*Winners Announced* Journal Card Challenge | Summer School 2021: Week 3 JOURNALISM

Discussion in 'Summer School 2021' started by A-M, Jul 5, 2021.

1. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

:happyclap
    Congratulations Winners,

The $10 prize goes to @mary kate
    The $5 prize goes to @Anthea61
    The $3 prize goes to @nfenchak

I will be in touch by conversation when I have a prize code to send each of you.
    ( update..... coupons have been sent to recipients)

Thank you to all those who took part in this my first time of hosting a challenge here at The Lily Pad. You all created such individually wonderful pages. I hope I have inspired you all to use those journal cards more often.

Week 3 JOURNALISM
    : focus on telling your story
    Featured products/sale - Pocket Scrapping, Journal Cards, Traveler's Notebooks, and MPM​

Here I am with the Week 3 Challenge during our Summer School 2021 Event. I hope you are all enjoying all the tutorials and challenges.

For this week I challenge you to put on your thinking caps and do something different with Journal Cards. The store has so many great packs of Journal Cards which you can find HERE.
    You should find some of, or even all the Journal Card packs on sale for this week only during this Week 3 of Summer School.
    There could be some Journal Cards lurking in your stash that you have never used !

I have three ideas of something different for Journal Cards and I know that some of you will even come up with other ideas. When you share in this thread what you have created for my challenge I ask that you also share an image from the store of the kit or pack of Journal Cards that you have used in your artwork. A link to the store would also be appreciated as others may be inspired and want to purchase what you have used.

Firstly, I enjoy using Journal Cards as Greeting Card toppers. You are welcome to also create a card for this challenge and it does not have to be hybrid like mine. If you do a solely digital greeting card for the challenge please add other things to the Journal Card, for example, flowers, stitching, words, numbers, etc.
    [​IMG]
    The pack of Journal cards used was Black and White Tiny Notecards by Gina Miller
    [​IMG]

Secondly, Look among your Journal cards for bits you can cut out to use for Word Art or Titles, which is what I did with the word "Fairy" in my title. I also included a normal journal card on my page.
    [​IMG]
    Journal Card pack used for this page: M3 February 2021 Add On by Little Butterfly Wings
    Also used on my page above for the paper and border: Back to Bed by Little Butterfly Wings
    [​IMG]

Thirdly, I had some fun creating a background for my page using Journal Cards enlarged. You may need to watch that some digital items enlarged can lose some definition or clarity. For my page I did not use any other items from any other kit. I created the scatters from the Journal card with the cake.
    [​IMG]

Journal Card pack I used: Let's Party by Allison Pennington
    [​IMG]

Now go out and have fun creating something using Journal Cards. If you have any questions I will be away at the start of this week so please do not think I am ignoring you.

Here is some incentive to take part in this challenge as during Summer School : For each challenge there will be one $10 first prize, one $5 second place, and one random $3.
    Deadline for a chance at receiving a prize is end of week 3 Sunday 25th July night 11:59pm EDT

The normal Challenge rules apply that your artwork contain at least 75% Lilypad Products.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
    G.J., Ferdy and Angela Toucan like this.
  2. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I will make this post in case there are any questions that I need to answer.

3. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Great challenge Anne-Marie, just love that last layout of yours, what a lovely photo! and goodness, the little one at the front on the right with blond hair looks a lot like you!! :)

A-M likes this.
  4. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Wonderful challenge Anne-Marie! I am with Ona.. that bottom layout is gorgeous and ful with all your littles around you. I really love the hybrid greeting card that you embellished all from a JC how fun and how versatile the JC's are. Can't wait to see everyone's pages!

A-M likes this.
  5. FL-Karen

FL-Karen Well-Known Member

FUN! Fun! FUN!! Thank you, Ann-Marie, for the challenge this week.
    I have to admit that I never use journal cards. I've always had a hard time getting them tucked in perfectly without it being 'cutoff' from other elements. I don't do many white space layouts so it is more challenging so I don't use them, out of convenience. LOL.
    I did use all JC from the iNSD store collabs: Stronger, Braver, Smarter. I couldn't find previews of the JC only.
    Credits are in the gallery.

[​IMG]

G.J., A-M and norton94 like this.
  6. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

love your challenge!! I love to use JCs on my pages on photo spots, specially when using templates! sometimes I blend them to the background because sometimes they are painted and artsy and I include the graphic this way!!

G.J. and A-M like this.
  7. nfenchak

nfenchak Where is my personal shopper?

I used the 2 journal cards from the Sara Gleason Giggle Snort kit as clip art for the tag and for the strip of paper at the bottom that has the laughter definition.
    [​IMG]

A-M likes this.
  8. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

9. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

10. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Thanks, Anne-Marie!
    [​IMG]

G.J., FL-Karen, A-M and 1 other person like this.
  11. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Wonderful challenge Anne-Marie - I LOVE using journal cards! I'll be back with a page. Love your great ideas and examples!

G.J. and A-M like this.
  12. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Here's a Pocket Page I created, using Journal Cards.

[​IMG]

G.J., FL-Karen and A-M like this.
  13. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

I used one journal card, duplicated, from FJD’s "Just Plane Fun" collection to create a sort of airplane border with six windows, then erased some of the solid windows to show people looking out. Credits in gallery.

[​IMG]

ad77, G.J., berniek and 5 others like this.
  14. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Super fun challenge, Anne-Marie!! One of my favorite ways to use journal cards is to change the blending mode and have it appear as an element or title work :)
    [​IMG]

Donitab, berniek, A-M and 3 others like this.
  15. Sharon-shutterbug

Sharon-shutterbug Active Member

I used 2 journal cards as mats for my photo.
    [​IMG]

FL-Karen and A-M like this.
  16. zakirahzakaria

zakirahzakaria Making to-do lists CHECK. Checking to-do lists...

That's a cool trick! Thanks for sharing.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  17. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

18. Teri

Teri You bought a used lion?

I only used the journal/filler cards from the June 2017 Storyteller kit. It was fun to piece them together and to cut out pieces to use as "elements"
    [​IMG]

FL-Karen and A-M like this.
  19. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Thanks for the fun challenge Anne-Marie!
    The girl top left is a darkened journal card, and the "I am not shy" word strip is cut from another journal card.
    [​IMG]
    For this one, I made the "always thinking" journal card the background and title:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
    Teri and A-M like this.
  20. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

What a great challenge. I've used 2 cards from A Party Bag of Journal Cards by Lynn Grieveson.
    jcDetails (Custom).jpg
    I used a card with a circular journal spot as a photo mat/frame.
    I took a word part from another card and blended it to the bottom of the first card for my title.
    [​IMG]

A-M likes this.