January 31 - The End

Discussion in 'MOC 2020 Challenges' started by lmccandless, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Annsofie

Annsofie Crime Books & Cozy Nooks

2. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

3. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

I see I am in good company doing a LO about MOC8. It's a fitting end to a wonderful January!!
    [​IMG]

4. jjpederson125

jjpederson125 Well-Known Member

5. got2digiscrap

got2digiscrap Well-Known Member

Thank you for hosting. A million ideas went through my head and then I decided to do it on what made me start scrapbooking. My son in NICU.
    [​IMG]
    kit: Instrumental Strings by Kristin Aagard
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/digital-scrapbooking-kit-instrumental-strings.html

template: Recyclables 56 by Scrapping with Liz
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/Recyclables-56-Digital-Scrapbook-Templates.html

fonts: Master of Break (title) and Rough Notes Sample (Journaling)

title: Last Time staying at Neonatal Intensive Care Unit

journaling:
    The day you were born was way too early. So we spent 5.5 months in NICU. I bought this shirt for you and told them when you got to wear it at NICU I was going to pin NICU over the college because you were going to leave NICU. When you started your stay they changed your bed number weekly or daily depending on your care needed. I woke joke and tell them you are just checking out the scenery before you signed your lease. We went through so much during your short NICU stay. We went through a heart surgery, having you be bagged before my eyes, them telling me you needed a shunt for your brain bleeds, a g-tube placed in, a nissan procedure and we beat the odds. We had a room in and then told no it was too dangerous because your stats were falling down. Mommy learned to be your advocate. I never thought I would question and yell at doctors but for you I did. After I did the nurses told me they were proud of me that he did not have a right to say what he had. I hope and prayed they would rotate us to another doctor because they normally traded patients every month but they did not move us so we were stuck with him as our last doctor. We spent five and
    a half months in NICU they were days that I got use to our new normal. I was so grateful for the day they told me you were coming home and we were leaving our NICU with our last time we were spending the night in NICU because we were released from NICU directly. It was a day that was the beginning of a new journey but the end of the journey of spending our time at NICU.
    xoxo to the nurses and doctors that became family for without them and the power of prayer I would not have you and been shown the true humble life

6. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

You always do the best challenges, Laura, thanks for this!!!!!!!!
    the journaling is transcribed in the gallery :)
    [​IMG]

7. pearkat

pearkat Well-Known Member

8. KELLIE R GUZMAN

KELLIE R GUZMAN Well-Known Member

9. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

10. latz

latz Well-Known Member

Here's mine:
    [​IMG]

11. ScrappyHappy82

ScrappyHappy82 I didn't know pet stores sold husbands!

Woot! All finished! Thank you for an amazing and yes, challenging, Month of Challenges! :)

[​IMG]

angels likes this.
  12. tlcd1961

tlcd1961 Well-Known Member

This is a very difficult memory for me. This was my last birthday with you. I miss you so much that it hurts. It was always hard to get a good picture of you. You almost always had a goofy or unhappy look on your face. Why didn’t I take our picture together this time? I always did before. I did not know that in 14 days you were going to be gone. I remember our conversation like it was yesterday. I thanked you for all that you did for me on my birthday. How nice you made it. You said, “As long as I’m alive...” I knew you meant you would always take care of me. You were always more of a mother to me than a sister. You were 17 when I was born and never had children of your own. I became your child - especially after mom died. I wish I could go back to this day and take our picture together and talk to you one more time. I miss you so much dear Deanna. I wish you were still here.

Deanna and Paul McEndree -- November 3, 2004
    Journaling -- January 31, 2020

13. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

I have scrapped this photo before but it was perfect for this challenge.

[​IMG]

14. merank

merank Working my way through scrumdiddlyumptious bars

15. Enid

Enid Well-Known Member

Thanks for the Challenge
    [​IMG]

16. Monica Moriak

Monica Moriak Well-Known Member

17. nfenchak

nfenchak Where is my personal shopper?

18. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

Thank you for another amazing MOC!!
    [​IMG]

rrred68 likes this.
  19. SheriScraps

SheriScraps Well-Known Member

Yeah! The last challenge. I still have one more to complete but I can't believe it's the end!! This one had so many possibilities. I was brought to tears by many of the layouts! Wow. Such a bittersweet way to end the challenges!
    [​IMG]

20. danfeen

danfeen Active Member

2020_balance_MOC8_31-1.jpg

Lovely challenge to finish it all off. Thank you. I had fun with the challenge.