January 20: Point and Shoot photos

Discussion in 'MOC Challenges' started by FarrahJobling, Jan 19, 2015.

1. wendyjc

wendyjc Hoping to have Kate by the ocean

I used my Iphone to take the pictures and the PicLab app to add the texture and text to the photos. It is a free app and there are tons of word art and textures and light effects to play around with. I have tried so many apps for photo editing and I think I have finally found one that does everything I want it to do. Thanks for the challenge.
    [​IMG]

2. Joamosatcharterdotnet

Joamosatcharterdotnet New Member

I took my picture outdoors with my IPhone and I didn't edit it at all but left it as is...the photo came out pretty good when there is good light...I love your tips and I will try the apps nextime. Thanks so much for the challenge.
    [​IMG]

3. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

what an AWESOME photo!!!!!!!

4. zippyoh

zippyoh Well-Known Member

I took the photo with my iphone, and brightened the colors and sharpened it in the PicTapGo app

[​IMG]

5. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

I have to admit this one was frustrating for me. More because I was sick and there was little to take pics of. The cat was not cooperating, neither was the dog. So I had quick taken this pic and didn't really like it. I cropped it and it looked a lot better. Then I used snapseed and it had fun deciding what to do.

[​IMG]

6. Damayanti

Damayanti Don't make me laugh ...

My page :)
    Picture with my iPhone this morning :)
    [​IMG]

7. mummyd

mummyd Iron Maiden ...

photo of my daughter, she is home today poorly so we had a few minutes outside while feeding the rabbit and she spotted a cat climbing my neighbours tree.

tips used
    tip 1, natural light as outside
    tip 2, cropped the photo and got rid of some of the background as could see too much of my neighbours shed and the rabbit hutch
    tip 3, edited with vscocam and also added a cooling filter to bring some colour to the dull grey sky.
    and had lots of fun, hardly ever use my phone camera so this was certainly a challenge, I have a samsung s4 mini.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  8. wendy85

wendy85 Guest

here is min with a photo taken with my phone this morning
    i used the dit tip, added more light on it. since the photo was little to dark

[​IMG]

9. thimbleberrie

thimbleberrie Oooh, shiny!

Tips used: Tip #1 lighting -TIp #3 editing (photowonder app) and of course tip #5 fun. PHoto taken with Samsung Galaxy 3s

[​IMG]

10. scribler

scribler Blanket? Check! Slippers? Check! Sweater? Che

Took the pic with my OnePlus One (Android phone running Cyanogen). I changed the flash setting in my camera app and then I used a couple of the options in Snapseed to give the photo a little more interest since a photo of a Starbucks cup taken in a mall food court booth is just not that interesting. (I usually edit my photos in Lightroom, but for the challenge thought I'd give Snapseed another try.)

[​IMG]

11. adejong

adejong Glutton for punishment

12. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Love this challenge! Woke up to fresh snow this AM and a 2 hr delay for the kids. They were only interested in being lazy so I went outside to snap a few photos. Used my iPhone 5 and Camera+ app (playing around in the awesome Macro setting within the app). Love how the macro setting on this app gives that great DOF with no other apps or filters needed. Used a VSCO preset and only tweaked the setting slightly ... some added sharpening and some grain.

[​IMG]

13. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

Camera used is Nokia Lumia. I corrected the lighting, cropped and added an old photo style effect in Serif Photo lab
    [​IMG]

14. crazsquaw

crazsquaw I can totally make that...

Great challenge-and thanks for the tips!!
    I have two cameras but I never have them ready-in-hand for most of my photos! LOL I am even considering upgrading my phone to a totally different one BECAUSE of the better camera and photos! ;)

15. karbolik

karbolik Well-Known Member

I used background tip and edited with picfx. I love to use preset filters. generally I use my Iphone's own filters and instagram filters. I have a Nikon D7000 but It was really impossible to carry it with a 2 years old baby as you know. Iphone rules :)

here is mine:

[​IMG]

16. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

I went outside and took pictures of my kids playing. The lighting was great because it was a bright sunshiny day.

[​IMG]

17. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

tips used: light, background and cropping
    [​IMG]

18. zenjen

zenjen PIkes Peak Paradise

Here's mine…

[​IMG]
    https://the-lilypad.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=182968&title=zach-the-cook&cat=500

My photo was taken in the kitchen, under fluorescent lights, yuck!! It was dark since he and I were both blocking the light anyway. The background contained distracting items I didn't want o include. And I took it on my iPhone, which isn't forgiving in dark situations, so this photo had a lot working against it as far as quality goes. I edited it in a couple apps and gave it a filter that looked a little "old." I do this when I need to "hide" a bad photo, but I like the content, just not the quality. Fun challenge, thanks!

Here's my original photo…
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  19. Nikki Epperson

Nikki Epperson I'm really a spy.

I had my daughter take her own photo and then I lightened, cropped, and darkened shadows to make her pop.

[​IMG]

20. lindseylou

lindseylou Active Member

I played around with all of the tips. Some went better than others. :)

[​IMG]