JANUARY 2016 - {PROJECT PAGES}

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by gracielou, Jan 7, 2016.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

It may have been renamed because Pocket Style isn't always a weekly layout, or monthly layout. Some scrappers also do a single event or photo in pocket style.

2. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Can I post mine here (don't think I have yet!)? They aren't exactly pocket style, but it is my 2016 project.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

gracielou and bestcee like this.
  3. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

I love seeing so many different takes on this project and how each person truly makes it something their own and something that works for them!

4. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

That's exactly why I think the rename was a bad idea, though. I'd be all for adding a Pocket Style gallery, but changing something that is actually not that related to be called that doesn't make sense. Now I have non-pocket LOs in a gallery called Pocket. Plus I don't think there was any kind of announcement to let pocket scrappers know to start putting their LOs there.

5. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I would love to see two separate galleries... a project life one (or an equivalent non-trademarked name) and a pocket one. I think those can be/are two separate things. I think at one time, they were pretty much the same, they have each taken on their own life separate from each other. When I'm looking at project life galleries, I'm looking for ways to chronologically document my life, which is not necessarily limited to pocket pages. Pocket pages is a style of page scrapping, where project life is more of a concept/project. A lot of people do their December Daily albums as pocket pages, but there is still a separate album, because it's more about the project than it is about the style of page. Does that make sense?

lorryfach likes this.
  6. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

Absolutely, Liz!! LOVE seeing your pages - I'm a big fan of all the different styles and approaches that can be used for this project!

7. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

Agree 100%. I have no problems with a pocket gallery, but I don't understand why a project album has to be taken away in order to make one.

8. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

half way through Feb, and now I've done Jan... ha. perhaps there's hope for me yet!!

[​IMG]

Even though I wrote things down in my "stories" planner pages, I still find that as I was doing the actual layout, I only scrolled through pictures. I wonder how many new things I'll want to add to my layout after I go back to re-read all of that. :giggle

RebeccaH and Scrapping with Liz like this.
  9. renee82

renee82 renee82

10. RebeccaH

I had time to get another week done!!! Woop!! I only had enough pics to do a 1-pager for week 3, so I balanced it out w/ a photoless LO documenting our decision to relocate. The 2 pages don't really match so well, but I can be ok with that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. familyhistoryscrapper

familyhistoryscrapper Once upon a time there was this dragon ...

Well I have FINALLY chosen my format and my templates for my 2016 album and now I have my first page done and am off to scrap the rest of the weeks that have already passed!

[​IMG]

12. marlathrall

marlathrall New Member

I new here, but using Just Jamiee's Storyteller collection this year. Finally getting started on my January pages!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. RebeccaH

Finally finally getting around to some more scrapping. This year is slow going, for sure! Hoping to at least keep a steady pace for the next few weeks so I don't get too far behind... and dare I hope, maybe get a little more caught up?

Here's week 4:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]