July 2018 - Monthly Muse - In Memory of Dawn Week #1

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by Dalis, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

This morning I learned about the tragic loss of not just a great designer here at the Lilypad but a great human being. I had thought of going in a complete different direction for this month's Monthly Muse but decided to change gears and dedicate this Monthly Muse to Dawn. Even though I was never part of her creative team I met her through her super sweet comments. She took her time to comment on my pages specially in the ones were you could see I was struggling and having a tough time in life, such a gentle soul to offer such compassion and understanding to other without even knowing them. We could all learn something from her, from her compassion, how sweet she was, how supportive she was with everyone that needed a hand, from her relationship with her daughter, from her love to animals, colors and art. Every week we will make at least one page to commemorate one of those amazing qualities we experienced from Dawn. I understand that some of you may not have known Dawn well but these are all qualities that I think we all wish we have and/or we all wish we can express to those we love.

WEEK #1: Bring a bouquet of flowers. Make a Bouquet of flowers for any love one, let them know you are here for them and you love them or maybe let them know they will always be with you.
    Dawn's last products are all about the garden life, so I decided that it would be appropriate to make a bouquet for a love one. This is my bouquet for Dawn.

[​IMG]

You may create any style of layout (ie. clean and simple, artsy, pocket style etc.) you wish, with or without photos but for this challenge you do need an image of some sort. Create any size page you wish. This is for everyone, so have fun and see where the inspiration takes you. If you want all 4 Muses on one page that's perfectly ok or you can make 4 separate pages!! It's totally up to you! :)

Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to August 2nd and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month for a coupon!! You can use any products in The Lilypad store or retired products from current Lilypad designers, (just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines).

2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

What a sweet tribute.

Dalis likes this.
  3. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

What a lovely idea Dalis .... will definitely be playing along!

Dalis likes this.
  4. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Oh how wonderful! I have been wanting to scrap today but just couldn't settle, my heart is just so heavy. This is exactly what I need and want to do right now. Thanks Dalis for the inspiration! xxx

Cherylndesigns and Dalis like this.
  5. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Beautiful @Dalis I made this for BYOC today with just Dawn's Botanical and thought it fit your theme Dalis. I will miss Dawn so very much. I will make another over the weekend.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    *gina*, Cherylndesigns and Dalis like this.
  6. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

7. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Oh, Dalis. :beat Just beautiful and such a wonderful idea!

Dalis likes this.
  8. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Dalis, this is a wonderful idea for the Monthly Muse. Thank you.

Dalis likes this.
  9. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

@Dalis I am so glad that you are devoting this month to a tribute to Dawn. Words cannot express how sad I am, as well I'm sure, the rest of the TLP community and digiland in general. I will definitely be participating. Thank you for this gesture.

Cherylndesigns and Dalis like this.
  10. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Love this idea Dalis.

Dalis likes this.
  11. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

I've only just recently come to TLP. Although I didn't get to know Dawn, I immediately fell in love with her art--especially her beautiful botanical transfers. So I used one here.
    [​IMG]

*gina*, Cherylndesigns and Dalis like this.
  12. Dalis

Everyone, thanks for all the bouquets. My heart has been so heavy since I heard about the news. She was always so fast to offer help or even a coupon for my art journal crazy ideas. This is the least I can do.

13. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Dalis....wonderful tribute to Dawn. I've been thinking of her constantly since I heard and am devastated. I am going to create a page in her honor. I really love the idea you've had for this month's MUSE.

Beautiful pages so far!

Dalis likes this.
  14. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

What a beautiful tribute to Dawn, Dalis. I felt like I knew her somewhat, I was immediately drawn to her art when I first came to TLP. I have more of her kits than any other designer. I am so heavy hearted to know that she'll never be here again. I bought the Freedom kit just the night before she passed away and used it in a layout. I was such a fan of hers and she was always so sweet to comment on all of my pages, where I had used her art (which were many). SO incredibly sad. I'll work on a "bouquet" for Dawn. :beat:beat The page I created for BYOC would have been perfect for her, but I didn't use any of her products on it. :(

Dalis and cfile like this.
  15. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

love your idea for this Monthly Muse Challenge.
    I will play

Dalis likes this.
  16. Dalis

You don't have to use her products, but you can if you want to create a new one!

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  17. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

Posted with a sad and heavy heart.
    [​IMG]

18. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

You are the sweetest Dalis!
    here is my layout.................
    [​IMG]

19. Psychozoe

Psychozoe Well-Known Member