JANUARY 10: Imperfect Photo

Discussion in 'MOC Challenges' started by Trista, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Tabithah

Tabithah Member

This is a photo I would normally crop to get rid of so much background and move in closer to the bunny, but I blurred the edges to put a focus on it.

[​IMG]

2. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

I picked this photo b/c the color was awful and it was not in focus.

[​IMG]

3. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

You all are rocking my socks! I am just wowed every time I visit the gallery.

4. Jeanet

Jeanet CT - Lynne-Marie

Any one who knows me know that I'm kind of obsessed with Handball and at a charity game last year we got real close to the arena with a perfect view. I hated that I had forgotten the good camera so I took only a few photos and didn't use any of them afterwards. So I had to use one of them for this challenge.
    [​IMG]
    I lightened it and blurred everyone a little but the one in the middle to make him stand out more. And for my layout I cropped the photo.
    [​IMG]

5. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

So this was one photo, taken a night with a flash - which I hate! But it so captures our night, so I cropped it twice to make two separate photos and converted to black and white to help with the wash out from the flash.

[​IMG]

6. MamaBee

MamaBee CT - Kate Hadfield

my photo was bad lighting, fuzzy, and hubby's shoulder... changed it to black and white and put a canvas filter on it...

[​IMG]

7. AnotherAmanda

AnotherAmanda Well-Known Member

Imperfect photo challenge: This is one of the few photos I took once Missy was in her wedding dress. Being the Matron of Honor meant I couldn't run around with my camera. (The things we do for friends!) It's blurry because I was trying to stay out of the photographer's way and the light was bad but this is completely from camera. No changes.[​IMG]

8. hiddennhim

hiddennhim Active Member

We took a quick Geocaching trip this weekend. It was a beautiful day but the sun was bright, there were lots of shadows and one of the places we stopped was a concrete bridge and did not make for a very nice background. I cropped the larger picture and faded the color a little and changed the smaller pics to black and white.

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

9. AmandaG

AmandaG New Member

My imperfect photo layout - out of focus selfie
    [​IMG]

10. Natascha

Natascha Well-Known Member

I cropped, lighten it up and sharpend the picture :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  11. Nanascraps

Nanascraps Member

Imperfect photo? Me? Bwahhaha! Oh happy day - a chance to do something with the set of very disappointing photos of my new pup and my GR! The photos of them playing were all very blurry, and didn't show faces. So I just put a whole set in, making them smaller but telling the story. I also had some that the lighting was horrible on - yellow, etc. Instead of photo editing them, I applied a paint style to them and blended them. I rather like the effect, but I'll probably play some more. Thank you!!

[​IMG]

12. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

Imperfect photos... I have so many. :)

My favorite trick is to turn them B&W. For some reason, the blurriness isn't quite so obvious with B&W. The bottom left pic was really blurry, and the second row photo was too. It is harder to tell that with them B&W.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  13. jode2771

jode2771 Just Call Me Dookie

[​IMG]

My original photo
    [​IMG]
    I used Screen, I adjusted shadows and I took a bit of the blue out and made it warmer... and cropped it... and added some contrast :-)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  14. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

This was a cell phone photo that my brother snapped and texted to me, so the only copy I have is at a low resolution. I used a template with a small photo space to help with that, and then I bumped up the colors in Lightroom (VSCO presets) to help my niece stand out a bit more. I picked papers and embellishments in the same colors as the clothes she's wearing to help her stand out from the distracting background.

[​IMG]

15. christina

christina christina

Here is mine :) The original photo was color and very grainy. I made it a sort of sepia and black and white :)

[​IMG]

16. Dutch_Diva

Dutch_Diva The 80's called? Awesome!

Original picture has the date stamp on it which I accidentally had set to print on the front of the picture :(

[​IMG]

And here is the edited version on my layout

[​IMG]

17. Chey

Chey Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The photo was way overexposed, but yay for RAW and Lightroom. Brought down the exposure, slightly color corrected and cropped it a bit.

Here's the before:

[​IMG]

18. cla

cla Well-Known Member

Original - [​IMG]
    This is a film photo and you can see it isn't straight and there is too much sky so I straightened a cropped it as well as lightened it up by playing with the exposure, highlights and vibrance.

[​IMG]

19. buzinettescrap

buzinettescrap I'm just a geek with dizzy feet!

in this picture, i don't have the head of my daughter .... dammed children that always moved lol
    [​IMG]

20. ArielleHGordon

ArielleHGordon New Member

This was a pretty blurry pic, so I made it black and white. Now I like it - I think he shows motion, in a way.

[​IMG]