July Inspiration Challenge

Discussion in 'July 2018 Challenges' started by Serena, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Serena

Serena Squishy soul poet who loves Walter Hunt

Sometimes I look at the pages in our gallery and they're beautiful, the photos are amazing, the moment seems wonderful or it's a random place... but there's nothing on there. It's a mystery page. I always try to make my pages something my kids can pick up the book and go "OOOoOooOOH!" and understand WHY that page is there. WHY I made that page, WHY I chose that moment. So I want to have us create at least one perfectly clear page, even if it's the only one we ever do.

Earnest Hemingway was challenged to write a complete story using only six words. He succeeded using

"For sale: baby shoes, never worn."

Other examples have been: "I asked. You answered with silence." "Tripped over luck, stumbled upon tragedy."

and more towards the better end: "She became the world's happiest woman." "What socks? My dog's tail said." "Oh how you make me smile." and a personal favorite: "They were wrong. Love did win."

The whole story that tells is succinct and very stark in it's emotions. Six words create a flood of emotions. In our journey as memory keepers, scrapping to keep a moment, a thought, an emotion, a piece of time frozen forever, this is a powerful tool.

How many times have we looked at the page where we've created this gorgeous background and even have a few photos on there, but the emotion or memory seems too big to describe? In that instance, I have, more than once, simply put on a title or just left it as photos on a page, sure that I could never do it justice.

I'd like to challenge us all to try and capture and convey what made us choose that page. WHY those photos? WHY this moment? WHY did we take those photos in the first place? Were we happy? Were we wanting to remember the fun outfit? Were we amused by everyone laughing at some joke or something funny someone did or said that ISN'T in the photo?

This month I'd love for you to be creative. Tell us an entire story in SIX. SIX. Pick one (or all!) Six words, six photos, six lines of journaling, any six that you wish to do, grab that idea and tell it in six somewhere on your page! You could even use six word arts if you can find some that create that perfect memory.

Here's a page using 6 photos to tell an entire story:

[​IMG]

And here's one using the six words for a "tiny title" then explaining it:

[​IMG]

To Recap: Make a page with SIX of something. 6 words, 6 photos telling the story, 6 lines of journaling to capture the emotion, or moment or 6 word arts that tell us.

Whichever you pick, take us on this journey with you for just a moment in time.

"Share with me, your beautiful life." There's six words from me to you. I can't wait to see what you come up with!!

As always, please remember the monthly challenge rules: Your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the July Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate from the Lilypad! The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  2. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

This sounds like fun. Now, to ponder my six!

Serena likes this.
  3. MiekSter

MiekSter We only regret the chances we didn't take

Great challenge! Had to look for a quote that tell's it all in a few words, it's more than 6 but I still love it.
    I've used 6 triangular shapes & 6 pink stars

[​IMG]

4. Serena

Can't wait to see what you come up with!! :D

5. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Interesting challenge, Serena. I'll have to think about this one. Love the pages, so far.

Serena likes this.
  6. Serena

Thank you, Miss Cheryl! I look forward to seeing what you create! :dance

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  7. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

OK 8 words and 3 doors, but I tried.
    [​IMG]

appellief, wvsandy, pbrooks and 2 others like this.
  8. Serena

@Janisn Hee! This one caught my eye in the gallery before I realized it was for my challenge! Thank you for trying and playing along!! I really like your layout!

9. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I love this challenge! I went with six words for my journaling/subtitle. Thanks for the inspiration!
    [​IMG]

pbrooks and Serena like this.
  10. melidy

melidy Well-Known Member

Technically it's six doors... three door frames :thumbsups

wvsandy and Serena like this.
  11. Carol K.

Carol K. Well-Known Member

Six pics.
    [​IMG]

12. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

Well at first I thought I'd just skip this one but after rereading and thinking about it, I made a fun layout -- a bit of tongue in check with the title. 6 words in the title tell the story, 6 photos and 6 lines (or items in a list) for journaling. OK!
    [​IMG]

pbrooks, Cherylndesigns and Serena like this.
  13. dbregant

dbregant Well-Known Member

I hope my 6 pictures make a little more sense with my journal spot!
    [​IMG]

14. silent ranks

silent ranks Don't forget to turn back around

6 papers, 6 word bits (right side), 6 flowers, 6 words (journaling)
    [​IMG]

15. meterr

meterr I've got ICE in my veins!

16. Serena

@umyesh Soo cute! I love that photo of them with their sweet smiles! And your 'six' ROCKS! I agree with them! hehe!

umyesh likes this.
  17. Serena

@Carol K. Thank you for playing along, nice job with the photos! Going to leave love on your page in a moment! :)

18. Serena

@flowersgal Ouch! Sorry... I guess I broke this catagory, there's not a lot of entries and I seem to have failed in my hope. But I'm really glad you tried anyway, I loved seeing your title, it made me giggle. And your layout came together nicely.

19. Serena

@dbregant It's Awesome!! I love the colors in there and am going to leave some love in just a moment, thank you SO much for playing along!! :D

20. Serena

@silent ranks oh Kate! I love that photo and you nailed ALL of it! Soo pretty! Leaving love shortly!