January 23rd: If This Walls Could Talk (Journaling Challenge)

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by MrsPeel, Jan 23, 2017.

1. ForellaP

ForellaP Crammed in the corner with all my crafts

2. dawninskip

dawninskip Well-Known Member

3. andersm

andersm You can check out anytime you like ...

4. Stacy

Stacy Well-Known Member

I had to do a double page layout for this one because I had to many pics that needed to go on the pages to talk for the walls!! I had a really hard time with this until I found pics of the wall! I can definitely see me using this journaling style for future pages though if I ever make it to DC.
    Here is my journaling, wasn't sure if I was suppose to post it so just being safe.

One of my favorite Thompson family traditions is the measuring of the children that we do every year at Christmas time. If this wall could talk! Since the grandkids were little this has been happening. There are so many marks on the walls, 25 years of them to be exact. Who would have thought a plain white wall would hold so many memories for our families. It now holds the measurements of two generations, some that are just starting out, some that change a lot from year to year and some that no longer move at all. There are so many marks that you have to search to find where they were measured the last year. It is a tradition that will continue as long as the wall is there and the kids are growing or until the house is no longer used for family gatherings. Nope it will still be used then because I am cutting that wall out when they move! It will always be a part of our family memories.
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  5. Neverland Scraps

Neverland Scraps Always trust, never doubt

Journaling reads:
    He’s such a strong boy! If anyone were to ask me, the walls of this hospital, I’d tell you he was a trooper! He came in to the room not knowing what was going on, in a lot of pain from a procedure to reverse the blockage from the intussusception. That was a new word for me, and for the nurses on the floor! Some of them had to look the word up to remember what it meant! I’m quite shocked the ER Doctor picked it up. That’s besides the point! This boy, William, fought through fevers, vomiting, diarrhea, nurses poking him, playing with his IV and waking him through the night. Only once did he get upset when his nurse said he could go for a walk. He thought he could leave the room and play in the play room. But his nurse forgot he was on isolation, which resulted in a temper-tantrum because he wanted to leave the room. I don’t blame him, he was here for six days. Most of the time he couldn’t eat or drink because they thought he’d need surgery. When he was allowed to eat, he was so sick that he didn’t want to eat. Poor boy, lost almost four pounds while he was here. He was so unsteady when the doctors said he could leave. I felt bad when he fell on the floor, but I was quite excited to see William leave the room because I knew it meant he was on the road to recovery while at home.

[​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  6. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

you can make the walls talk to the trees....but at least one wall needs to be talking!!!!!!!!! Looking forward to your page !!!!!!!!!!!!! :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

7. silent ranks

silent ranks Don't forget to turn back around

I already did something different.

MrsPeel likes this.
  8. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

ohh Kate so sorry!!! I got behind with commenting as I was ubnwell the other day, trying to catch up, I'm working my wayb through page 10 now, I ll come back in a buit as I need to do a couole of things now, but hopefully will get to uyou today!!!!! @silent ranks

9. silent ranks

silent ranks Don't forget to turn back around

It is all good sweetie. Don't panic. x

MrsPeel likes this.
  10. Jeanet

Jeanet CT - Lynne-Marie

11. chloe_digiscrap

chloe_digiscrap Well-Known Member

Fun take on the journaling challenge!
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  12. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

I've been thinking about this for days. Still not satisfied with it, but...it's probably because the picture is at an angle.

[​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  13. marchbaby

marchbaby Member

We are the walls and ceiling of a dirty, smoke stained house.
    How nice it is to take a breath of freshness! Loads of
    TSP was used, buckets became filthy after a few rinses,
    rags were worn through, and many bruises marked this lady’s
    legs, from hours on the ladder. But, oh! The difference
    it made! Compare the clean & dirty areas! The stairwell
    was terribly smoke stained. The bathroom was clearly smoked
    in too, and a larger piece of work, needing to vent the fan
    to the outdoors, and repair the humidity-damaged ceiling.

[​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  14. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

15. wendyjc

wendyjc Hoping to have Kate by the ocean

The Journaling reads:
    Here we go again. Here comes another kid that thinks he can master me! He has no idea what I have I store for him. I am not as easy as I look. And he is so cocky thinking he can climb me. Doesn't he know I was built to be difficult, he is no match for me. Oh, wait a minute. This kid is doing great. He knows exactly which one of my rocks to step on, and look at that, he can really stretch himself and get up higher and quicker than I have seen in a long time. He might just make it. Oh I hope so. So many have failed before he came along. Ya know, its a good thing they have these kids hooked onto a line. I have seen some scary falls that could have been a disaster. But not today, Today I see a champion. Welcome to the top, I love the view from up here and I bet he will too!!

[​IMG]

I had the hardest time trying to decide what walls I wanted to use. I had decided to use my sons room but in the same folder that those pictures were in I also had these pictures of him climbing a rock wall at Upper Limits

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    MrsPeel likes this.
  16. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

17. julianz

julianz Well-Known Member

For MOC Day 23 - If walls could talk

[​IMG]

Journaling:
    - Look at this lot, it must be the largest gathering of over 40 year olds in the city.
    - They’re all excited now but soon they’ll be complaining about their sore feet and aching hips.
    - It’s just as well there are so many of them packed in here, it’s the only thing keeping them upright.
    - They might be old but they still know all the words
    - It must be way past their bed-time by now.
    - They’ll suffer tomorrow but they sure look like they’re having fun now

Products used:
    Messed Up Stamps by Dawn Inskip
    Wonder Collection by Dawn Inskip
    Nature Bounty Mousseron Paints by Etc by Danyale
    New Start Elements by Lynne Grieveson
    Painted Papers *M3 by Lynne Marie

MrsPeel likes this.
  18. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

[​IMG]

Did you hear that explosion yesterday? They say it was coming from a tv, whatever that is. At least we survived again
    unscathed.
    Oh no! They started a new project! Why are they doing that? They should just hire someone!
    There seem to be a lot of cats here. Why are there so many cats?
    Why is the man making a fire so close to us? Is he trying to burn us down? Thank goodness he has not succeeded yet!
    They seem to leave a lot but they always come back. Why don’t they take the cat’s with them? At least the lady that
    visits the cats is nice.
    These people have lived here a long time. At least we don’t have to worry about them moving anytime soon.
    Why do they insist on putting holes in us without our permission? To make matters worse they decorate us however they want with out consulting us! The nerve of them!

MrsPeel likes this.
  19. SanVHM

SanVHM Pluk de dag!

20. Sahndra

Sahndra Active Member