Job Interview

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by littlekiwi, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

I'm sorry you didn't get the job Jennifer! glad you got such great feedback for your next interview!

littlekiwi likes this.
  2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Sounds like some good feedback that you can apply to the next interview. I'm glad you are encouraged by knowing your were number 2... the next one will be yours hopefully!

littlekiwi likes this.
  3. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I'm sorry you didn't get the job, but you received such amazing feedback from them! That in itself, and that you were #2, is good to hear. Hugs to you!

4. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Soon, Jennifer, soon. That was very kind of them to give you such specific feedback.

littlekiwi likes this.
  5. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

So sorry that you didn't get the job, Jennifer. But to find out you were their second choice must be a big boost to your self-confidence!

littlekiwi likes this.
  6. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

It is great to be second choice but at the same time incredibly frustrating since I’ve been job hunting since October 2016.

bellbird likes this.
  7. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I agree with you all, getting sprcific feedback is great and something I appreciate. To be honest in 18 months, this is the closest Ive got to a job which is a positive step in the right direction. Normally if I get any feedback at all its quite generic so to get feedback comparing me to the preferred candidate was helpful. Quite often even if feedback was given, Im often left with the question of “how close was I?”. From what I understand it took the team of 4 people, 3 hours to decide and it was super super close. They did mention a few other avenues whether it be training or internships that may be on offer through out the year so there may still be opportunities with them in the future.

bestcee, bellbird, BevG and 1 other person like this.
  8. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

That's great!! An internship is a great way to get your foot in the door somewhere, if you don't find something else in the meantime!

littlekiwi likes this.
  9. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Sorry you made it so close, yet so far! Frustrating is right! I hope the feedback helps you be #1 next time! Hang in there!