.

Carol K. Well-Known Member

9. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

Does “nature” mean just landscapes/foliage, or can it be interpreted to be bugs, the sky, or weather? Like Jlynn said, our Texas heat makes everything around dead and brown. Thanks!

10. lcpereyra

Nature is anything outdoors from mother nature - the natural world around us - which certainly includes bugs, sky, clouds, birds, sunsets, sunrises, weather, rocks, ponds, rivers, deserts, fields, forests, beaches, landscapes, plants, fungi, grasses, logs, tumbleweed, etc. The natural world around us should be the focus of the photo. Macro photography can be used to get the details of the environment or wide angle photos can be used to show a completely different perspective and sweeping view of the setting. The primary goal of the photography challenge is to pull out a camera and practice shooting images related to a theme and then have fun scrapping your new photo. :)

jenn mccabe and londoncuppa like this.
  11. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Nature Photos Are The Best Kind Of Photos...I Scrap A Lot Of Nature Inspired Layouts...My Theme For This Layout Is Dandelions...I'm Not Sure Why But I Love Photos Of Dandelions...I'm Not Sure If It's Their Fluffy White Tops Or The Fact That They're Basically See-Through & You Can Use Them For Wishes & Dreams...I Really Think That's My Actual Favorite Part...So Dream Big & Wish Lots...

*For My Dandelion Dream Layout-I Used*

*Snapshots-Allison Pennington
    *Snapshots-The Paisley Press
    *Snapshots-Little Butterfly Wings
    *Full O' Blarney-Etc By Danyale
    *Book Lover-Kristin Aagard

[​IMG]

busywoman139 and jenn mccabe like this.
  12. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

13. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

14. Smwhite

Smwhite Well-Known Member

15. Meibritt

Meibritt CT - Kate Hadfield

16. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Took some pictures today while we were doing some yard work.
    [​IMG]

17. MrsEm

MrsEm Well-Known Member

I had JUST the photo for this one! Thank you.

[​IMG]

RJMJ likes this.
  18. Vrielinkie

Vrielinkie Rub-a-Dub-Dub

Great chance to play with my new camera :banana
    [​IMG]

RJMJ likes this.
  19. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

20. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥