January 9 - QR Code

Discussion in 'MOC 2020 Challenges' started by Karen, Jan 9, 2020.

1. MlleTerraMoka

MlleTerraMoka Well-Known Member

A first time for me, but I find that it's a good idea to add medias and complete our pages or our Project life for example
    [​IMG]

2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

we were laughing so hard, but so glad we videoed these...had to put 3 on, because they were so funny!
    my hubby loves the Qr codes and wants to use them for our 2020 Christmas cards and more!
    [​IMG]

Bellisae, LynnG, tia3966 and 4 others like this.
  3. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

Never did it successfully, I can't even imagine how to scan it afterwards to make it play.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Just because you can't really see the QR in the layout, as it's meant to be much bigger in print, here is what you're missing, if you want. :) You are under no obligation to watch either ;)
    QR20.jpg

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    LynnG, wvsandy, trekmom and 1 other person like this.
  4. KarenC

KarenC Well-Known Member

Thank you! That was a great thing to learn.

[​IMG]

Aerobigirl, Bellisae, LynnG and 4 others like this.
  5. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Thanks Karen, this was fun! My QR code links to YouTube and the song Have a Holly Jolly Christmas
    [​IMG]

LynnG, Trish, trekmom and 1 other person like this.
  6. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

(If you put your iPhone up to it like you are going to take a photo, it will lock on to the QR code and then link to where the video /website etc is stored)

7. gduncan

gduncan Well-Known Member

@Karen I guess I am not understanding this! I click on different people's codes, and all i get is another ot the same layout opening up. Some people don't even have their layout linked to the gallery so THAT doesn't even work! What am I doing wrong? Not that I'll ever figure out how to link it anyway! Christa's took me to an excerise machine!

I also don't know how to upload a video (if I had one) to You Tube!

The scanner I have on my phone isn't working for me either (I don't know how to work it!). I do not need more stress with my brain condition! HELP! HELP! HELP! I don't want to have to quite on day 9!

I tried the scanner link you gave us, and it has a monthly fee. Since I will never use it, I sure don't want to pay for it!
    Christa's took me to an excerise machine.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    Karen likes this.
  8. trekmom

trekmom Well-Known Member

I linked the QR code to a song on U tube called A Thousand Wild Horses. It's a favorite of mine. I used L Grieveson Under Pressure, goodies: frame 1, tag, tag 2, Snippets 2 and 3 and heart paper 4. I also used Pink Reptile Designs, Transfer flowers. I used A Pennington's Life Unhinged Goodies: Scribbles and Paint 4, Scary Doodle, Scary paper 4 and 15, Scary lace, Daily paper 16, Dirty WA, Daily cards 8 and Scary scrap 2. MOC day 9.jpg

LynnG, tia3966 and Karen like this.
  9. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Thank you Karen ... I learned something new today ... My QR code links to google maps - the place on the beach were the artwork is ..
    [​IMG]

Bellisae, LynnG and Karen like this.
  10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

A QR code isn't something you click on, it is something you scan with your smartphone. With my iPhone all I do is open my camera app and point it at the QR code. You don't actually take a picture, just point the camera at the code and a little pop up comes up at the top of my screen with the link that is embedded in the QR code. You click the pop up on your phone and it will direct you to whatver the QR code links to. I hope this helps.

Also a note, you don't have to do a YouTube video. Lots of people so far have linked up to website that have more information about a place they visited or with more pictures related to their page. Here is a full sized QR code for you to practice on:

qrcode.54411229.png
    This is the one on my layout in the original post. It links to the YouTube video of my son's speech

11. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Thank you for this challenge

[​IMG]

Bellisae, LynnG and Karen like this.
  12. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

wow this is cool and really expanding my horizons. will think about this and come back later thanks for helping me to learn something new

Karen likes this.
  13. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

Fabulous, fun challenge - Thank you :)
    [​IMG]

tia3966 and Karen like this.
  14. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I doubt I will ever use these again but I did enjoy making this page for the story it tells of the custom my friend and I have. (secret - It's Paul McCartney in Moscow singing The Birthday Song.)

[​IMG]

15. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

@Karen That was a fun video to see. :) Thanks for such an open challenge!

Karen likes this.
  16. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I have an Iphone 6? old one, I have a QR reader in my tools? I have always used the QR reader...
    lol
    I just tried the camera! it worked. I am giggling. How I love to learn things!

wvsandy and Karen like this.
  17. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Mine , it should link to the Times of Malta Newspaper, so you can read the article.
    @gduncan you do not pay for it or have to subscribe, Just put the web address in, where it asks you to , it generates a code and you find that in your downloads straight away. It can be seen 50 times only ( that's ok , strictly speaking only Karen has to see it ) the subscription thing is an option, so it will work forever.... dont give up..
    [​IMG]

LynnG, threadjungle and Karen like this.
  18. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I used to have to use an app on my old iPhone too, but I think starting with my 6 I was able to just use the camera. :) One less app! Hooray! :)

19. mirjam

mirjam mirjam

Woohot! Great pages. Here's mine:

[​IMG]

LynnG, tia3966, wvsandy and 1 other person like this.
  20. meterr

meterr I've got ICE in my veins!

QR code to Youtube video added

[​IMG]

LynnG, threadjungle and Karen like this.