January 27: Combine Two Templates (Template Challenge)

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by IntenseMagic, Jan 27, 2017.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I can't believe we're nearing the end of the month! What a fun one it has been. MOC gets better and better every year, and I am beyond thrilled to be hosting what has always been one of my favorite challenges!

Two of our wonderful designers have been kind enough to create templates for us to use for today's challenge, so big thanks to Scrapping with Liz and Just Jaimee.

Combining templates is an awesome way to put a new spin on things you already have in your stash, or a fresh way to look at templates you may consider purchasing. It can also help you create a page that works for your photos and journaling. It's a great way to challenge yourself to use things in a way that you might not have previously considered.

For this challenge you need to combine the two templates provided and create a new template from them to make a new layout. You can twist, resize, turn, shrink, move things around... the only requirement is that we need to be able to CLEARLY see that you have used BOTH templates in your final layout!

NOTE: You must use the two templates provided and only these two templates.

[​IMG]

To combine both of the templates into one layered document in Photoshop:

1. Open both templates in separate windows/tabs.
    2. Select all of the layers of one template and drag all of these layers directly onto the other template.
    3. Move things around as desired

** @AlannaH was kind enough to convert Jaimee's template for Artisan users, if you need it :) https://www.dropbox.com/s/1lhlul5e5g7d6n0/jj-MOCtemplate.artpage?dl=0

Check out this post for a more detailed tutorial : Tutorial on Merging Templates from the Learning Pad!

Here's the page I created with these two awesome templates

[​IMG]

Requirements:
    1. You must use both of the provided templates in your layout. If the software you use for scrapbooking does not support templates, then you may use the templates as a sketch.
    2. Modifications such as rotating, resizing, or flipping the templates are allowed as long as it is still obvious that you used both templates in your layout.
    3. Layouts can be hybrid or digital, but must be a scrapbook page- no cards or ATCs will be accepted for this challenge.

General Requirements:
    Your page must be a new page in order to count for the Month of Challenges. Your page should be uploaded to the TLP Gallery and not an outside hosting site. Please post your page in your page thread you created in the MOC Layouts Folder. You should have one post per completed challenge page. If you complete all 31 challenges, your thread should contain 31 posts. Please do not comment in the participants’ page threads so we can keep them clean. You should also post your page here in this thread, and people can comment here if they wish. Pages should contain at least 75% current Lilypad product (currently for sale in the store). All MOC pages must be posted in your main MOC page thread by 11:59 pm eastern time on February 2 in order to count!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    crazsquaw, NancyBeck, Ga_L and 4 others like this.
  2. _scrapaholic_

_scrapaholic_ Well-Known Member

can it be combined on a double page or does it have to be a single page layout? I'm thinking about moving the left part of template one over to the other template (journaling, "word", circle, label & triangle). And use the second template as my left page and the first template as my right page. I'm not sure this is what you intended with this challenge :)

3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

They do need to be combined on one single page. I need to be able to clearly see that both templates were used on a single page, but you are free to resize and move things around to make it your own. Hope that helps :)

4. _scrapaholic_

_scrapaholic_ Well-Known Member

5. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I loved this challenge last year. It really made me think out of the box. The silly thing was I had never thought of doing this before, and. Ow I do it all the time! Off to think about what to do...

6. Frumpje

Frumpje Summer is made for memories

love both the templates!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  7. amandaresende

amandaresende amandaresende

yep!!!! so much fun!!!! here's one from me:
    [​IMG]

8. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

9. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Thanks for these amazing templates and wow, such an awesome challenge, I had so much fun!
    [​IMG]

LynnG, ziesenil, lorieh and 4 others like this.
  10. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

Fab challenge & templates, thank you :)
    [​IMG]

11. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

one of my favorite challenges!!

elk2009 likes this.
  12. Megan H

Megan H Well-Known Member

Whew. I'm more of a minimalist so combining these two templates means there is a whole lot going on... here's my take!
    [​IMG]

LynnG, elk2009, ziesenil and 6 others like this.
  13. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

14. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

what a fun combo! thank you!!
    [​IMG]

elk2009, ziesenil, JenniferJ and 5 others like this.
  15. barbaraj

barbaraj Well-Known Member

Fun challenge! Here's mine:

[​IMG]

LynnG, ziesenil, JenniferJ and 5 others like this.
  16. Vrielinkie

Vrielinkie Rub-a-Dub-Dub

LOOOOOVE this challenge and how different all the LO's look. Here's mine:
    [​IMG]

LynnG, ziesenil, jwalls39 and 2 others like this.
  17. EllenT

EllenT I live for that hourglass ...

18. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Thanks to the wonderful ladies for the templates. Fun challenge, something I think I've ever only done one other time

[​IMG]

ziesenil, JenniferJ and IntenseMagic like this.
  19. AlannaH

AlannaH Well-Known Member

BevG, bonnenuit and IntenseMagic like this.
  20. huyentrang43

huyentrang43 Well-Known Member