January 9: Clean and Simple (Style Challenge)

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by dailydwelling, Jan 9, 2017.

1. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

January 9: Clean and Simple (Style Challenge)

Welcome to Day 9 of MOC 2017!!! I am so excited to host this Style Challenge for you!

Clean and simple layouts really showcase the lovely fact that sometimes less is more!

Clean and simple pages are also called minimal - a minimal amount of elements complement your photo and force you to focus your eye on a small part of the page.

In a clean & simple layout every element matters and has a purpose, so take your time to find what works best.

[​IMG]

You can work with a simple frame around your picture, some paint or splatter and a few additional elements - usually no more than about 6 elements are needed to create a wonderful looking clean page. These elements can be a flower, a button, a tag, a doily, etc...just think small!

In creating a clean & simple layout, concentrate on one small area of your page - remember that you only need a small part of your page embellished to create the clean & simple look!

To finish off your page, it always looks beautiful if you add a simple piece of Word Art or a few sentences of journaling.

I can't wait to see your beautiful creations!!!

Requirements:
    - Create a really clean page, using one photo and only a few meaningful elements (no more than six)
    - Use a neutral/solid background paper
    - Some journaling and a word art are allowed (not required), but remember to keep it simple.
    - Your photo and elements can take up only 1/4 of your page - the rest of your page must not have any elements, paint or photos.

Your page must be a new page in order to count for the Month of Challenges. Your page should be uploaded to the TLP Gallery and not an outside hosting site. Please post your page in your page thread you created in the MOC Layouts Folder. You should have one post per completed challenge page. If you complete all 31 challenges, your thread should contain 31 posts. Please do not comment in the participants’ page threads so we can keep them clean. You should also post your page here in this thread, and people can comment here if they wish. Pages should contain at least 75% current Lilypad product (currently for sale in the store). All MOC pages must be posted in your main MOC page thread by 11:59 pm eastern time on February 2 in order to count!

JenniferJ, crazsquaw, mirjam and 7 others like this.
  2. Meg

Meg There's no place like home

I love this kind of challenges, I'm a clean & simple addict. ;-)

ashleywb, LoveItScrapIt, Ga_L and 2 others like this.
  3. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

4. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

LOL - i'm sure this will be a common reaction

LoveItScrapIt and Juliestcyr like this.
  5. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

LOL so funny on the reactions. the clean and simple folks are all no to arty type pages or fill the page or two pagers. LOL

6. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

We've already had simple template and the blind scrap was minimal too ... off to sulk (not really). Have to check out the gallery I think for a scraplift.

7. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

8. ziesenil

ziesenil Well-Known Member

yeah!!!

Amson likes this.
  9. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

OK, I kept it simple!! Photo of some of my flowers in my garden from last summer.
    HELP!! Can someone tell me how to change this layout? I went back and made the whole thing smaller (photo, elements, splatter) so it looked more like 1/4 of the page. It seems like the layout in the gallery is the corrected one, but the URL is the old one????

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    mirjam, cfile, jwalls39 and 3 others like this.
  10. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

To all my big photo, page filling friends: You can do it!
    [​IMG]
    (....and re-do it later) :hide

11. amandaresende

amandaresende amandaresende

simply love this!
    here's one from me:
    [​IMG]

violaine, bjthomas, mirjam and 8 others like this.
  12. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Not fun... I am not a clean & simple kind of a person. But I did it anyway, all before getting ready for work too! Do I get extra points for including a variation of the word "simple" in my layout? :-)

[​IMG]

13. chigirl

chigirl Candy Corn junkie

love love love clean and simple...

[​IMG]

mirjam, MrsGaramer, jwalls39 and 4 others like this.
  14. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I thought I would twitch and scream with this challenge, but went even simpler than I have ever done, and I adore the page! I really love that he is the focus of it all..thank you
    [​IMG]

lvancura, lulyg14, elk2009 and 9 others like this.
  15. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I totally agree. :overreact

A couple of days ago I was able to make a one photo page requirement work for me by filing the page with journaling but I don't think that will be acceptable for this challenge. :hissy

It's not that I want a big photo. I decided a couple months ago to always make multiple photo pages, for economical reasons. But, yes, I know I can add more later. hmph

That's what consoles me: at least it's a fast challenge. :thumbsups

And how fun it was to find all my thoughts already here, ready to be quoted. So probably the best part of this challenge for me was practicing my forum quoting skills. :giggle

16. nfenchak

nfenchak Where is my personal shopper?

17. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

Oh, y'all....I am in complete awe of all of your pages!!! I love that so many of you have already embraced this challenge which was a hard one for you.

And I love the difference in reactions here!!! :)

bellbird and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  18. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

19. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

20. pinkadoo

pinkadoo Well-Known Member