JANUARY 10: Imperfect Photo

Discussion in 'MOC Challenges' started by Trista, Jan 10, 2015.

1. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

Thank you for the great challenge - Here is the before photo (cookie crumbs and all :giggle) : [​IMG]

I changed it to black and white (obviously - ha!) and lightened it up and then applied a "glamour" filter - and finally cropped it.

[​IMG]

2. beszteri

beszteri CT - Lynne-Marie

Love this challenge so much.

Here is my original photo - I've cropped it and converted to B&W.

[​IMG]

And here is my page with it:

[​IMG]

3. TwoTinyTurtles

TwoTinyTurtles CT - Just Jaimee

[​IMG]

The photo was strange colored, not 100% sharp and the background full of toys. I played with the contrast and simply turned it into b/w.

4. VinGirl

VinGirl Well-Known Member

This started out super grainy, and with unnecessary clutter. The color wasn't that great either, so I cropped, changed the stauration, and added a filter. :)

[​IMG]

5. toriloowho

toriloowho Yep… I'm an over thinker.

This is an instagram photo that I redownloaded from TimeHop... I cropped it a bit to hide some of the mess of the kitchen and the TimeHop logo.
    [​IMG]

6. PuSticks

PuSticks Oh, bother

My photos were very yellow or blown out (inside phone photos) and the background was really cluttered too. I turned them B&W and added some blur to the background area. I also played with the levels (even "cutting out" my people to adjust those levels individually)

[​IMG]

7. EllenT

EllenT I live for that hourglass ...

In the group picture, my friend's bra straps were showing and she wanted me to fix that.
    [​IMG]

8. Nana77

Nana77 Active Member

I cropped photo, also made it to black & white and used noiseware.

Here is mine:

[​IMG]

9. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

I am making my rounds through this thread and have left lovies for everyone to the end of page 4. You all are blowing me away with the photo rescues!!

10. lynning

lynning Makes wishes come true

Here is the photo before & after I tweaked it.
    ImperfectPhotoB&A.jpg

Here's my layout.
    [​IMG]

11. karbolik

karbolik Well-Known Member

here is the photo I picked: IMG_0029.jpg it's not focused. there is blur everywhere on it. and also you can see a unfortunate view from a tourist!! I love this photo and I didn't want to ruin it. Generally I prefer to use some interesting effects on photos. I have tons of application in my phone. so I picked one Mobile Monet to make some correction. and also I used some color touch too make it a bit shinny :) also a tiny frame helped to cover the lucky tourist :) Applications are really awesome about photo editing! and here is the result:

[​IMG]

12. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

the original photo was dark so I lightened it, sharpened a bit and then turned it b&w. I also cropped out the boat next to us and the rope on the deck.

[​IMG]

13. mels

mels New Member

The original photo was too busy, with too many colours, plus blurry. I cropped and ran a Radlab Detroit B&W filter.

[​IMG]

14. sberkan

sberkan Says "yes" to new adventures...

These are all taken from a car so they are all imperfect. I decided to take the blurriest one and blend it into the background and then I decided to just accept the others and scrap 'em anyway!

[​IMG]

15. lvancura

lvancura Well-Known Member

My photo is out of focus and the background was a burgundy and yellow. I like the slightly out of focus person as it shows the motion but didn't like the background. I changed the photo to black and white and used a mask to show the color of my son and his wrestling opponent.

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

16. suzyqscraps

suzyqscraps How now brown cow

I cropped my photo, changed it to black-&-white, adjusted the levels, & sharpened the image:

[​IMG]

17. asali

asali Mad for Marzipan

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  18. chai

chai Love to make a racket!

This was one of my most disappointing photos--the only one taken on our 25th anniversary. To repair it, I started in Lightroom and adjusted the lighting the best that I could. In Photoshop, I hid some undesirable lines, filled in our eyes and tried to remove some of the tan lines on my husband's face. Then, on the layout, I cropped a lot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  19. mirjam

mirjam mirjam

Holy schmoly! Great inspiration in here guys! Wow!

This weekend my computer fell and didn't survive. DH fixed the problem as soon as was humanly possible and now I am slowly trying to catch up.

Here's my attempt. I cropped the photo to get rid of everything distracting and then I blurred the bit of the church you see on the top left by using gaussian blur and cutout filter.

Page:
    [​IMG]

and original photo:
    [​IMG]

20. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

I had to do some cropping on this photo.

[​IMG]