January 11 - 2020 Vision Board

Discussion in 'MOC 2020 Challenges' started by FarrahJobling, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

and one of the rules of MOC, if your journaling is too private, you can blur it and send it to the challenge's Polly! as long as the page shows that you did the requirements, the text shouldn't be the problem!! =)

jk703, yellowpeep, LynnG and 3 others like this.
  2. meagan43

meagan43 Um, did you know that you're wrong?

Question -
    I use MOC for me to get pages done in my particular album - not add extra pages that aren't for an album.
    My album that I am working on for this challenge is our Disney trip in August. I really want to get it done so that I can give it as a gift.

Can I do it as a trip goals page? It wouldn't 2020, but I could find 20 goals for the trip that could then be checked off if we did them.

3. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

@Ferdy Thanks, I like that thought!

Ferdy and FarrahJobling like this.
  4. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

I do MOC also to help me finish my 2019 book but this challenge can be a good one as a first page in my 2020 book

easyeyes4you and FarrahJobling like this.
  5. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

I'm the same way, but there's nothing to say that this list of 20 must be your closely held goals for the year. For example, my real goals have to do with weight and health, but I'm not putting those out there for all to see. I'll do a list that includes less personal "goals," like completing my Goodreads challenge (read 110 books) or a few related to work. The reality is that I'd never set 20 goals for myself all at once--that would be setting myself up to fail. So if the list needs to be 20, there's going to be filler in there, too.

jk703, Ferdy, wvsandy and 1 other person like this.
  6. rach3975

I can't say if a travel-only vision board works, but if it does, you could do a list of 20 goals for your next trip then change the text for your own personal copy so that it still works in your album.

meagan43 and FarrahJobling like this.
  7. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

I am not very happy about this challenge. I guess I'll do emotions I'm going to feel in 2020. Will that count?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    Tedasgram (Ruth) likes this.
  8. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

@AJK It does not have to be deeply personal, and if it is and you want to blur out the text, totally fine. =)

Here's what I've added to the FAQ from the 2nd post
    Q- Can I use ONE word to represent my "goals"?
    A- ABSOLUTELY - I don't need complete sentences and your "goal" can be as vague as you'd like. As simple as "read a book" or "try something new" or even "laugh"

Q- Do I have to share my most inner thoughts?
    A- NOPE - I'm definitely not looking for a 20 page manifesto....a simple scrap page to represent how you'd like your year to go is perfect. If your goal is to have sex 366 times this year and you don't want to announce that to the world, you can totally use the word "LOVE" to represent that. You can go as deep as you'd like, but it's ok to just have fun with it. If you want to blur out the text, totally fine! An UN-goal list would be hilarious!

Q- Can the goals be about family, friends, etc...?
    A- ABSOLUTELY - it would be soooo funny to see one from a pet's perspective

Q- Do I have to use the word "GOAL"?
    A- NOPE - Any synonym works....the spirit of the challenge is "vision board" so interpret that as you wish and have FUN!

Q- Is this a "great" challenge?
    A- ABSOLUTELY! Have fun with it! I'm sure we all can think of 100 little things we'd like to do this year, from simply taking time to breathe to trying a new recipe to scrapping something outside our comfort zone. I only need to see 20 items.

jk703, mrs2a50, amandac and 6 others like this.
  9. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I am a goal driven person, and so loved this challenge, the process and am printing now to put in my bullet journal!
    [​IMG]

10. FarrahJobling

I'm sorry you feel this way...I won't be offended if you skip it. <3

20 goals is realistic....I'm not asking for anything super deep and you can split goals into smaller goals...For example...if health is a goal....feel free to split that into 1. drink more water, 2. try a new recipe, 3. try a different vegetable, 4. take a walk, 5. take deep breaths - easy peasy. Have fun with it! =)

11. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

I even numbered them for you....lol....don't do the math on the minutes...the song takes a few liberties as I am sure it is harder to sing "525,949.2 minutes".
    [​IMG]

12. FarrahJobling

@meagan43 The spirit of the challenge is for 2020....but how am I to know which year you're scrapping about, unless you tell me. ;) @rach3975 makes a very good suggestion =)

amandac and meagan43 like this.
  13. FarrahJobling

THANK YOU! Good thing my kids have grammerly to help. I'm not the best proofreader. The word "how" was added by mistake. I fixed in the original post.

cfile likes this.
  14. FarrahJobling

@cinderella said it perfectly.... Amen sister! =)

15. LilachOren

LilachOren Well-Known Member

I did it! I nailed this challenge! LOL Thank you! I’m learning new things every challenge
    Here is my page....

[​IMG]

16. FarrahJobling

Join me today for extra tips and fun ideas to get this challenge in the books! You can even come whine about it and I'll tell you how awesome you are and that you can do it! You got this!

[​IMG]

17. meagan43

meagan43 Um, did you know that you're wrong?

that is a good idea. I didn't think of that. I am usually so literal that what I post IS the page for my album that I didn't think to just not put the year or change the year.

I try not to make pages that I wouldn't want for myself. And I am always so far behind in making pages that doing one that isn't for an album that needs to get done seems like it takes time away from completing albums, so I usually try to think of a way to make a challenge (or CT work) work for my completed albums.

HavaDrPepper likes this.
  18. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I'll admit that the first post scared me but after reading this thread I am laughing and ready to find the fun in this.

19. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

@FarrahJobling you're being a good sport when we're all whining so much.

20. rach3975

For anyone struggling with the number of items needed--try interpreting this more broadly, maybe "plans" instead of "goals." For example, my family is going to take 2 trips this year, one during spring break and one over the summer. I wouldn't necessarily say those are goals, but they're plans and things I need to work toward (researching, booking, etc), so I'm including them on my vision board.