JANUARY 22: Title IN a Shape

Discussion in 'MOC 2021 Challenges' started by amandac, Jan 22, 2021.

1. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

JANUARY 22: Title IN a Shape

Hi everyone!

Welcome to the MOC 9 January 22nd challenge! I’m excited to be hosting it and I hope you have lots of fun!
    Today’s challenge is all about your title. I love a good title but instead of doing it the usual way I thought it would be fun to mix things up …. and get you to do your title IN a SHAPE instead.

Now, to make things MUCH easier for you, our wonderful and talented Liz has made this template pack of handy, dandy shapes to use for this challenge.

folder.jpg
    I want you to use one of THESE shape templates on your page, no other shapes please.
    All you need to do is simply clip your alphabet pieces to the shape template that you have selected and voila!

I used the same paper as my background paper to clip under the letters so it all blended in nicely and now all you can see are the letters. The LETTERS should make the template shape clearly visible so just filling it with a contrasting paper to give it shape and then adding a title to it will not work for this challenge.

Please use the title to FILL the shape, make the letters be your shape. Text around the outside of a shape does not meet the requirements of the challenge.

I would like to see the title as the star of the page but other than being IN one of the shapes provided there are no other limits as to what else you can include on your page. But please ensure that the title shape can be easily identified.

Here is a page that I have created to give you an idea of what is expected to successfully complete this challenge
    [​IMG]
    And here is a fabulous Challenge page by Carol @Iowan :beat:heartlub:beat, love this big, bold arrow title!
    [​IMG]
    What about this cutie by Cynthia?
    MOC9_22_72.jpg
    AND
    how about this great page by Karen @Karen ! Now you MIGHT think this violated this clause "The LETTERS should make the template shape clearly visible so just filling it with a contrasting paper to give it shape and then adding a title to it will not work for this challenge" BUT Karen has made the title fit into the shape perfectly so that even if the contrasting background wasn't there you can CLEARLY see the shape is a puzzle piece! She did this by dragging and smooching the letters to fit! I think its great!
    2020-12-24 Christmas Puzzles small.jpg

I hope you have fun with this challenge!

Challenge Requirements:
    1. Your title must be in the form of one of the shapes provided specifically for this challenge
    2. Your title needs to FILL the shape, text around a shape does not meet the requirements of the challenge.
    General Requirements:
    Your page must be a new page in order to count for the Month of Challenges. Your page must be posted in three places:
    1. Uploaded to the TLP Gallery (not an outside hosting site).
    2. Posted in your page thread you created in the MOC Layouts Folder. You should have one post per completed challenge page. If you complete all 31 challenges, your thread should contain 31 posts. Please do not comment in the participants’ page threads so we can keep them clean.
    3. Posted in this thread. People can comment here if they wish.
    Pages must contain at least 75% current Lilypad product (currently for sale in the store from either permanent designers or guest designers).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    G.J., AJK, crazsquaw and 3 others like this.
  2. amandac

Reserved for questions

1 Can we use a font or do we need to use an alpha?
    Either is fine, or both :giggle
    2. If you need some help making this work with PS the go to this post for some screen shots of how I made an example. #15
    Donna has also shared a PS tutorial here #55
    3. If you are using Artisan Bumblebeee gave some helpful tips here #63

3. MlleTerraMoka

MlleTerraMoka Well-Known Member

Amanda, I can't see the pictures ...

amandac likes this.
  4. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

I love technique challenge. I've never done this before. Great fun. Liz, thanks for the shapes.

[​IMG]

5. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Looking forward to seeing the examples @amandac

amandac likes this.
  6. amandac

rats ... I can see them ... hang on let me fiddle

MlleTerraMoka likes this.
  7. amandac

ok everyone ... images are all sorted and I double checked on hubby's computer so you should be good to go :)

littlekiwi likes this.
  8. MlleTerraMoka

MlleTerraMoka Well-Known Member

Perfect ! I see them now ! Thank you

amandac likes this.
  9. Amson

Amson Yoo-hoo!

Can we use a font or do we need to use an alpha?

10. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Hey There...I Don't Understand This Challenge!...I Got The Shapes...I Put 5 Letters In A Shape To Spell A Word...So Then What?...Do You Stretch The Letters Out?...I Tried That & They Were Too Big For The Shape?...I Don't See How To Do This?...Help Please...Thanks Rhonda...

amandac likes this.
  11. Isa Marks

Isa Marks Pollywog

12. Saar

Saar Well-Known Member

Oh wow, this was fun but a real challenge! I had a hard time fitting in my word in a decent way.
    I chose the heart shape and my title says: mooi vuurtje...
    (translation: nice fire...)

[​IMG]

threadjungle, lulyg14 and amandac like this.
  13. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

14. amandac

Either is fine Carolyn, or both if you are feeling sassy :)

Amson likes this.
  15. amandac

I'm not sure what program you are using sorry Rhonda but the way that I did it in PS was to pick a shape and then create a layer for each letter in my title. I then clipped all the layers onto the shape. It will cut little bits off some of the letters but thats fine as long as I can see the what the letter would be. For the letters that needed lengthening to fit the shape, I just grabbed them and dragged them up and down until they fit. Like this .........
    shape letter drag.JPG
    and just keep going until it fills up the shape nicely ......
    shape letter drag 2.JPG
    If you want to add a paper to your letter, unclip them, merge them, clip the paper to the letter layer, merger the paper and then clip the new papered letters onto the shape.
    shape letter drag 3.JPG
    shape letter drag 4.JPG shape letter drag 5.JPG
    I hope that this helps?

violaine, Christina W, Iowan and 5 others like this.
  16. ajm

ajm Well-Known Member

Thank you for the challenge and shapes!

Love-Tygo-800.jpg

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  17. *sylvia*

*sylvia* Well-Known Member

thank you for the challenge & the shapes

[​IMG]

18. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

19. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Thank you for this fun challenge and Thankyou to Scrapping with Liz for the shapes to play with.

[​IMG]

G.J. and amandac like this.
  20. CharlotteM

CharlotteM Well-Known Member

very interesting Challenge - I chose the shape of the woman and wrote the text straight across, I hope it works
    [​IMG]