July Journaling Challenge

Discussion in 'July 2018 Challenges' started by cfile, Jun 27, 2018.

1. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Thank you for the challenge Christa

[​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

@vixen @marijke @Tree City I am so glad you all enjoyed! I loved reading your journaling and seeing your pages. Thank you so much for playing along with the challenge!

Tree City and marijke like this.
  3. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

[​IMG]
    "Pretty much everything Hawaiian reminds me of my family who have passed. My mom’s parents (above) loved vacationing in Hawaii. My dad was born in Maui while my grandpa was stationed there. They both wore Hawaiian shirts most of their lives. My friend DeDe loved Hawaii. Her wedding song was Blue Hawaii by Elvis. Her home was captain & mermaid themed. At one point, there was something in every room of our home that was given by her. She even brought me a coconut monkey. I named him Cedric, I still have him. Thinking of them doesn’t make me sad. The pineapple is the welcome symbol & those memories of my loved ones are so welcome."

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    wvsandy and cfile like this.
  4. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

5. Tanyia

Tanyia Active Member

Thank you for the challenge. My Nana was a special lady who instilled in me a love of plants and nature among other things :)

[​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  6. gwany1999

gwany1999 Worst Cooks in America - I watch it, I live it

7. MariSt

MariSt Well-Known Member

8. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Wonderful Challenge Especially During The Summer Months...I Really Think A Lot People Get Nostalgic In The Summertime(Maybe It's The Heat Frying Our Brains...)...But Seriously,We All Tend To Look Back At Our Lives & Our Memories Over The Years & All That "Summer Nostalgia" Seems To Do This For A Lot Of Us...I'm No Exception...I Think About Things That Remind Me Of Other Things All The Time But This Story Was Personal...A Few Weeks Back We(The Family,Me,My Boyfriend,My Sister,Her Husband,Her Corgi,My Brother) All Went Over To Visit My Dad & His Wife For A Belated Father's Day Supper Etc...It Was Warm Outside & After Supper We All Got To Talking About The "Good Old" Days When My Mind Wandered Off To A Time When I Was Very Young & My Dad Had A Small Veggie Garden In the Backyard...He Took Great Care With His Little Garden Of A Few Veggies(You Can Read That In My Layout)...But It Was Pretty Much Love At First Site When I Saw Those Large Red Tomatoes...I Became Obsessed With Tomatoes & Found Ways To Incorporate Then Into As Many Meals As Possible Or Just Straight Out Of The Fridge...I'm Still Obsessed With Tomatoes & Eat Them Almost Everyday...Yummy!...Wonder If Dad's Garden Had Anything To Do With This Lifelong Obsession?...It Certainly Is Food For Thought...Isn't It?...

*For My Garden Tomatoes Layout-I Used*

*Veggie Garden & Tiptoe Through The Garden-Both Kits By Kristin Aagard

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    cfile likes this.
  9. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

[​IMG]
    Thank you for the challenge. The objects that triggered that memory were the photos themselves.

cfile likes this.
  10. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

One of these days I'll find the photo of our holiday meals round the pingpong table, but just not this month!

[​IMG]

wvsandy and cfile like this.
  11. Vrielinkie

Vrielinkie Rub-a-Dub-Dub

I saved these side-to-side pictures for a "Then and Now" - page. So I immediately thought of this LO for the challenge. Awesome, thanks!
    [​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  12. DisneyMom

DisneyMom official mousketeer

I always get asked why my bowling balls say Tony. It's even been joked around at our regular league that I use grandpa balls.

My grandpa was a very special person in my life, we shared a love for bowling. When he passed away, he left his bowling balls (and all his trophies/awards, and other bowling stuff to me). This is a sport my husband also grew up playing and now we enjoy it together as a whole family.

[​IMG]

cfile and wvsandy like this.
  13. Genniejoy

Genniejoy Well-Known Member

I had intended to scrap something else for this challenge. But as I sat in the funeral of my friend yesterday and thought about our 32 year old friendship, I remembered these two photos bottom left and came home determined to find them. Thankfully I did and posted them with a tribute on Facebook. But then I really wanted to scrapbook them and say how these photos reminded me of the special friend that John was. This challenge was the perfect fit. Thanks for your help in my scrapbooking and journalling something so special to me. :)

[​IMG]
    https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/july-2018-journaling-challenge.356008/

cfile and wvsandy like this.
  14. Justagirl

Justagirl Courageously dancing in the rain

Thanks for such a fun trip down memory lane @cfile x
    [​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  15. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

@Justagirl Thanks Em for joining in on the challenge.. Your page is fabulous! So glad you enjoyed!

16. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

17. TeaWithLemon

TeaWithLemon Well-Known Member

18. dbregant

dbregant Well-Known Member

I LOVED this challenge! Thanks for a great prompt!
    [​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  19. burnbright

burnbright Active Member

Here is my page about Fanta.
    [​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  20. disneysheryl65

disneysheryl65 Snoring in perfect pitch

Fun challenge - thank you! This ride brings up all kinds of nostalgia for me and I would venture to guess millions of others!

[​IMG]

cfile likes this.