JANUARY 6: All About

Discussion in 'MOC Challenges' started by lcpereyra, Jan 6, 2015.

1. lcpereyra

lcpereyra You won't believe my blue streak!

Welcome to Day 6 of the Month of Challenges! I hope you are having fun and hitting your groove. For this challenge, you are going to get your journaling on. :)

Today, let's get "All About". If your household is anything like mine, you have heard Meghan Trainor's song "All About that Bass" over and over and over! So much so, you are now singing it in your head from the mere mention of those 4 words. (you're welcome, lol!) And that is the amazing power of words…they have the ability to instantly create a mood, a memory, a connection, and share a story. While I love photos and they are the heart of all of my pages, words go beyond a photo and can share more details which helps you document the very things you are trying to capture and preserve in your memory pages. Words are a wonderful way to let future generations see our here and now. Looking back through my albums, some of my favorite pages are the ones where I shared what was happening at that time - my "All About" pages…All About my son at age 6, All About our family trip to Cape Cod, All About my daughter's first year at Nursery School, All About my first trip to NYC, All About the awesomeness of my son, All About Me at age 40 (well, that isn't a favorite page yet. But I'm sure I will love it when I am 50, heehee!).

And this one that I created for this challenge using the Jan '15 BYOC...

[​IMG]

Journaling reads: winter time is all about our family time. when the flakes start to fall, we head north. we are all about the winter activities - the snowshoeing, ice skating, tubing, and definitely the snow boarding and skiing. our weekends are spent at mount snow, traversing the mountain from sun up to sun down. favorite trails to glide over are ridge, snowdance, thanks walt, roller coaster, mineshaft and fallen timbers. when the snow has piled up, we love to spend our mornings at sunbrook before the masses arrive. there isn’t anything that compares to skiing first tracks on freshly fallen snow! when the ski day has ended, we head to the outdoor rink for some ice time and a pick up hockey game. follow that with some hot cocoa and a warm fire and we are in winter heaven. for us, winter time is all about our family time... our mutual love of the outdoors...the mountain adventures...and mostly all about our love and joy for life. ski season 2014-2015.

As you can see, there are so many ways you can create an All About page! Whether you choose to write All About that bass, that face, or that special place…you will definitely create a page that will shine as you share the details of a memory. :)

So for this challenge, create an "All About" page. Let us learn a bit more about your subject through your photo(s) and your words...there needs to be some journaling that elaborates on the photo. Be sure to follow the MOC rules:

* Your page must be a new page in order to count for the Month of Challenges.
    * Please post your page in your page thread you created in this folder.
    * You should have one post per completed challenge page.
    * If you complete all 31 challenges, your thread should contain 31 posts.
    * Please do not comment in the participants’ page threads so we can keep them clean.
    * Pages should contain at least 75% current Lilypad product (currently for sale in the store from either permanent designers or guest designers).

* You should also post your page here in this thread, and people can comment here if they wish.

2. Mother Bear

Mother Bear Crikey!

Gasp!!!! my greatest fear....journaling. :groan

3. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

haha, me too! I wonder if she read my post the other day.

4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Lol girls! You don't have to do jouranling to do an all about page... how about a list? Things you're watching on TV, reading, crafts you love? Breathe! :giggle You can do it!

5. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

From The Waterboy, lol...

[​IMG]

6. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

YAY! These are fun!

7. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Girls...there were some amazing tips for journaling in the tutorials of the We Are Storytellers event, not sure, maybe there is something archived in the blog?
    you two are absolutely amazing scrappers, Julie, you have a family so worth writing about, Danica, I could tell so many stories with your profession!!! I' m of to hospital but will try find some tips for different approaches to journaling, if I can find or get time to write, I ll try post later (am I allowed?) ... I had promised Farrah (shame on me this was probably over a year ago) ...will try find and post :)

missed you, girls!!!!

Lori, great challenge!!! :heartlub:heartlub:beat:heartlub:heartlub

8. MlleTerraMoka

MlleTerraMoka Well-Known Member

Journaling ... is so hard for me... It was a big challenge for me, and this is my layout :
    [​IMG]

Sorry, the journaling is in french ...

9. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

ooh ... great ideas Karen! you could gather up some great WA strips from your stash to help tell your story too!

10. violaine

violaine Well-Known Member

How lovely !

11. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

yes please Cynthia - help help. I cringe at journaling.:hissy

12. Pallavi01

Pallavi01 You have that sharp, useless look about you

I just have the page in mind! :) let me come back with it :)

I love Journaling. Don't think any of my pages is complete without it. Thanks for the challenge! made me revisit a fun day.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  13. VickyD

VickyD Coffee - I need an IV for that!!

Song lyrics can be great for journaling too - or get someone else to journal? Your child can have a totally different perception of a place or time and might have memories that you didn't find as memorable but we're important to them? Lists of "currently" be it movies, hobbies, fav foods are all great journaling ideas xx

14. Meg

Meg There's no place like home

Thanks Lori for this great challenge, it a BIG challenge for me.... journaling ;-)

15. dennydenny

dennydenny Why can't it snow in the Bahamas?

all about... my first 15k run :)

[​IMG]

16. lcpereyra

Cynthia - feel free to share any tips! That would be awesome!

Yes, the We Are Storytellers event was wonderful for helping focus on using the words and photos to tell a story. The WAS gallery is great for this type of inspiration. It doesn't need to be stressful ;) just use the who, what, where, when, and why to share a little bit more insight into the photo & back story. Lists of favorite things and currently lists are a great way to share "all about" something as well.

Here is an example with my daughter - all about her love of laughter, including a few of her overused phrases.
    [​IMG]

Here is another example...my son & me journaling about his awesome imagination. I included a few details so I can remember these days years from now.
    [​IMG]

Here is one with a list of things from our vacation...you learn all about our week with just a few lines of details.
    [​IMG]

Here is my all about me layout from last year's MOC.
    [​IMG]

Another one that gives more insight all about my life with my husband...quick overview of important stuff in list form.
    [​IMG]

This one was all about my daughter's summer reading. The list of books she read is actually all across the background paper and the story is in the journaling. Brief, but all about that topic & compliments the photo.
    [​IMG]

Here is an example from Farrah - interviews are an AWESOME way to do an all about page.
    [​IMG]

There are lots and lots of ways you can go about this challenge...hope this helps and inspires you...it can be really fun & become a favorite layout years from now. :)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  17. ArisaMinamoto

ArisaMinamoto Crazy for Coffee

18. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

Lori great challenge. And love your page. We have skiing and vt in common too. We go to okemo and all our children were raised on skiing there. When they got to be teens they worked at ski school. It is a great family way to spend weekends. Hope we can still get together let me know. And thanks for the lovely page and inspiration

19. lcpereyra

Thank you! <3

20. mollyscraps

mollyscraps Feeding everyone's sweet tooth

Thank you for the challenge!

[​IMG]