January 9: Your 2021 Year-In-Review

Discussion in 'MOC 10 Challenges' started by lcpereyra, Jan 9, 2022.

1. lcpereyra

lcpereyra You won't believe my blue streak!

January 9: Your 2021 Year in Review

Hello! I hope you are enjoying this year’s MOC and have been inspired to create. Your pages are filling the gallery and it is such wonderful inspiration! It has been a great way to kick off 2022 and I’m delighted to be today’s host!

Today's goal is to look back at your 2021 and find one thing each month that you would like to highlight and remember. So therefore, today’s challenge is create a layout with one photo from each month in 2021 that represents a highlight for you that month - a monthly year-in-review, photography style.

Requirements for your layout:

• One photo from each month in 2021, so a total of 12 unique photos.
      • Each photo needs to be different and represent something that you want to highlight from that particular month.
      • If you don't have a photo from a particular month, you can take a new photo now of something that represents the memory or event you want to highlight.
    • Label each photo with the month (January, February, March, etc).
    • Label each photo with the subject it highlights (examples: grandma’s birthday, trip to the big city, last day of school, a project completed, etc).
      • There is not a minimum word count for each label, but it should be enough to describe what the photo is highlighting.
      • NOTE: If your journaling is not in English, please translate it to English in the credits so that I can see that it is describing what the photo is highlighting.
    Here is my layout for this challenge - it has 12 unique photos with one from each month and each photo is labeled with the month and a brief label/journaling about the subject I am highlighting.
    moc9web3.jpg
    Credits: Memory Pockets Monthly: Farewell, Allison Pennington Dear 2021 Elements

Here are a couple of beautiful layouts from our pollys to offer you more inspiration.
    From Stefanie/Eyeore:
    2021-Highlights-Web.jpg

And from Amanda/amandac:
    2022-01-MOC-09---Year-in-Review.jpg

Reminder:
    Your page must be a new page in order to count for the Month of Challenges. Your page must be posted in three places:
    1. Uploaded to the TLP Gallery (not an outside hosting site).
    2. Posted in your page thread you created in the MOC Layouts Folder. You should have one post per completed challenge page. If you complete all 31 challenges, your thread should contain 31 posts. Please do not comment in the participants’ page threads so we can keep them clean.
    3. Posted in this thread. People can comment here if they wish.

Your page must contain Lilypad product (pages with photos and font only do not count). If you use product from other stores, your pages must contain at least 75% current Lilypad product (currently for sale in the store from either permanent designers or guest designers).

Last edited: Jan 9, 2022
    A-M, crazsquaw, Donitab and 6 others like this.
  2. lcpereyra

Saved for Q&A

Q: Does it have to be highlights or could we include lowlights? For example loss of a pet.

A: Yes. You can interpret "highlights" to mean something that you want to emphasize as an important memory from that month.

Q: Can we use stock photos from the internet?

A: It is a photography based challenge, so your own photos are preferred, and as mentioned in the requirements: If you don't have a photo from a particular month, you can take a new photo now of something that represents the memory or event you want to highlight. For instance, if I hadn't taken a photo of the playbill at the show, I could have instead taken a photo now of the playbill I brought home or a screen shot of the e-ticket from the show or a screen shot of the show's website.

You may also use phone screen shots (think text conversations, screen grabs of a calendar event, emails, list books read, a fav song of a month, etc).

That said, if it is a hardship to find something to photograph now to represent what you want to highlight for a month in 2021, you can use a stock photo, but please be sure to credit where you got the photo.

Q: Can we have more than 1 photo in a month (for example, grandsons birthday and family reunion)?

A: No, for this challenge it should be one photo from each month.

It was a challenge for me to do this too! :) So in my journaling on this layout I listed a few highlights from those months that I had extra things I wanted to remember.

Q: is the use of a template allowed? (I re-read the rules and I don't think it's been mentioned, but I apologize if I missed it)

A: Yes, you can use a template.

Q: Can I use numbers to indicate the months instead of labeling with the month's name?

A: No, for this challenge you need label each photo with name of the month (January/Jan, Februrary/Feb, etc). A number (1, 2, 3, etc) is not a replacement. You can include both, but the name of the month needs to be included.

Q: Can this be a double page spread? (24x12)

A:
    Sure! As long as it meets the challenge requirements it can be a single or double page spread.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2022
    crazsquaw and Angela Toucan like this.
  3. melidy

melidy Well-Known Member

Does it have to be highlights or could we include lowlights? For example loss of a pet.

4. lcpereyra

Yes. You can interpret "highlights" to mean something that you want to emphasize as an important memory from that month.

5. melidy

melidy Well-Known Member

Great, I thought as much but then worried part of the challenge might have been to record the positives from each month so wanted to double check.

lcpereyra likes this.
  6. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

Can we use stock photos from the internet?

7. Jess Claire Creates

Jess Claire Creates Well-Known Member

This is awesome, I had already picked out a photo from each month and hadn’t decided what to do with them. Now I have the perfect thing

lcpereyra likes this.
  8. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

ugh I've barely got anything and some of the stuff that did happen, I'd rather not take any photos of.

wvsandy and Happy Mama like this.
  9. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat. Pretty well all photos will have to be coerced out of DD's phones or taken from the internet.
    Oh and its a year of lows. Really low lows :( Highlights are those months I got vaccinated, that's how bad of a year 2021 was for me!

mcurtt and Happy Mama like this.
  10. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

11. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Thanks for hosting, Lisa!

[​IMG]

12. lcpereyra

It is a photography based challenge, so your own photos are preferred, and as mentioned in the requirements: If you don't have a photo from a particular month, you can take a new photo now of something that represents the memory or event you want to highlight. For instance, if I hadn't taken a photo of the playbill at the show, I could have instead taken a photo now of the playbill I brought home or a screen shot of the e-ticket from the show or a screen shot of the show's website.

You may also use phone screen shots (think text conversations, screen grabs of a calendar event, emails, list books read, a fav song of a month, etc).

That said, if it is a hardship to find something to photograph now to represent what you want to highlight for a month in 2021, you can use a stock photo, but please be sure to credit where you got photo.

13. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

Can we have more than 1 photo in a month (for example, grandsons birthday and family reunion)?

14. lcpereyra

No, for this challenge it should be one photo from each month.

It was a challenge for me to do this too! :) So in my journaling on this layout I listed a few highlights from those months that I had extra things I wanted to remember.

michele hillam likes this.
  15. lcpereyra

Highlights can be intrepreted to mean something that you what to single out and emphasize from that month. You can use screen shots to capture images to represent this - emails, text conversations, calendar reminders and appointments, song playlists, fitness tracker screenshots, a recipe, a receipt, etc. These don't have to be big/party type of highlights from celebrations, but something that month which was important to you. Hopefully this gives you some new ways to think about this challenge.

littlekiwi likes this.
  16. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

17. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

18. Marif

Marif Well-Known Member

Sounds like a fun challenge, although truly a challenge, lol
    Question: is the use of a template allowed? (I re-read the rules and I don't think it's been mentioned, but I apologize if I missed it)

19. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

thank you for prompting me to do this. I was good to look back in this way.
    [​IMG]

threadjungle and mmbstaley like this.
  20. marnel

marnel Pollywog