January 74th | Pad Patter 1.30

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Jan 30, 2022.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

At least it feels like January 74th :giggle. MOC does help January to go by a little faster and it does keep me occupied on those dark cold days, but January still feels like forever long! It doesn't help that I haven't had a pay check since Dec. 17th. I have quite a few things I need to catch up on around the house come February and a few projects I need to get started on, so as much as I love MOC, I am ready for January to end!
    How about you?
    Does January seem super long to you?
    Does MOC help it pass more quickly?
    Do you have anything you are looking forward to going in to the new month?

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  2. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

January has felt so extra long this year between COVID and me dealing with health issues but MOC has helped immensely.

February starts with a bit of a bang….overdue haircut, doctors check up and two zoom job interviews all this week so lots on plus a hopeful improvement with my health as well - just got to get through the next 24 hours or so.

AJK, bestcee and IntenseMagic like this.
  3. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

January has been so up and down! Delayed start to the school year by two days, then they announce more restrictions, then we go virtual for a week and a half, exams were canceled so there’s another week off, my surgery was canceled 2 days before it was supposed to happen. On a happy note, my son got a full time position. He finished college in December, started looking for jobs beginning of this month and was hired by mid-month. So happy and proud of him.

I am ready to try a new month, I was a refund on this one, lol.

rach3975 and IntenseMagic like this.
  4. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I have been really enjoying MOC this year. I found the challenges seemed a little more easier this year for me. Maybe I have grown up a little in my way of doing digital scrapbooking.
    It has helped the month go fast but that has been good. Due to Daughter's family having Covid at Christmas, none of the grandchildren came to stay which meant I had more time to create. Plus it was good for giving a break each day from the big task I took on of cutting down on my craft things - emptied one small cupboard, one medium size cupboard and one set of drawers. All these are no longer in my craft/computer room so now I have room to fit a blow up single bed for a visitor when needed. We only have two bedrooms in this house so I took over one of those. When the grandchildren come to stay they sleep in the lounge so now one can have privacy which is good with two of them now being teenagers.

In February I am looking forward to Love Our Designers which is an event I enjoy taking part in.

bestcee and IntenseMagic like this.
  5. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

January always seems to go quickly for me (and not because of MOC). December always seems longer.

Having the month be over just means we are that much closer to spring/summer. Although Groundhog Day is not looking so good weather wise right now. I've seen anywhere from 2 to 18 inches of snow. Current forecasts are for rain then wintry mix during the day Wednesday with snow starting later and continuing through Thursday. Snow accumulation between 12 and 15 inches. Fun, fun, fun! Good thing I can stay home!

IntenseMagic and michelepixels like this.
  6. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

January has been an interesting month for me. For the first time this fall, I became an empty nester but I stayed really busy reorganizing the house and then fixing everything that has needed fixing for 20 years :D. Then my dog had ruptured disk and lost the use of his back legs and so I had to take care of him 24/7 for several weeks as well as constant vet appointments. And then, I hosted Thanksgiving for my extended family followed by getting Christmas up, shopping for Christmas and traveling to Canada for Christmas AND returning home and hosting a NYE party and then packing away Christmas and NYE. So, when early January rolled around, I found myself with time on my hands that I wasn't really used to! It's been a good thing but also nice to have the challenge every day to keep me focused. Otherwise, it has been a bit of an introspective month for me now that I have some downtime, thinking about what I want to spend my time on in this new phase of my life.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  7. IntenseMagic

Good luck with the check up and interviews!! Hope they all go really well!!

8. IntenseMagic

We've had a lot of ups and downs as well. Delayed start, several snow/virtual days, etc. Sorry that your surgery had to be cancelled, but congrats to your son on his new position!!

jaye likes this.
  9. IntenseMagic

Sounds like you've been super productive!! I need some of that productivity sent my way! I did the blow up bed for the grandchildren as well...at least until their dog was visiting and put a hole in it. I didn't know it until the next morning when I found them sleeping on it flat lol. Glad you have enjoyed MOC! I've really enjoyed the challenges this year as well!

10. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

January was weird. I'm working full time in a school now, but Virginia's huge snowstorm at the beginning of the month lengthened our winter break, then MLK Jr Day and another smaller snowstorm chopped up the following weeks. We've only just finished our first full five day week since the first week of December. I guess my expectation of having less time to scrap this MOC combined with the snow days made January seem longer and MOC seem easier.

I'm with @HavaDrPepper -- I'm most excited about the days getting warmer and longer! I miss being able to fit longer walks into my weekdays.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  11. IntenseMagic

Yep, that's how I feel about it...closer to spring/summer!! I am so tired of snow! We've had snow on the ground this entire month and I've had enough. Fortunately, the storm that's coming through Wed/Thurs is supposed to be rain for us. Stay safe! Glad you're able to stay home!!

12. IntenseMagic

Yes, I have big plans for about a year and a half from now lol. Lots that needs to be done after raising kids for over 30 years. So sorry about your dog, I hope he's doing well now!! You have been super busy!! I hope that this new phase has lots of amazing adventures in store for you!!

13. IntenseMagic

I'm with you both on being excited to be getting closer to warmer weather! I don't think that we've had a full week of school this entire month thanks to the snow. I think it's the same for me...more time to scrap, but the month has seemed so long.

michelepixels likes this.
  14. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

You've had more snow this year than I have. We did get snow last Sunday that is still on the ground since it's been too cold to actually melt. But it was maybe 3 inches at the most. Temps are supposed to get back in the 30's and low 40's tomorrow and Tuesday so it should be gone before the storm hits us. I hate when snow just keeps piling up on top of previous snow. We've had more days of Arctic air than snow this winter season.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  15. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

Yes, he's actually doing really well! I wasn't sure he'd recover at all but he's probably 90% recovered - up and running & walking on his own. Maybe a little more floppy than he used to be but he's 11.5 so we're happy with the recovery we have!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  16. IntenseMagic

It's been crazy. We had it almost melt at one point, but then came again. It snowed Jan 2-3, Then came again on Jan 5-6, almost melted by the 16, but then came another one, then froze over and flurried until the 20th or so, and snowed again this past Friday. They've all been those 5-6 inch snows that just disrupt everything. We are supposed to be in the upper 40's and some 50's this week and I am downright giddy about it.

17. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I think we're on the same timeline. Olivia moves out at the beginning of March 2022. Daniel graduates in May/June of 2023. So we'll be a family of three again until he gradutes (we were three when Olivia lived outside the home during her uni years). We're not sure if he's going somewhere local for further education or what he's going to end up doing. So we might have an empty nest sooner rather than later.

18. gonewiththewind

Does January seem super long to you? The past couple of years every month seems to fly by!

Does MOC help it pass more quickly? Yes! I'm behind on layouts and I'm run out of time!

Do you have anything you are looking forward to going in to the new month? Yes, I'm looking forward to Love Our Designers. I'm doing LOAD (Layout A Day) and then getting ready for a 30 Days of Sketches challenge in March.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  19. IntenseMagic

Yep, Chance graduates in 2023 as well. He is also undecided about where he wants to go to school after that. It changes every day. He has looked at everything from Concord University that's 15 min from our house to Baylor! He is such a homebody and mama's boy, I have a hard time thinking that he'll go very far, but he might surprise me lol.

bestcee and gonewiththewind like this.
  20. gonewiththewind

Same with Daniel. He LOVES to be at home! I'll be surprised if he goes far away.