January 9: Advice To Your Future Self (Journaling challenge)

Discussion in 'MOC 2018 Challenges' started by Dalis, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

JANUARY 9: Advice to your future self

Today, you are going to be a good friend to your future self! She might still be blossoming into adulthood, or she might be working on retirement, whom ever she is she will need you. What is that you want your future self to know and not forget? Maybe is something silly as in, to remember to always go and have coffee with your BFF no matter how busy you are or maybe it's about letting go of old decisions dragging you down. Whatever it is make sure you let her know, there is nobody who knows her better than you!

Here is my page:

[​IMG]

Recap of the Guidelines:
    1. Scrap a page that gives advice to your future self.
    2. You can include photos, or do a photoless page, it's up to you. But you need to have scrap product on your page (not just a photo and journaling) and you need to follow the 75% current product rule (see below).

Since this is a journaling challenge remember to follow these rules too:
    1. Your journaling should be a minimum of 150 words, in complete sentences, to qualify as complete. Word art will not qualify toward your word count. You cannot use the same word 150 times. If you are not sure or want to check your word count go to: https://wordcounter.net/ You cannot use the same sentence over and over again. Journaling challenges are meant for telling stories; if your journaling is sensitive or personal, please message me or Julie (mrs2a50) directly to discuss.
    2. Your journaling should be legible and readable. If your page is not in English, we ask that you translate your journaling to English and post the translation in your gallery credits. If your journaling has been distressed or your font is too small to read, you should post your journaling in your gallery credits. Again, if your journaling is sensitive and/or personal, please message me or Julie directly to discuss.

Your page must be a new page in order to count for the Month of Challenges. Your page must be posted in three places:
    1. Uploaded to the TLP Gallery (not an outside hosting site).
    2. Posted in your page thread you created in the MOC Layouts Folder. You should have one post per completed challenge page. If you complete all 31 challenges, your thread should contain 31 posts. Please do not comment in the participants’ page threads so we can keep them clean.
    3. Posted in this thread. People can comment here if they wish.
    Pages should contain at least 75% current Lilypad product (currently for sale in the store from either permanent designers or guest designers).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    MrsGaramer, crazsquaw, Sara and 13 others like this.
  2. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Love this Dalis!

KellyM likes this.
  3. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

@Dalis you had to make us go deep, didn't you? Oh man.

4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Would you expect anything else? :bk

Dalis, Tree City and jesskab like this.
  5. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

Geez woman you're killing me with your challenges! :backing
    Love it though @Dalis :bk

Dalis and KAPOH like this.
  6. MariSt

MariSt Well-Known Member

I like that font you used. This is a hard one!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  7. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

8. LynnG

LynnG Designer

Challenging it is :blush

Dalis, AJK, ashleywb and 1 other person like this.
  9. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

Dalis, your page is awesome! And I feel the same way as you about Let It Go and Live. It's not easy, is it?
    OK, I will talk with myself. :smackdown

10. Justagirl

Justagirl Courageously dancing in the rain

Ooh I love this journal prompt. Cant wait to get started on it :)

Dalis likes this.
  11. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

12. LynnG

LynnG Designer

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    KittyY, Karen, Iowan and 9 others like this.
  13. melaniedesigns

melaniedesigns CT - Krista Sahlin

ugh this gonne be a hard one , engelish is not my main langaus so finding the right words for the translation will be almost to imposibble :(

LynnG and AnikA68 like this.
  14. bestcee

We don't judge grammar at all, especially if you are translating from another language! You can always write in your mother language, and send it through Google Translate (or other translator) and paste that in the gallery to meet the journaling requirement.

Ga_L likes this.
  15. easyeyes4you

easyeyes4you Well-Known Member

Would not be a favorite challenge for me either... Did one someplace else, not too long ago... since my goal is to document my life, this will be somewhat repetitious...

16. jang

jang Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

157 words. Here's mine:
    [​IMG]
    The cool gladrags and handbags of today will look nothing short of ridiculous in 20 years. Retro television has brought that fact to light. The hairstyles, the clothes, the so must have items of days gone by really do not have lasting value. It really is a trap to fall into to thinking it is necessary to have the latest items or the newest ideas. New does not always equate with best. Material things should be thought about long and hard before purchasing. New ideas should be examined round and round and upside down before adopting. It is amazing to realize how short life really is and how time and money can be spent in so many better ways. Value should be attached to every moment and purchase. Even now my head knows these truths but when I am shopping the old must have logic kicks in. Self discipline is definitely a virtue and one worth achieving.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    Dalis, LynnG, Mylinn and 3 others like this.
  17. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Journaling is not my favourite .... I come back later ....

jesskab likes this.
  18. elk2009

elk2009 Hello, gorgeous

Word says 191 words
    [​IMG]

Dalis, LynnG, wvsandy and 1 other person like this.
  19. AnikA68

AnikA68 Well-Known Member

and here she is my frighten challenge. I´m so bad in journaling, not only because english is not my native language, I even can´t tell stories in german *lol*

KittyY, easyeyes4you and tlcd1961 like this.
  20. bestcee

It's okay! You can do it! Imagine telling a friend advice for the future, and make it belong to you!

KittyY and AnikA68 like this.