January 18: Recipe (Random Challenge)

Discussion in 'MOC 2018 Challenges' started by keepscrappin, Jan 18, 2018.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

In my best musical voice....

"Hey good-lookin,
    Whatcha got cookin? How's about cookin somethin' up with me?"
    Somethin' scrappin' that is... hehe

Today your challenge is to cook up a layout following my MOC recipe.
    1. Start with 1 solid paper for your background. It must be a solid. It can have texture but no patterns.
    2. Add 1 BIG photo - NO OTHER PHOTOS ALLOWED. It must take up at least 1/2 of your page. It can be bigger, but I must still be able to see some of the solid background paper.
    3. Add 1 or more shape(s) (rectangles, squares, circles, triangles, hexagons, scallops, chevrons) to your layout and fill the shape(s) with solid or pattern paper as desired. These can be paper layers, but I must still be able to see the solid background.
    4. Spice it up by adding 1 or more word art(s) to your layout.
    5. Sprinkle on ONLY 1 scatter. (FYI: Paint is NOT a scatter).
    6. Top off your layout with 3 or more elements in addition to what you have already added, but remember you can ONLY have 1 scatter and 1 photo TOTAL on your layout.
    7. Finish your layout to taste with shadowing, journaling, a date or an awesome title. These are all optional. Add what you want from what's listed in this step, but NOTHING ELSE can be added!
    MOC6_18ChristmasWithFamily_Dec17_web.jpg
    Credits: Clean and Simple n28 templates and Joy Bundle by Sabrina's Creations
    Solid Bg paper: white; 1 big photo; 4 hexagon shapes; word art (for title) and word strip; 1 star scatter; 3+ elements: ampersand, flower, button, foliage, bow; Finish work: shadowing and date

And that's it! To recap:
    1. Solid background - must still be able to see some of it when your layout is complete.
    2. 1 Big Photo - NO OTHER PHOTOS ALLOWED
    3. 1 or more shapes of your choice
    4. 1 or more word arts
    5. 1 scatter ONLY
    6. 3 or more elements of your choice - The shapes, word art and scatter do NOT count as one of your 3 elements.
    7. Shadow, journal, date or title if you want - NOTHING ELSE PLEASE!

Please remember the standard MOC guidelines: Your page must be a new page in order to count for the Month of Challenges. Your page must be posted in three places:
    1. Uploaded to the TLP Gallery (not an outside hosting site).
    2. Posted in your page layout thread you created in the MOC Layouts Folder. You should have one post per completed challenge page. If you complete all 31 challenges, your thread should contain 31 posts. Please do not comment in the participants’ page threads so we can keep them clean.
    3. Posted in this thread. People can comment here if they wish.
    Pages must contain at least 75% current Lilypad product (currently for sale in the store from either permanent designers or guest designers).

Thanks for playing along, I can't wait to see what y'all have cooked up with this recipe!

I will be hosting this recipe challenge as a speed scrap on Thursday, January 18th @ 2 pm EST/11 am PST and can answer additional questions during that time.

1-18-MOC6 speed-scrap.jpg

2. keepscrappin

Holding this spot for answers to questions. I'll stick around for a few minutes to make sure y'all can see this and then it's off to bed for this girl.... hehe

Thanks in advance to everyone who lists what they used for each step. It makes checking layouts so much easier for me. :heartlub

Strips of paper are considered shapes in step 3.

Yes, paint counts as an element. If you use paint as an element, please tell me. I'm having a hard time telling how many paints people are using. THANKS!

Yes, you can use 20+ elements or as many elements as you would like to use. Please just make sure you ONLY use 1 scatter and meet the other requirements.

If you are a minimal scrapper, please make sure you have at least 3 elements IN ADDITION to the paper shapes, word art and only 1 scatter required in steps 3-5.

YAY! I checked with the boss and yes you can use the same layout to count for both the MOC challenge and the speed scrap. However, you MUST ATTEND the speed scrap chat portion and post your layout (meeting all the requirements) in the speed scrap thread by the deadline in order to get the speed scrap participation prize. Hope to see ya'll at the speed scrap today.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  3. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

sounds like a recipe even i can follow!

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

Great challenge! Thanks!

keepscrappin likes this.
  5. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

I'll work on my page this morning (day off), but will still go to the chat tonight. Sounds like fun!

keepscrappin likes this.
  6. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

ooh scatters, not sure I have any as I don’t normally use them

keepscrappin likes this.
  7. keepscrappin

Feel free to make your own scatter from elements sized small and placed randomly.

AJK likes this.
  8. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

I SO thought when I saw the post title that we were going to get to share a recipe and I was super excited lol!

I still like the challenge though :agree

9. keepscrappin

You could still share a recipe, if you'd like. Take a photo of the food and use that as your BIG photo and put the recipe as journaling.

10. keepscrappin

Ok scrappers,

I'm off to bed. I'll be back in the morning to check on you and answer questions.

keepscrappin and good night!

11. Aerobigirl

Would a little strip of patterned paper be considered an "element," or is it a "paper?"

keepscrappin likes this.
  12. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

[​IMG]
    1. Solid background
    2. 1 Big Photo
    3. 1 or more shapes of your choice (3 rectangle paper strips)
    4. 1 or more word arts (3: title and finding, perfect)
    5. 1 scatter
    6. 3 or more elements of your choice (paint, flower & sticker)
    7. Shadow, journal, date or title if you want

keepscrappin, wvsandy and LynnG like this.
  13. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Wow @Eyeore - you are quick!!!!

This one sounds a little complicated.

keepscrappin likes this.
  14. LynnG

LynnG Designer

Ooooh I love these ones! Was going to stop for the day but I may have to get scrapping!

keepscrappin and StefanieS like this.
  15. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

my eyes are burning...way too late for me to be up...but I got to playing and everything came together..I struggled with scatters and then found the nails and screws...and voila scatter ONE...lol
    [​IMG]

16. Stacy

Stacy Well-Known Member

I love a good recipe!! And this one warms my heart because I love that sunrise! I could wake up to that everyday

[​IMG]

17. Aerobigirl

I hope I got this correct.
    Shapes = I made 3 circles at the top left of the page.
    One word art - done
    One scatter - done
    3 or more elements - photo corner, ribbon, star button, date stamp, label under journaling.

[​IMG]

18. Jems

Jems Well-Known Member

Here is my attempt ... but seriously only one scatter :eek: hahaha

[​IMG]

SheriScraps and keepscrappin like this.
  19. LynnG

LynnG Designer

[​IMG]

I love this photo that resulted from DH sticking his hand (holding his summer hat) in front of the camera just as I took a pic of DD on his phone.

I used my Blue Skies Ahead Kit

Blue solid paper, 1 patterned paper triangle, 1 scatter, 1 word art (Blue Skies), 5 extra elements (fabric phrase tag, epoxy, pennant, transfer and stitched circles)

20. jang

jang Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!