July 2018 - Monthly Muse - In Memory of Dawn Week #2

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by Dalis, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

We keep honoring and making a tribute in Dawn's name. She left us way too early. We could all learn something from her, from her compassion, how sweet she was, how supportive she was with everyone that needed a hand, from her relationship with her daughter, from her love to animals, colors and art. Every week we will make at least one page to commemorate one of those amazing qualities we experienced from Dawn. I understand that some of you may not have known Dawn well but these are all qualities that I think we all wish we have and/or we all wish we can express to those we love.

WEEK #2: Animals! She loved her animals and you could see it in her products, but you could truly see it in her pages she scrapped. This week I want you to have at least ONE animal in your page.

[​IMG]

You may create any style of layout (ie. clean and simple, artsy, pocket style etc.) you wish, with or without photos but for this challenge you do need an image of some sort. Create any size page you wish. This is for everyone, so have fun and see where the inspiration takes you. If you want all 4 Muses on one page that's perfectly ok or you can make 4 separate pages!! It's totally up to you! :)

Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to August 2nd and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month for a coupon!! You can use any products in The Lilypad store or retired products from current Lilypad designers, (just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines).

Trish, amandac, KarenB and 4 others like this.
  2. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

This was a no-brainer for me. We're all in mourning for Dawn, and there are some losses one never gets over. Not that one can compare a pet to a human, but in comparing pets, Zookie WAS the cat of my heart. Dawn would have loved him. He was knock-your-socks-off beautiful, and the sweetest cat I ever had.
    [​IMG]

cfile, Nemla, Carol K. and 4 others like this.
  3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Gorgeous layouts, Dalis and Shar. I know Dawn would love our "resident frog". It seems to like our lanai and is fond of hiding in my plant on the big wooden table I have out there. I have to make sure he's not in the little one before I accidently dump water on him. Haha

[​IMG]

wvsandy, mcurtt and Dalis like this.
  4. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Such a cool challenge Dalis, I will be playing for sure! Love your the pages so far and I am sure Dawn is having a little smile to herself as well! :)

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  5. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

6. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

She painted, sketch and drew the best animals! I always loved her colors!

7. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

The last three lines of the quote are especially important to me, because May-Ling was old and blind, and I held her in my arms at the end. And I STILL miss her terribly.
    [​IMG]

Dalis and mcurtt like this.
  8. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

9. Carol K.

Carol K. Well-Known Member

10. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

11. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

My ATC for week #2 -
    [​IMG]

mcurtt and Dalis like this.
  12. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I love Dawn's animals, but I think my favorite is this skunk. This little guy reminds me of Flower from Bambi as well as a skunk named Howie (one of the first animals my daughter worked with).
    [​IMG]

wvsandy and Dalis like this.
  13. Rollinchen

Rollinchen Active Member

Dalis, thank you very much!
    [​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  14. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

I was so excited to see a kit with a lemur on SOSN a few weeks ago!
    [​IMG]

wvsandy and Dalis like this.
  15. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Haven't been around much lately, but just had to take part in this for a wonderful woman that I will miss dearly.

[​IMG]

Dalis and wvsandy like this.
  16. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

mine :
    [​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  17. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Here is mine...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
    Dalis and jazzmatazz like this.
  18. jazzmatazz

jazzmatazz I am anything but run-of-the-mill ...

I think if Dawn had ever met this sweet creature, she would instantly have immortalized her in one of her kits. The llama reminds me so much of Dawn's whimsical animal drawings that I surrounded her with Dawn's wonderful animal creations to make her feel at home.

The title is a play on the Spanish and English meanings of the word, "llama." An explanation is given in the link to the gallery page (click on photo).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  19. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Gah I cried again making this page with the M3 dedicated to Dawnie ....

[​IMG]

RJMJ, Dalis and wvsandy like this.
  20. KandiB

KandiB Member

Love so many of Dawn's illustrations, it was hard to settle on a theme for this one. When my grandson was playing with his dino's yesterday and I snapped a photo, knew it would be a dino page!
    [​IMG]

Dalis likes this.