January 27, 2018 Slow Scrap Instructions + Layouts

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2018' started by scrappyjedi, Jan 27, 2018.

1. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

You'll find the instructions for the slow scrap here as they are posted in the chat (so come on in and chat with us)!! This is also where you'll post your layouts when they're finished.

A few little rules to get out of the way first:

Layouts are due by 3pm EST Sunday, January 28, 2018.

Please post your completed layout in The Lilypad gallery. GALLERY RULES: Layouts must contain at least 50% TLP products. (Templates count as 15%.) Uploads must be less than 250k. List all credits; no off-site linking allowed.

And remember that if you're using this for MOC, you'll need to use at least 75% TLP products!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    Mylinn likes this.
  2. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

Instructions:

(Remember that if you want this layout to also count for MOC, you'll need to adhere to the MOC rules as well as use products from exactly 6 designers.)

1. Start with a neutral background paper. White/Cream, Gray, Black, or Brown/Kraft. It can have some “light” pattern to it (a text print, woodgrain, or something with a small black or white design all over it is PERFECT!).

2. Your page is going to have one BIG photo on it. Since some people scrap square and others in portrait/landscape, I’m not going to give exact dimensions, but it needs to fill 60% of the page or so. Choose a photo that has either some empty space or something that you want to cover up near the bottom, because we’re going to layer some stuff in that area in just a bit!

3. Sprinkle some patterned paper shapes (hearts, circles, stars- you choose!) across the bottom of the photo- at least 5 or 6, each in a different pattern. This is where you can easily bring in some color and mix and match designers without getting overwhelmed! The pieces don’t have to cover the bottom edge of the photo, just go across the bottom quarter or so. You can layer them over each other or spread them out. They can also be of different sizes, but you’ll probably want them in the 1.5”-3” range (depending on your photo size).

4. Layer your page title in with the shaped paper pieces, on your photo. You can use word art, a font, or some combination of the two.

5. Now for some fun and another way to easily bring in another designer if you need more! Add a splatter or sprinkle of something behind your photo, but on top of the background paper. You can use paint, confetti, a sequin cluster, or any other pre-made “scatter” type element.

6. Add 4-5 finishing touches in the form of brads, single sequins, gems, flair- any of those tiny little bits that really finish off a page! This is also another super easy way to bring in more designers. Layer these items over the patterned paper shapes, using them to fill in gaps or bridge edges where needed.

umyesh likes this.
  3. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

This is fun!!!!!!

4. Jems

Jems Well-Known Member

i just realized i missed the chat but im going to give this a try for sure!

5. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

Okay. Since I had already done a layout for Jan 27 MOC challenge, this is another and was not subject to the 6 designer constraint. Therefore, I used everything from one designer bundle. So much quicker.

Neutral background paper - yes
    One big photo with space at bottom - yes
    5 shapes (stars) with different patterned papers clipped to them sprinkled across the bottom of the photo - yes
    Page title in with shaped pieces - yes (December)
    Paint transfer behind photo but on top of background - yes
    Finishing touches - 4 brads mixed in with stars - yes
    Other - a bit of journaling, place and year - yes
    [​IMG]

wvsandy, Joan K and bbymks5 like this.
  6. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Allison Pennington, Amber LaBau, ForeverJoy Designs, LBW, Lynn Grieveson, and Sahlin Studio are the six designers
    [​IMG]

flowersgal and Rikki like this.
  7. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

January 27 - Combine Six Designers Random Challenge

[​IMG]

https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/moc27_6designer_pachimac.335097/

I did this for the 6 Designer challenge, and the slow scrap as well.

The name of the band is "Holes in Hearts", because the boy in th e front was born with a hole in his heart and they are so grateful that he survived, and he had open heart surgery a few years ago to finally correct it. Thus...the heart motif as well.

Designers Credits:
    1. Pink Reptile Designs "Today" wood heart, paint splotches recolored to red.

2. Little Butterfly Wings - "Carpe Diem" sneakers sticker, enjoy today word art, "Laugh Often" star, chipboard heart, this pic flair, pink button, "Maker's Gonna Make" background colorized black,

3. Forever Joy "Road Trip" brown buttons

4. Etc. by Danyale "Boho Soul" paint dots

5. Just Jaimeej "M3 August 14" Doodled hearts

6. Lynn Marie "M3 Sept 14" Solid Background Paper

bbymks5 likes this.
  8. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

My Six Designers are:
    Bella Gypsy, Amy Wolff, Just Jaimee, Pink Reptile Designs, Little Butterfly Wings, Allison Pennington
    Thanks for all the help in the chat!
    [​IMG]

Joan K, mcurtt and bbymks5 like this.
  9. lou

lou Well-Known Member

Thanks for the chat!
    1) Kristin Aagard All the Feels, patterned papers
    2) Pink Reptile Designs All the Feels, patterned papers, heart paper clip
    Pink Reptile Designs New Beginnings {papers}, background paper
    3) Sabrina's Creations Treasured {mini}, green button and ribbon
    Sabrina's Creations Take Note {add-on}, paint behind photo
    4) Dawn Inskip Precious Moments {kit}, camera element
    5) Sabrina Dupre Refresh {elements}, heart flair
    6) Sahlin Studio Treasured {cards & WA}, Treasured WA

[​IMG]

10. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

ForeverJoy Designs, Just Jaimee, Kristin Aagard Designs, Little Butterfly Wings, Mommyish, Pink Reptile Designs
    [​IMG]

11. Jems

Jems Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Here is my attempt

Neutral background
    7 pumpkin shapes across the bottom of the photo with different designers PPS
    Title on top of shapes
    scatter at top
    elements to finish
    bottlecap, flair, star, heart, tag and flag

used...

Becca Bonneville
    Sunday Morning - https://the-lilypad.com/store/Sunday-Morning-by-Becca-Bonneville.html
    Happy Camper - https://the-lilypad.com/store/Happy-Camper-by-Becca-Bonneville.html

Bella Gypsy
    Boho Fall - https://the-lilypad.com/store/Boho-Fall-Digital-Scrapbook-Bundle.html
    Spooks and Spells - https://the-lilypad.com/store/Spooks-and-Spells-Digital-Scrabpook-Bundle.html

Mommyish
    Pumpkinspice and everything nice - https://the-lilypad.com/store/Pumpkin-Spice-and-Everything-Nice-Full-Kit.html

PRD
    Nuts about fall - https://the-lilypad.com/store/Nuts-About-Fall-Elements.html

Just Jaimee
    Halloween Hodgepodge - https://the-lilypad.com/store/Storyteller-2016-Halloween-Hodgepodge-October-Add-on.html
    Hello Autumn - https://the-lilypad.com/store/Hello-Autumn-Storyteller-September-2017-Add-on.html

Sahlin Stuido
    Project Mouse Halloween - https://the-lilypad.com/store/Project-Mouse-Halloween-Kit.html

12. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

Thanks for the chat and challenge!

[​IMG]

bestcee and flowersgal like this.
  13. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

This is in addition to the six designer MOC challenge that I posted earlier. Sorry I had to leave early at the chat. We were in and out running errands...

I still managed to use six designers in this one: Etc. by Danyale, Sahlin Studio, Pink Reptile Designs, Allison Pennington, Lynn Grieveson, Rebecca McMeen.

[​IMG]

wvsandy and flowersgal like this.
  14. ta_merkins

ta_merkins Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain

15. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

SHE’S MY SISTER

For the Month of challenges at The Lilypad: Slow Scrap for MOC 27. Elements from Paula Kesselring, Dawn Inskip, Little Butterfly Wings, and Lynne-Marie, all from the January 2018 M3 kit and add-ons; and from Tangie Baxter and Rebecca McMeen. The font is tangieAJCtweedleDeeALT. The photo is from Graphics Fairy.

Instruction #1: The background paper is from Lynne-Marie.
    Instruction #2: The photo is from Graphics Fairy.

The heart shapes are from Little Butterfly Wings; it was one element that I cut into three to use for Instruction #3. Patterned papers are from Little Butterfly Wings, Lynne-Marie, and Tangie Baxter.

Instruction #4: I used one of Tangie’s art journal fonts for the title, placed on a tag from Lynne-Marie.

Instruction #5: The background paint is “Extraordinary Graffiti” from Tangie Baxter.

I used foliage from Tangie Baxter and Dawn Inskip, a circle from Lynne-Marie, and a hand-shaped element from Paula Kesselring for the “finishing touches” in Instruction #6.

I haven’t decided yet whether to use this for today’s MOC challenge.

16. jang

jang Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Already did my MOC page so this is just for the SS. Here's mine:
    [​IMG]

17. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

Thanks for a fun chat, Melissa!

[​IMG]

honeyandcheese likes this.
  18. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sorry I couldn't stay for all the chat, but it was a miracle I managed to remember to start with! Thanks for the help with getting this page done.

My six designers, full (and comprehensive!!) credits in gallery
    Becca Bonneville
    Alison Pennington
    Amber LaBau
    Sabrina Dupre
    Amy Wolff
    Scrapping With Liz

19. KairynLisa

KairynLisa Wouldn't make it as a fighter pilot

[​IMG]

I feel like I need to add more to this, but I'm not wanting to violate the SS instructions as far as what else can be done. Ideas? I'd like to incorporate the newspaper article a bit better.

created using Treasured: a Lilypad Collab containing design products from Allison Pennington, Kim Jensen, One Little Bird, Paula Kesselring, Sara Gleason and Valerie Wibbens.

20. honeyandcheese

honeyandcheese Digging the island vibe