January 11 - 2020 Vision Board

Discussion in 'MOC 2020 Challenges' started by FarrahJobling, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

It is about the scrap page,not necessarily your private life. In my universe they don't have to be important goals. Something like ,:I won't wear blue socks, or I will start counting backwards from 10 every morning,to see if my brain still works, could be a fun board.

2. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

Totally agree with @Nemla . You won't see any spectacular goals from me, but rather the little things.

3. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Amen, sister!

4. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Oh, I'm excited about this! :fruit

5. Mumma848

Mumma848 Well-Known Member

ok... hmm...
    do the have to 20 all my goals? or can I do this about our family and family goals?
    do I have to use the word goal? can it be a synonym?

6. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

If I'm reading the challenge correctly, your vision board can be about a specific categories:
    Those examples aren't extremely private (except maybe the "how do you feel?" one lol.) Perhaps you have a scrapping goal? Or a house goal? So you could break down your goals in concrete, non-close-to-the-chest categories that are still about your hopes and dreams.

Another idea is you could blur the text and then send any words you blurred to Farrah so she knows your page is in compliance.

And, if I'm remembering correctly, you have a OLW for 2020? Your OLW could be a jumping-off point.

"Hopes and dreams" can be many things. Reading the challenge, the MOC Mavens (aka the Pollys) made sure to give us specifics (vision board, exactly 20 items, etc) as well as to give us plenty of space for creativity. I'm sure you--and that means anyone reading this--can find a way to do this!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    frutselke, Juliestcyr, jk703 and 8 others like this.
  7. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

This will take some thinking about - love it! Great challenge :)

8. nanascrapper

nanascrapper Well-Known Member

Challenge....definitely.....great, not so sure KarenB. It seems to have got a lot of tongues wagging though! I, like quite a few others will have to sleep on it. Hey, just writing this has given me one clue for my list:eyeroll

AJK and KarenB like this.
  9. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

Ha! I'm sticking with great. Just written a list of goals (nothing too personal):giggle and I have 30!!! So now I'm working on reducing it down to 20. I think I'm odd in that I like doing stuff like this. I really hope everyone can find a way to complete this challenge. In the past I found that sometimes the challenges I've really not wanted to do, have turned out to be my favourite layouts! YOU CAN DO THIS :beat

Karen, Juliestcyr, LynnG and 5 others like this.
  10. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

@FarrahJobling Thank you for the Vision Board challenge :)

[​IMG]

Total 20 items:
    Under to do: 7 items (calendar for G&P, Finish MOC, Dr. Visits, PS/PSE Tutorials, See family, Work on Art w/Copics, Read More)
    Under Priority: 5 items (De-Clutter house, Scrapbook Trip, Exercise, Lose the extra weight, Photography)
    Under Looking back: 5 items (I married my BF, Have a nice home, Job promo to OE, Quit smoking 2014, Retired at 50) [I review this time and time again so it is a constant in my daily and yearly goals ... to be grateful for these accomplishments daily as a reminder to keep at it/keep it up - like no longer smoking and to continue to be retired and have a nice home etc. Accomplishments re affirm that I can do, must do and continue to do]
    Under to See Again: 3 items (VB Zoo, Plan another trip to the UK, Williamsburg)

**Farrah thank you for the vision board challenge.. **

Constant review of looking back:
    I look back to keep focused for current. ie: re smoking.. I have to keep my eye on that as it would be very easy to fall back on that and many other accomplishments- also like watching what I spend, cause if I spend too much I will have to go back to work and thus no longer be retired... same with promotion... that is reflecting that I can rise above as long as I keep focused... marrying my best friend - to keep my marriage a happy one, and to keep up with cleaning and taking care of our home so it will remain nice

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
  11. *gina*

*gina* It's all about the 3-C's

Thank you so much for this very interesting challenge @FarrahJobling

It was not easy for me and I had to leave my comfort zone completely. But hey .... why is this called a challenge? To accept the challenge - sometimes it works better, sometimes less well. But that's exactly what makes MOC so appealing

[​IMG]

12. Mary-Lynne

Mary-Lynne Well-Known Member

Wow, this one is going to be a huge stretch! I've never even heard of a vision board...except at the eye docs! I only make a few goals, cause I get over-whelmed with too many and them give up. But I think I can take each one and divide it into specifics. Gonna have to think on this one!

AJK likes this.
  13. Coady

Coady Well-Known Member

Here is my version - thanks so much for inspiring to get this on "paper"!

[​IMG]

14. nessita

nessita Well-Known Member

Hope, this meets all the requirements :)
    [​IMG]

MamaBee, Karen, Juliestcyr and 14 others like this.
  15. MlleTerraMoka

MlleTerraMoka Well-Known Member

16. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

17. knclark

knclark Chocolate snob

18. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Here's mine
    [​IMG]

Translation in the gallery!

19. ta_merkins

ta_merkins Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain

I did mine in 8.5x11 with a white background so I can easily print it and hang it in my office

[​IMG]

20. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

Geez - 20 goals?????? :backing

Kat and AJK like this.